1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

According to some Canelo will be fighting Ryoto Murata in may.

Canelo is getting a Mayweather type rep of avoiding the top fighters in their prime and settling for the easy paydays.
    If he's not careful he will be remembered for all of the wrong reasons.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  2. Dancingbraveforever

Oh and Canelo, I know you are an avid reader of this forum and in particular Cyclonic and Smokey's comments.
    I re-watched the documentary on the big 4 of the middleweight era in the 80's.

You might want to have a watch of this yourself and the legends that will be revered forever.

Cyclonic and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Andy Warhol's portrait of Muhammad Ali goes on sale at Christie's Post War and Contemporary Art Evening Auction on February 20. They expect 3-5 million pounds.

please log in to view this image

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't understand why anyone's paintings can be worth so much. I mean, it looks as though something has been spilt on it, and smudged

5. Cyclonic

How about the Leonardo da Vinci painting Salvator Mundi fetching $450 million in 2017? In the 50s the painting was thought to be a copy and was sold for less than $60.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<yikes>

7. Dancingbraveforever

And they still aren't 100% sure it's an original. Which is just as well as it's probably being stored in a vault belonging to a oil rich Arab.

Cyclonic likes this.
  8. Cyclonic

Two of the dead set legends of the sport.

9. Cyclonic

Eddie Hearn said that his heavyweights have been sorted. Full details will be released in the next couple of weeks. But as things stand it'll be Usky - Chisora in April, Whyte - Povetkin in May and Joshua - Pulev in June.

10. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Uysk, Povetkin, Joshua. Those who I'd like to win and think will win.

11. Dancingbraveforever

Only Usyk against Del boy is the only one of interest to me. Personally i think Del boys rampaging/wild animal style will be perfect for a boxing masterclass by Usyk. I see Derek being pulled out by the 8th or 9th.

The other match ups are pretty lame esp the Joshua fight.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  12. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Now a heavyweight fight that i am more interested in than all of the above has finally been confirmed. Unbeaten British heavyweights Daniel Dubois and Joy Joyce will finally meet in the ring on the 11th April. Very intriguing contest.

Cyclonic likes this.
  13. Dancingbraveforever

I predict a catastrophic knockout of the rockem sockem robot that is Joe Joyce.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  14. Cyclonic

I don't know about these two, they're both pretty crude.

Books have Dubois a very warm favourite.

1-4 Dubois.

11-4 Joyce.

15. Dancingbraveforever

One is a young lion with big power. One is 34 and moves like Godzilla with a Zimmer frame.
    Joe Joyce could throw a punch now and it would probably get there a day after the fight. Yes, Mr Joyce does not impress me in any way

Cyclonic likes this.
  16. Cyclonic

And speaking of the Dubois - Joyce fight, here's their first face off. At the end, Joyce invades Dubois's personal space. The two sparred when Dubois was a teenager, so I suppose Joyce was playing mind games when they fronted each other yesterday.

17. Cyclonic

More on the politics of boxing. Sometimes it lends itself to farcical situations. The WBO Light Heavyweight Title is now vacant thanks to Canelo Alvarez handing in the Championship he took from Sergey Kovalev last November. In order to fill the void, the WBO have ordered two fights with the respective winners to face each other for the full Title. Gilberto Ramirez is to meet Eleider Alvarez and Umar Salamov has been ordered to fight Maxim Vlasov.

The word is that Gilberto Ramirez might not make it to the starting gate against Eleider Alvarez, so someone else will need to take his place.That man looks as though it might be Anthony Yarde. But Anthony Yarde and his team had a problem. One of the WBO rules says that a newly beaten title challenger can't contest an elimination bout, and Yarde had just been defeated by Kovalev. (Kovelev has since lost the title to Canelo.)

So Yarde needed a quick, easy win. This is where politics can plunge the sport of boxing to depths that equate to little more than complete and utter bullshit. A couple of days ago Frank Warren pitched Anthony Yarde into the ring to fulfill his WBO obligations. Fight and win. No chances were takes. The fight took place in what looked like a gym, against a gent named Diego Jair Ramirez who entered the 6 round fight with a record of 4-49-3. 3 of those wins were against men making their debut and the other against a man with a record of 2-3-0.

What a sad state of affairs.

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  18. Cyclonic

Here's something else that's been lighting up Twitter of late. Talk of a fixed fight. Some say yes, others no. It involved the Dave Allen - Dorian Darch bout last weekend. It's claimed that 3 minutes before the first bell, Allen in the 3rd was suspended by Sky Bet. Comments are also suggesting Betfair was hit for Allen in 3. From what I gather, matched betting for the 3rd dropped into odds on, 1-2.

Of course rumours are just that .... rumours. I don't think anyone of authority has mentioned foul play.

This is the only film I could find. A soft finish?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  19. Dancingbraveforever

I would normally be quite vocal about this kind of thing.But sadly this kind of crap is all too common these days. So im saying nothing amd sighing quite loudly to myself.

Cyclonic likes this.
  20. Cyclonic

10 days to go. :emoticon-0146-punch

11-10 Wilder.
    10-11 Fury.
    22-1 Draw.