1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shouldn't there be an age after which it is illegal to fight. All done for money but is it good for their well being?

2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Bernard Hopkins won his last championship fight, the WBA Super World Light Heavyweight Title, at age 49.

In 1994, George Foreman at age 45, starched the then reigning WBA & IBF Heavyweight champion Michael Moorer. The champ a 1-3 favourite wanted to mix it with Big George and was in front on all three judges cards when the fight came to a sudden end in the 10th round. Foreman decked Moorer with a pile driving right hand that brought raptures to the crowd. It was a very popular win. :biggrin:

3. Cyclonic

Dillian Whyte's thoughts on this weekend's Povetkin fight.

“He is a very experienced guy, top of the tree for 15 years, a former Olympic gold medallist and world champion."

"For me? I’m straight maximum violence. I respect him and that’s why I trained so hard. I take him seriously. He is very dangerous and he knows that, if he beats me, his whole life and career is rejuvenated."

“I’m coming to cause chaos and violence in the ring.”

4. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Both drug cheats so neither should be in the ring but seeing as they are I hope Povetkin mullers him. Really can't stand Whyte

5. Cyclonic

To be honest Smoke, I'm a bit of a Whyte fan. He's far from being A class, but I think he'll be a bit too much for the old man. Povetkin in his prime was I think, a much better fighter, but I'm not so sure he's up to it now. He'll put on a show though.

6. smokethedeadbadger

I don't really rate Whyte as a boxer. I don't think he's very talented. Tough with a good left hook. I like him even less as a person. Utter bell end. He probably is getting Povetkin at the right time and will keep his mandatory status. I can't see Fury fighting him though doesn't offer Fury any value. Won't further his career or reputation and he won't see it as a challenge either.

Cyclonic likes this.
  7. Cyclonic

This presser indicates that we might have another entertaining fight on the Whyte - Povetkin under card. An old American heavyweight name Shawndell Winters fights a Croatian bloke named Alen Babic. The latter is helping Whyte prepare for his bout. Winters has the better record, but Babic seems like he's up for the fight. In the clip below, the words "cab driver" were made good use of. It'll probably be a fight low on quality, but might be filled with a bit of good old fashioned aggression. <laugh>

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  8. Cyclonic

Whyte - Povetkin presser.

9. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Love Dillian. A refreshing change from a 'neatly packaged, consumer friendly ' Joshua.

He should beat Povetkin, as Povetkin has been bang average his entire career.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  10. Cyclonic

Alen Babic chats about his "chat" with Shawndell Winters.

11. Cyclonic

Whyte 18 stone 6, down 13 pounds on the Wach fight.

Povetkin 16 stone, down 5 pounds on the Hunter fight.

12. Cyclonic

Boxing betting.

2-7. Whyte.
    10-3. Povetkin.

1-3. Katie Taylor.
    7-1. Delfine Persoon.

4-11. Alen Bacic.
    12-5. Shawndell Winters.

13. smokethedeadbadger

Hopefully now with Whyte being put away that's one less ****e fighter staking a claim to the heavyweight title. The division really is piss poor.

14. Dancingbraveforever

You are way too harsh on Whyte mate. He boxed beautifully until he got caught.

Yes we know the division isnt stacked with elite fighters. But to have someone who was basically outclassed for 12 minutes as a leading contender instead of Whyte is a bad thing for the game.

For 12 minutes Whyte looked very very good ,albeit against a poor boxer.

If you are going to criticise anyone/anything, it should be that diabolical embarrssment of a match the fight before Whyte.

15. Cyclonic

I like Whyte, but am really happy about Sasha's win. The man is a true gentleman. I was impressed by the way he wanted to touch gloves before each round, and his after fight interview was all class. <applause>

P.S. The biased commentary can only be described, at best, as cringe worthy.

16. smokethedeadbadger

I might be being too harsh but I really don't like or rate Whyte so I'm glad to see him lose. Might humble him and keep him quiet for a while at least.

17. Cyclonic

I've just had another look at the fight. Povetkin was blowing hard on his stool at the end of the third, he was air sucking like crazy. Dropped twice in the fourth, then in the fifth, unleashed that lightning from the bottle when he most needed it. He has a mighty left hook which he used quite a lot on Whyte's body, and it was that same dynamic left hand that tore up through Whyte's defence and smashed him under the chin. Dillian was gone before he hit the canvas. His eyes rolled back as he crashed to the deck.

In the contracted rematch, will they push Whyte's weight up again, and will Povetkin be able to gain enough extra fitness to see off Whyte for the second time?

I should imagine that Whyte will start favourite in fight 2.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  18. Dancingbraveforever

Minor adjustments Cyc. Povetkin was ****ed after a body shot in round 2. Dillian was simply a class above him and will deal with him accordingly.

Cyclonic likes this.
  19. Cyclonic

WBC boss Mauricio Sulaiman has stated that Povetkin hasn't earned the right to inherit the same timetable Whyte held before his loss. Where Whyte was to be the first cab off the rank against the winner of the Fury - Wilder clash, Povetkin will have to wait. Sulaiman has said if Fury gets over Wilder, he's free to jump straight into the Joshua bout if it can be arranged.

So even if Whyte earns back the mandatory status by beating Povetkin in the rematch, he'll be placed on the back burner once again.

And Povetkin's people are saying that their man will likely face Whyte in the rematch, but they are also chatting with Usyk's folk.

It's all getting rather interesting me thinks.

20. Cyclonic

Since it's inception in 1963, the WBC has recognised 25 Heavyweight World Champions.

The top 10 rated by the WBC.

1. Muhammad Ali (US)
    2. Mike Tyson (US)
    3. Lennox Lewis (GB)
    4. Larry Holmes (US)
    5. Evander Holyfield (US)
    6. George Foreman (US)
    7. Joe Frazier (US)
    8. Vitaly Klitschko (Ukraine)
    9. Sonny Liston (US)
    10. Ken Norton (US)

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2020/08/26/mike-tyson-lennox-lewis-wbc-list/