1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I couldn't agree more Shergy, he was bloody awful. As mentioned above, Eubank was pretty much clueless. I have to say though, I don't thing Groves was much chop either. He clearly out boxed Eubank and well and truly deserved the win, but I think Eubank's ineptitude made Groves look better than he is.

If the air could have taken punishment, it would have ended up in a hospital bed.

2. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear a Eubank Vs De Gale fight been talked about. Both need to re build both will want another crack at the top table so we'll see.

Cyclonic likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

Danny Garcia v Brandon Rios, fought today in Las Vegas. The film jumps about a bit, but the fight made up for it.

4. Cyclonic

On the Garcia - Rios under card. A welterweight bout featuring Cuban Olympic medalist Yordenis Ugas and Ray Robinson. An entertaining fight.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't get the ko but won easily enough

Cyclonic likes this.
  6. Cyclonic

As we all know, it's the big bangers of the sport who get the most media attention, and as a result become the be all and end all to the general public. There are a damn sight more people out there who know of the exploits of someone like Anthony Joshua than a person like Juan Francisco Estrada or for that matter, Wasaksil Wangek. Yet both of these men are serious fighters. The latter, Thai, Wangek, after beating the wonderful Roman Gonzales on points, administered a cruel beating to Chocolatito when they met for the second time. Admittedly, the legendary champion was a light of other days, but the improvement in Wangek between those back to back fights was amazing.

This Saturday in the USA, Wangek, aka Srisaket Sor Rungvisai Nakornl, will defend his WBC World Super Flyweight Title against Mexico's Juan Francisco Estrada, a former WBA and WBO unified champion at Flyweight. Estrada was forced to give up those belts due to a serious hand injury that kept him out of the ring for over a year. All of his previous title fights have been at Fly, this time he steps up a division to challenge for Wangek's belt. The odd thing about this is that even though the challenger is moving up in weight, he's taller and has a longer reach that the champion who's fought almost all his career at Super Fly. But the champ has heavy hands. 82% of his wins have come by stoppage, something that few at the elite level in the low weights can match. Estrada has a great chin though. He's never been stopped. Should be a barn burner ... I hope.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  7. Cyclonic

I think I'm becoming a believer. Below is a pic of Tyson Fury at the Groves - Eubank fight. He looks pretty decent and has hinted that something is to be announced in the next few days. He stated. "I'm 18 stone 10 solid. I'm back!"

At the fight.
    please log in to view this image

beeforsalmon likes this.
  8. Cyclonic

I don't think there's another boxer in the world at the moment who can match the record of Donnie "Snake" Nietes. The great Philippine fighter has gone unbeaten in 18 world title fights, since winning the WBO Minnimumweight belt in 2007. He's a three weight titlist who's undefeated reign as a champion has surpassed all other Philippine fighters ... including Pacquiao. Today he fought the former Flyweight Champion Juan Carlos Reveco, the winner of 14 title fights.

9. Cyclonic

The main event on the program was the much anticipated clash between the WBC Super Flyweight Champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and former unified Flyweight Champion Juan Francisco Estrada. Rungvisai came in off the back of the pounding he gave Roman Gonzales, while Estrada took a points win over Carlos Caudras.

I just wish someone would stick a sock in Max Kellerman's gob.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Ron likes this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2018-2-25_22-21-46.png

11. Cyclonic

Daniel Dubois v D. L. Jones.

12. Cyclonic

Brown and Whyte .... wholesome breads or something?

13. Cyclonic

Teddy Atlas makes some sense, but is it enough to bring Wilder undone? The more I think about this Wilder - Ortiz fight, the more excited I am about it.

Wilder is 4-11 and Ortiz 54-19. I still think Wilder will be too good though.

14. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I think Wilder might take a bit of time to figure Ortiz out and be a bit weary of his power but then i think he blasts through him. I don't anticipate any difficulties and think it'll be a fairly easy night for Wilder.

Cyclonic likes this.
  15. Cyclonic

16. Cyclonic

The wonderful Shinsuke Yamanaka's career looks as though it's coming to an end in the not too distant future. He reigned for 6 years as the WBC Bantamweight Champion of the world until he ran into the Mexican Luis Nery last August, where he was put away in 4 rounds. The sad thing about Yamanaka's loss, was that Nery tested positive to a banned substance pre fight. He claimed he was a heavy meat eater who'd eaten contaminated food. The WBC couldn't disprove the claim and gave him a free pass. Pretty ****ty.

Anyways, the WBC, as a consolation, mandated an immediate rematch for Yamanaka. That fight took place tonight in Japan. But again Nery was the fly in the ointment. He twice failed the weigh in, so the WBC stripped him of his title and the fight became for the vacant belt, which only Yamanaka could win. I don't know what the re-hydrated fight weights were, but you can bet Nery well and truly out weighed Yamanaka. Boxing forums have been in a rush to nominate Nery as boxing's biggest turd. Gotta feel sorry for the aging Yamanaka. He deserved better.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  17. Cyclonic

Wilder - Ortiz face off. It's all a bit off putting.

18. Cyclonic

Interesting stuff going on with Wilder's weight. When he took the title from Steverne he came in at 219 pounds, at his first defence he weighed 229. But since then, he's steadily stripped weight with each fight. He's taken a big drop for the Ortiz bout. This is his lightest since 2009. Now more then ever, he seems to mean business. This is a fight he didn't need to take and from what I've read, he chased the bout. Gotta give him credit.

219 Stiverne.
    229 Molina.
    228 Duhaupas.
    228 Szpilka.
    226 Arreola.
    222 Washington.
    220 Stiverne.
    214 Ortiz.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Ron likes this.
  19. Cyclonic