1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brentford H predictions/ thoughts

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Good point there. Poor first half and the formation was wrong, in hindsight, but Hurst corrected the mistake, brought on Edwards and Nolan (who both had good games) and we’re still unbeaten at home against tough opposition. Good result that and hopefully we will beat Bolton on the weekend.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

SAID A DRAW WOULD BE GOOD … now for brum!!!!!
    off for 2 weeks in isolation … from the media that is usually don't get any results till I get back in October

3. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

That's a good point, lets hope Spence is dropped and this line up continued for Saturday and hopefully Walters will be fit.

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Poor first half and it looked like we'd be lucky to keep the score down.Second half and we were far more cohesive,and a goal from Jackson at last,well taken.Nice to see we at last have a manager with a Plan B and prepared to make changes to implement it.
    Something to build on for Saturday.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Missed the game today unfortunately but I'll take the result.

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Me too. But that's more like it. Encouraging performance 2nd half against high flying in form team.

That"s the Championship!

7. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Credit to the players, that must have been a grim dressing room to be in half time.

Well done Hurst for admitting you got it wrong and changing it early.

Still feel it's a car crash of a project, however does give us the chance to build and get a win v Bolton. Simply have to beat Bolton, nothing else will do.

COYB.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Or alternatively lose or draw against Bolton and keep improving. I think the first win will come vs Brum.

9. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

That was a positive result last night. Striker gets a goal, we remain undefeated at home, we showed evidence we can change the course of a game.

Hopefully Hurst feels less pressure to experiment with different people and systems and we can finally end the wait for a win on Saturday

10. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

If we don't beat Bolton at home he's definitely getting towards borrowed time.

Lets see what happens.

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Plenty of time left

12. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Watched the full replay last night.
    First half was terrible, Jackson was lively but nobody played particularly well.
    Second half was much better. Change of system helped but I think it was the change of personnel that helped more. Donacien was better on the right and plays well with Edwards. We could use 3-5-2 again but not with Spence on the pitch. Can't stand Gerken or Spence after that match though. Spence had no passion or drive to do his job. Gerken pissed me off with his out of bounds clearances and reluctance to come out to collect. 66 minutes, we're 1-0 down and he decides to take an age with a goal kick. When it finally comes it leaves the field on the left hand side just past the halfway line... complete waste.
    Ward reminded me why I don't rate him at all but surprised me second half. Don't think I'll see him play better than that too often though but credit on a decent perfomance. Pennington was the best in the back line again despite his early mistakes with back passes. Jackson was good. Harrison was not. Chalobah was poor but delivered a great ball for the goal.
    Hurst should stick with the 4-2-3-1 for now but needs to decide who is not performing properly within it.