1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Looked like that, I'm hoping it's just ring rust. He's beaten Canelo twice for me so would be a shame if he went for number 3 and got mullered.

2. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate to agree with you on this as GGG is my favourite fighter!

He looks too slow these days and his best days are far behind him. Thankfully he still has a chin made of adamantium and crushing power. So all is not lost I suppos.

smokethedeadbadger and Cyclonic like this.
  3. Dancingbraveforever

One thing I must say in regards to him taking punches. I actually think he is one of those very rare individuals like Marvin Hagler that actually thrives on taking punches.

I would even go as far to say that sometimes he puts his chin out on purpose to get tagged. I think it must be keep him motivated and interested.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  4. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Deleted post, wrong thread.

5. smokethedeadbadger

I wholeheartedly agree with this post if you watch his fights he gets better when he gets tagged but rarely, if ever gets hurt.

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  6. Dancingbraveforever

Ive never ever seen him hurt if I'm brutally honest.

7. smokethedeadbadger

Neither have I that I can remember but couldn't be 100% sure so edged my bets by putting the word 'rarely' in my post.

Cyclonic likes this.
  8. Dancingbraveforever

He took a shot in the first fight from Canelo that I'm 99% sure would have levelled virtually everybody. GGG just took it, stepped one pace back, had a wild look in this eyes then and fired into Canelo.

Cyclonic and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  9. smokethedeadbadger

If the 3rd fight happens then GGG will have to knock Canelo out somehow because if it goes to the cards then there's no way Canelo will drop a decision

Cyclonic and Dancingbraveforever like this.
  10. Dancingbraveforever

In truth there shouldn't be a third fight.GGG won the first two I'm my opinion.

But if there is, I can see Canelo being too clever and fleet of foot. I really really hope I'm wrong!

GGG needs to absolutely rip into Canelo's body. Incredibly something he didn't do at all in the previous fights. If he does do that I can see him opening him up for a KO.

Cyclonic and smokethedeadbadger like this.

11. Cyclonic

By the looks of things, Golden Boy and or Canelo are not about to fight GGG anytime soon.

According to TNZ, De La Hoya has stated. "We'll make him wait. We'll see. He's the B fighter now. Canelo's the A fighter."

In the next week, the Golden Boy team will make a decision on who Canelo's next opponent will be, but GGG doesn't seem to fit the bill. The two favourites appear to be, WBO Middleweight Champion Demetrius Andrade and WBA Super Middleweight Champion Callum Smith.

12. smokethedeadbadger

Andrade Vs Canelo would be a terrible fight. I like Andrade he's a very skilled fighter but this would be such a defensive fight i just can't imagine it having much flow and excitement to it.

Dancingbraveforever and Cyclonic like this.
  13. Cyclonic

And next week it's the Tyson Fury - Tom Schwarz show.

1-33. Fury.
    16-1. Schwarz.

14. Dancingbraveforever

Every fight for Canelo from now on is going to be cherry picked for the least amount of danger. GGG is perceived as too dangerous for the cash cow.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

16. Cyclonic

It's also worth remembering that the last thing Arum wants is to see the titles back with Matchroom. Al Haymon's PBC now has them all and the only possible outsider with a chance of getting a shot at them is Tyson Fury who's tied to Bob Arum. As Hearn's Matchroom and PBC are at loggerheads over the failed Joshua - Wilder fight and a second Fury - Wilder bout is still being talked about, I think Bob might be sucking wind.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that if Bob was on the receiving end, he'd be first in line demanding the return clash. Those heavyweight belts are worth a fortune. And as much as promoters talk about how much they want to protect fighters, they are little more than meat to the money men.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  17. Cyclonic

It could be the biggest load of bullshit, but Tyson Fury has said that he's received the hot mumble stating that the WBO might pull the rug from under Andy Ruiz this week. He's saying that even if this bout with Tom Schwarz isn't for the WBO belt, it could be still be for the mandatory position.

18. smokethedeadbadger

I heard straight after the Joshua/Ruiz fight that the IBF were looking to enforce a mandatory or strip Ruiz.

Cyclonic likes this.
  19. Cyclonic

On August 14,2015, Marco Huck making the 14th defence of WBO Cruiserweight Title, fought Krzysztof Glowacki. It wasn't a bad brawl.

20. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

I do think it’s high risk for Joshua to go straight back in with Ruiz.

If he gets knocked out again then the rebuild job becomes huge.

I’m fairly certain that Joshua just wasn’t himself in there that night. The first two rounds he was pawing away with the he jab, and looked very confused. He threw a great right uppercut left hook combo in the 3rd and then got very careless and wreck less in going for the KO. you don’t hook with a hooker!

Watch the fight on YouTube -Watch the ringwalk. Watch the preliminaries and introductions. Watch where he’s asking for advice from the end of R1. That kid was dazed and should never have been in the ring. I doubt we will ever get the truth.