1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brentford vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Jan 7, 2020.

1. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Years away from prem & anyway I wouldn’t want to go up yet & get slaughtered each week, been there & seen that & no thanks

SW Ranger likes this.
  2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

So you are saying we don't need a new stadium? Why have fans got to be plastic? I have said before that QPR have lost 5 supporters that I know due to our stadium being too old, expensive and having crap facilities. The match day entertainment is ruined queuing up for 20 minutes to stand in piss. Not that nice when bringing a family along.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree. I look at both Leicester and Burnley who went up with us and thought... How badly have we been run.

4. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Never said that Ellers - I was saying that I wouldn't want us to become a Man City clone, already got those Scum down the road.
    Last time we were in PL the stadium had plenty of plastic fans in - it's the nature of the beast unfortunately, but you don't have to like it.
    We definately need a new stadium, with better facilities, I hope we manage to stay within W12, although it looks like Linford Christie is our only option for that.....

kiwiqpr and ELLERS like this.
  5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Exactly my point

kiwiqpr and ELLERS like this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree. I hate plastics more than most. When we had the Korean lad from Manure I had four sitting in front of me with phones and cameras all game. Did my head in tbh. But agree a LC stadium must be the way forward. Plus a decent training ground and importantly a good manager who can make a team that we are proud of.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Yes, don't envy Norwich who are down there now, preparing for the next good kicking

8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I just watched that "live" on a repeat send on the TV. A terrible performance defensively. Why he selects Manning and Lumley over Kelly and Wallace who both did well last game, and then kept them on the pitch the whole f***** game, really p***** me off. Manning seems to have been going backwards since he's gone LB, and was a huge liability the whole game. Lumley is forever stranded in between going out or staying put, belief in himself gone, a big shame.

Why BOS kept turning inside and back, rather than roasting the back until the 2nd half was another big ? for me, we did nothing much offensively until far too late in the game. A timid performance against a team who looked like they would concede, once put under a bit of pressure. just like us really.

rangercol likes this.
  9. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can't believe some of the negativity on here......

Beaten by a better side today who had an eleven minute purple patch helped by some poor defending....definate improvement 2nd half but left too much to do...

They will be top 6 come May.....

We are at least 2 seasons behind them in the way to operate but we're in a far better position than most of us thought we would be....

Keep the faith...

NigsyHoops, KentGaz, Wherever and 5 others like this.
  10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Who is our defensive coach? A surefire candidate for his P45 I'd say. Until we stop conceding cheap goals we're going to be also-rans. All three goals were poor defensive play and we could have been 5 or 6 down at the break. MW's insistence on piling forward often leaves us wide open to the counter, tactically it's naive and costing us...

Rodney and Ninj like this.

11. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I have seen the highlights on Quest.
    My take - if our strikers scored the goals that Brentford scored we would all be happy however:
    1) Goal one - it was a foul on Manning. However a free shot at goal - who was marking?
    2) Goal two - get the ball out - do not head into the air because as soon as it comes down the striker can hit it anywhere towards the goal.
    3) Goal 3 - 2 free headers in our area? Where the defence and where is the marking?

I was surprised that no penalty was conceded prior to the goals being scored against us.
    I struggle to see how Lumley can be blamed outright for goal 2 because even though his kick was poor (we always seem to have keepers Seaman, Steyskal, Sieb Dykstra, there are others that cannot always kick straight) there were players that could have done more to defend the situation. He is partially to blame.

However, I do think that we need a defender that can organise the defence (I would like to know how Masterson played ) and a central midfielder that can dictate a game. l also think that this game would have suited Scowen - although he would have been booked he was a player that was one a high from scoring one of the best goals of his career. One thing that was mentioned on 5 live was the fact that Brentford's current manager was brought in under the last manager and so when he left the transformation was somewhat easier. Plus their scouting system appears to be better than ours - sell for large sums and bring in cheaper players.

We are still a work in progress - mid table finish would be good. I am disappointed that after two high scoring victories, we roll over for 45 minutes and get our bellies tickled. Also, the lack of our front 4's names being mentioned means that either service to them was non-existent or Brentford were that good in snuffing out the team.

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  12. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

BFG was a big loss for us today and Cameron is not a centre half.....Masterson looked composed when he came on at half time....think we all agree that manning isn't a left back and Wallace would have been a better option for his experience....

Ninj likes this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I don't call it negativity, I call it frustration. I said Brentford were better than us and I have no problem with losing to them. 3rd place and best defence in division. What frustrates me is we keep making the same mistakes (manager as well). Some of our passing was shocking and our defending has the same problems each week. not to mention the keeper! <yikes> Surely after they beat us at HQ earlier in the season we might have worked out who to play and not? We should have done our homework better. 3-0 down in a derby at HT is not really good and fans should have every right to question it.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

We are in desperate need of a new stadium. It's a horrible place.

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I don't blame Lumley for the second goal. It was already plain that the wind was a major factor and I thought Kane was wrong to pass it back when a first-time kick was Lumley's only option. He got a reasonable contact, but it held up in the wind and when it was returned Cameron did his trademark under-the-ball backward header and Lumley was stranded.

Ninj likes this.
  16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Not for me. I love HQ but it doesn't have good facilities. Taken plenty of mates who all say the same thing. My mate used to take his 2 kids but they didn't enjoy it so QPR lost 3 fans.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice Amos near the end of the game when we attacked and he only had to move 3 feet to get the ball and just stood there... bloody derby and cant be bothered to give 100% is sad. Don't get me started on Eze. :emoticon-0145-shake

18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Nah. It’s a beautiful sporting arena when we’re doing well.

Lovely toilets at the Madjeski if that’s your thing.

kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  19. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

They probably just don’t enjoy the team being ****e. The hot dogs will be just as bad at a new ground.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Yes! Immense frustration.

Sadly we are used to losing at present but this was a derby which we came into on the back of two exceptional wins. Did that raise out hopes too high?

I love watching QPR be it live, highlights or internet clips but yesterday I went to bed with QPR in my frustrated head as my last thought and woke re-living the misery in losing to a small town in Hounslow.

Tramore is, of course, correct with his reality check. We are much better off than anyone imagined we would be at this stage. That ticks box in my head BUT my heart / but is left churning at that performance.

Going to move on now and not think about this again until tomorrow morning when my Bees colleague who was at the game will be eagerly waiting for me!

ELLERS likes this.