1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brentford H predictions/ thoughts

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

So we're bottom.

H to v good Brentford, tough game.

As for guess the team - I think Edun will be the loanee to miss out.

That's right, we're back to Jewell leave a loanee out of the squad days. What an absolute disgrace that is. Sure, the club MAY have thought Donacien would get approved v quickly....... however public sector and do something quick. You cannot make it up!!! Edun's somehow gone from a bright spot to unused sub the last two games!!!

Gerken

Donacien will come back / Pennington / Chambers / Knudsen

Skuse Nolan

Edwards Graham

Walters supporting Jackson

Feel he'll go slightly more attacking - with the side starting to feel a little settled.......... Spence experiment should NEVER have happened people are saying Donacien was playing well................

I'm at quite a loss with a lot of Hurst so far but there we go, lets hope this game will be the one it clicks.

H so far D D D

A so far L L L L

I couldn't care less if we've been playing ' better ' football, we're bottom of the league and a soft touch right now.

Of course we're aesthetically going to play better football than the absolute rubbish from this point of view Mick served up - sides will be happy to give us the ball and let our midfield create absolutely zero for 90 minutes. But there we go.

Is that 11 good enough to win games?

Striker goal in the league total to date - ZERO. A big fat zero. Ohhhhh how they require a goal.

Defence clean sheet in the league total to date - ZERO.

Seven played, not a clean sheet and strikers scoring zero. Deary me.

Sod it, lets be positive and say 1-0 with a striker scoring and a cleansheet. No logic to it..........perhaps press Brentford high and they might not like it. Blackburn apparently did that very well and Brentford lost that, so sod it we have to win at some stage!?

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Where has our pressing gone?

First few games I could see what we were trying to do. Bart was throwing out from the back more than before, and quickly too. Gerken on the other hand released the ball slower today. We also looked like we were building from the back with the ball on the floor. Sure it made for some heart racing moments but it was a new style and something that I thought, hey, if we stick to this we'll get it right soon.

Today I couldn't see any coherent plan. A lot of punts forward, give the ball to Edwards/Graham and hope for the best or play it long to Walters on his own up top. None of it really worked and it was all a bit aimless like a bunch of people who had only just met.

Another loss against Brentford
    2-0

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Well, I have correctly predicted the result of the games I've predicted this season (just the last three).

So this time I'm going for 1-0 Town.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It's hard for them to score if they don't play consistently and in consistent roles, to be fair.

We are still none the wiser as to whether these guys can stick the ball in the net.

We will see whether Bart and Donacien are restored to the line up.

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I can't see beyond another defeat and the natives getting increasingly restless.

Westlake33 likes this.
  6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I still think our first win will come at Birmingham, when all the pressure will be on the opposing side.

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I cant imagine things getting worse, and can't remember the time when I glanced at the league and we were jauntily & grimly propping the whole rest up!

So lets try be positive, and predict a 1-0 home win, and the earlier form coming back with renewed confidence.

Bart must be back between the posts, as he from what I saw & heard, began several attacking moves from the back by good old fashioned throwing to someone's feet. Was it a playmaker even?!

Come on Town, give us poor Suffolk sods a smile.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

If we play like the first 40 minutes of Hull, then yes we will lose, but otherwise we need to remember this is the tightest elite division in the whole world. In any given game there is not much to choose between the teams at the top and the bottom.

If we show spirit and composure in a game we are expected to lose then we have seen much stranger things happen in football.

9. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I don’t think we will win this, 2-1 to a Brentford team that are a very well run club (unlike ours) and I think they’ll comfortably make the play offs this season. We’ve got to go for it though, and hopefully Hurst will drop Gerken, Spence, Chambers, Skuse, and Graham to bring in the likes of Bart, Donacien, Nsiala, Chalobah, and Rowe. I’d like to see him field a more attacking line up, either by providing more firepower with a second striker (worth a try) or by using Rowe in that troublesome left wing spot.

Agreed with San Diego that we really do have an absence of identity lately. All those early signs of more attractive football have been reversed. The likes of Spence, Chambers, and Knudsen in defence are going back to what they know under Mick and are hoofing it forwards rather than start an attack from the back. I’d argue Knudsen is too valuable to drop, but we really need a starting eleven shake-up. We’ve got the options to do this.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  10. Westlake33

No I'm sorry I disagree, Gerken HAS to keep the shirt for now.

While I agree with everyone that Bart is a better keeper, he's not been good this season ( unfortunately ) and Gerken has done zero wrong. Infact, many said he was our best player v Hull so that wouldn't be fair to drop him.

Apparently, word on TWTD is Bart was told, on the day of the game v Norwich, infront of all the senior players he's dropped. If true, that is shambolic management.

11. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Another defeat

12. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

That's not what I saw mate.
    I saw a keeper that was slow off his line, worried the hell out of me once an attack breached the back line and couldn't claim simple high balls from hopeful crosses.

Spence was terrible even though Brenner kept saying he thought he was having a good game <doh>

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Well Bart would have comfortably stopped the first goal vs Hull so this is a load of old nonsense.

Even top goalkeepers make mistakes but we still want our best one between the sticks.

14. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

We're nit picking over who's in goal but if we're not scoring it makes naff all difference.

15. Westlake33

What it’s all about, opinions!

16. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I've read somewhere that we've played 25 players already this season. 25 players! We need a settled starting eleven and to give them these next three games to impress. I'd argue we should be fielding a 4-3-3 style formation with the below players:

Bart

Donacien / Nsiala / Pennington / Knudsen

Nolan / Chalobah or Skuse / Edun (Huws when back)

Edwards / Harrison / Walters

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  17. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Thats a line-up I like Nuggets. But, just like Mick, he will keep Chambo, Skuse and even bring back Freddie!

18. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I don't care if the ball goes in the net off someones backside, we have to break this cycle of losing and drawing before its too late.
    I can remember when we were bottom of the old First Division or near enough and we went to a muck heap of a pitch at Burnden Park Bolton, we somehow managed 1 0 win and went on a long unbeaten run but then we had some quality in the team.
    For Christs sake Hurst sort it out or get out.

Westlake33 likes this.
  19. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

don't get to despondent... bottom 10 have 2 teams not won, 5 teams just won 1 and Norwich Hull QPR just2 THEIR 2nd ones WAS LAST GAME!
    definetly a tough one tonight they seem to be able grab good youngsters from lower divisions and "play them"... another draw would be good for you … a win v Brum a must …. looking at your OCTOBER FIXTURES ...gulp as bad as ours this month!

20. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I think we'll have yet another 1 - 1 home draw to keep our unbeaten home record in tact <cheers>

As for the line up. I think we'll see a couple of changes, but Gerken hasn't done enough wrong (yet) to be dropped so would go for this:

Gerken
    Donacien | Pennington | Chambo | Jonas
    Chalobah | Nolan | Skuse
    Walters | Jackson | Edwards