1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol City....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Nov 24, 2018.

1. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

You can cut this any way you like but the only man who knew how to get the best out of a poor squad was Mick, yes it would be boring, unimaginative, stifling football but he knew that was the strength of his squad and he played to it. We knew we wouldnt win anything but we felt confident we wouldnt be relegated either but his time was up along with any new ideas.
    It goes to show what a bloody difficult job ITFC is when theres the old guard who remember the glory days and long for them back, and theres the younger fans whove seen nothing but struggle and want some of the good times for themselves and why not ? The only way this will happen is when we get ambitious owners so years of this to come im afraid, i just hope there will be something worth saving.

2. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

If the decision to sack Hurst was made after the Swansea result as suggested then I retain a lot of sympathy for Hurst. Indeed I posted a thread after Swansea that suggested in terms of games we got points from we were competing slightly better than the table suggested, and therefore it showed promise things would slowly come together. I was pleasantly surprised to get responses that agreed with me. It seems such a bizzare way to sack someone by giving the sacked
    sackee an international break and 2 games before making it official. I wouldn't believe it but Evans is someone who sacked Magilton after our last Derby win so who knows?

What ever the Merits of Sacking the manager who is statistically our worst manager in history. I do feel like it's left us with a half cooked omelette, going cold and a new chef just poking at it waiting for the funds to buy a new hob.

I want to support Lambert but when in your fourth game with a team you go from winning to losing in 8 minutes. That against a team also low on confidence and Infront of a home crowd. I find it difficult.

Bigalreigned likes this.
  3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think this season puts his tenure in a slightly different light. But I was never content to watch McCarthy’s sides and a change was needed. There’s no point existing if we don’t have a go.

4. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Rightly or wrongly, both the MM & PH eras have finished so I don’t see the point raking over what has happened. Looking forward and possible changes that could be made to the starting 11. t present, there are 3 players who shouldn’t be dropped- Sears, Skuse & Pennington. As for the rest, donacien for Spence is a no brainer for me (& I think most fans). However, after reading comments about players that can come in, it hits home how poor our squad is. We have fans wanting to see Nsiala and Nolan in the team. IMO they are good league 1 players but not up to championship standard. For what it’s worth, I would go with, Bart, Knudsen, Pennington, wolfenden, donacien. Edwards, Skuse, Downes, Dozzell/Bishop (1/2 each) Sears & Jackson

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Nsiala is certainly good enough and an improvement on Chambers but Woolfy is in a different class. You never know which players are going to hit form in the right combinations. No way I would have expected Freddie to hit the form he has, but he has taken the bull by the horns and others can do the same.