1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol City Board

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by FrankfurterBlue, May 25, 2018.

1. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Sparkey...what's the crack. Can this wizened blokey carry on the way he does on their board? Is he the only mod? I think the Cross-channel thread is good but also there are some other interesting threads put up there. Indeed, the one he put up could have developed into a great discussion on FFP and profits etc.
    Leaving aside the banter, the issue of what is P&L and what is cash and how transfers are dealt with could develop very well...... and allow people to learn something as well.
    It's not good to limit freedom of speech so much. I have a mental picture of some 60-odd buftie who had a jobsworth existence and who now wields power beyond his dreams, Sad...in more ways than one.
    I quite enjoyed a trip over there to see what's going on and getting some other views.
    I haunt the Chickens' board a bit too but it's all gone very quiet over there.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Furter - it was all Remote's fault yesterday.........<laugh>

I'm afraid we're up against a mod who's intent on preserving HIS forum for Bristol City supporters to post on Bristol City matters. Threads over there that include references to CCFC have naturally attracted suitable responses from CCFC posters that he deems "disruptive". It obvous he would be happier on a one-club local forum where they can talk about themselves rather than the inter-club format that is Not606 - but there you go.

Most (the vast majority) of their posters are up for a chat and give as good as they get in a banter sort of way, but there has been a caveman in the past and a precious chararacter more recently who just can't take it. The aforementioned mod dives in with support for his flock and threatens visitors - particularly me - it's probably my fault actually....<laugh>

After some more exchanges yesterday, he has cast the edict that HIS forum is out of bounds to CCFC posters except for a thread "Cross Channel Stuff" that I stuck up there last Augast and which he appears to be allowing CCFC posters to use (at the moment). Full of good banter with the BCFC guys, though it did attract "caveman" and "precious" with the result that it also seems doomed.

As far as I know, no one is banned from over there so he is deleting CCFC posts on other threads manually - he's certainly deleting mine at a stroke. <laugh>.

I'm not going to push it as I don't want to upset the huge majority of their posters who have no problem with me and the chat. Now if anyone else wants to try it, feel free. <ok>

On your question is there any other mods, the answer yes, but Tom appears not to want to get involved.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. FrankfurterBlue

Yes...I'd seen the banter go awry but also there have been some good interchanges over there on a host of subjects. of course, we all get parochial on times but it does not go too far.
    Maybe we should set up a thread here and invite people over? The Leeds guys do that I know.

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

What a pathetic bunch of whining babies.<laugh>

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

There must the opportunity for a comedy sketch there you know.

"This a local board for local posters."

Might see if one of the tv channels likes the idea.......

........hmmm, no luck.

Apparently The League of Gentlemen beat me to it.:emoticon-0121-angry

For Tubbs and Edward Tattsyrup read caveman and precious! <cheers>

6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

If. We had but one flock of sheep and allowed no infiltration from others, correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t that create inbreeding? I’ll put that out there as a “just saying” pal! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Do you see wat he said Winky? <party>Master of the subliminal eh Wannky?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  7. Hilts24

Own up. Who called Bristol City cr@p.?

Youve made them cry. No need for it.

8. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

This thread defo made me go and take a peek...amazing, seems to like eating his own turds....wonder what he does in life eh?
    As a former Bristol Rovers youth player (out of Clifton), I feel emotionally raped by this rubbish! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Needs a visit from the Winky Wannky birds! <party><party>

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Please be careful what you post Masky, I don't want another mentally scared casualty over here.

Remote and I are still recovering from our experience and Hilts will be in for treatment shortly ....<laugh>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  10. Hilts24

They deserve it. What muppets. Banning every Cardiff fan from a public forum apart from one post.

Its actually funny.

11. ccfcremotesupport

Lots of analogies between brizzle and Royston Vasey (the real name of Roy Chuuby Brown if you're intetested).

League of Gentlemen quote:

Edward / wizered: We don't bother the outside world, we don't want it bothering us.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Oldsparkey likes this.
  12. ccfcremotesupport

A different club but another relevant quote.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea?

Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  13. Hilts24

Some dumb wurzel has put a video of himself eating a fly off the window of his tractor.

Brain dead yokels.

14. ccfcremotesupport

One more.

Tubbs / caveman: Look Edward a shooting star. Should we make a wish?

Edward / precious: Yes Tubbs, wish for an end to this plague of strangers, for our futures to remain local and for new road to be totally destroyed.

Tubbs / caveman: And can I have a new dress please.

BluefromBridgend and Oldsparkey like this.
  15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Just out of interest, has anyone tried to post a decent comment on a thread over there other than the Cross Channel one?

This is not an invite to the kids Rodney - I'm just curious. <laugh>

You guys might have, but unless I stayed up all night scanning the forum on my 3 laptops, they could have gone so quick I might have missed them.

16. Hilts24

I was going to reply to the chap who asked for the best place to go for a drink as he was going to an event in Bristol.

I was going to suggest Bath as Bristols a sh!thole but thought it would get deleted.

DaiJones and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  17. FrankfurterBlue

I haven't tried posting since I saw this but I used to comment quite regularly over there on other threads.

18. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Bristol. Bored!!!

19. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Just popped on there and asked a question. Won't hold my breath on a response.
    A bit like the Swans board, inward looking and insular. A "my way or the highway" attitude.

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Ahhh diddums was the nasty man mean to you? I’m sorry I won’t say thered again to you. I know it’s difficult typing and dribbling at the same time.

Tom_BCFC likes this.