1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think hes the biggest bell end in the sport with the stuff he says and other times I see interviews and think he talks a lot of sense and seems pretty grounded and normal. The one thing that I never change my mind about is that I just don't rate him as a boxer and to this day say the Klitschko fight was a one off, I won't say fluke coz he executed a game plan very well. And the thing now is we'll never know if it was or not. Even if he comes back and fights again he's had over two years out so anyone who beats him will get no credit because they'll say he wasn't in his prime or wasn't the same fighter. And if he somehow comes back after so long out and cleans up the division then surely that just makes a mockery out of the revitalised heavyweight division that he injected life back into

2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

If he does come back and beat them all, then either he's the real deal, or we've been living a lie. Are the heavyweights of today really all that good? How would an inform Lennox Lewis fare against Joshua and Wilder? Would the Klitschko brothers in their prime have done them both? I guess we'll never know. It's all about perspective I suppose. Wilder really hasn't fought anyone, and Joshua grabbed Klitschko, the only decent fighter he's fought, at 40. Fury is about as ugly as you can get in the ring, but the man knows his business. I'd give him a real chance of spoiling both Joshua and Wilder, as he did Klitschko. But then again I've been know to back a heap of losers. :)

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just watched the Bruno/Lewis fight. What a wonderful performance from Bruno, until he got caught.

Cyclonic likes this.
  4. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

5. smokethedeadbadger

Any idea who the name is who hes talking about pal?

6. Ardent1965

I will be there to see Lee in action 3rd March ..a great nights boxing SSC Hydro Glasgow 13000 capacity. I reckon Josh T will fill it. Lee will have a big support from Edinburgh.

7. smokethedeadbadger

Comes across as a nice lad, no arrogance about him but confident, i like that.

8. Ardent1965

No mate they wont divulge...

9. smokethedeadbadger

Interesting he's up to an 8 rounder in only his 3rd fight. He said 'coming over' in his interview so looks like an overseas fighter. Depends on how big a step up they're giving him but if hes saying he's willing to fight anyone within reason at his weight then maybe it'll be an ex commonwealth or European champion they'll chuck him in with

10. Cyclonic

David Price has stated that he and Alexander Povetkin are to meet on the Joshua - Parker under card. Can Big Dave turn the corner or will Povetkin do a number on him?

11. Cyclonic

Errol "The Truth" Spence, the man who took Kell Brook's IBF Title last May, climbs into the ring today for the first defence of that strap. The man he fights is 2 time world champion Lamont Peterson. Spence is a hot favourite and should win, but it should be an ok fight. Spence 1-16, Peterson 13-1.

Tomorrow, the human bean pole Robert Easter will start a big favourite when he defends his IBF Lightweight Title against Javier Fortuna. Easter is an interesting fighter. He's all arms and legs.

12. Cyclonic

Today, Errol Spence, the man who took Kell Brook's IBF Welterweight Title last May, defended the belt for the first time. His opponent was the former two weight world champion Lamont Peterson.

13. smokethedeadbadger

It was always going to end one way. Peterson was never going to be good enough

Cyclonic likes this.
  14. Cyclonic

There's a massive fight coming up next Saturday in Latvia. The first of the World Boxing Super Series Semi Finals will see the brilliant Oleksandr Usyk of the Ukraine take on the No1 seed Mairis Briedis from Latvia. Briedis is the WBC Cruiserweight Champion and Usyk holds the WBO belt. Both men are undefeated with Usyk winning 13 (11 kos) and Briedis 23 (18 kos). Usyk is one of those Olympic Champs who's taken a pro world title very early on in his career. He took the belt in his 10th fight. I'm a huge Lomachenko fan, but really love watching Usyk, he's a beast and and an entertainer to boot. The man is a future superstar. By the time this series is over, he's expected to hold all 4 cruiserweight belts.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see what you mean Cyc. Has he been fighting no hopers? I noticed in one of those, the opponent had won a few rounds. Any idea who he'd beaten?

16. Cyclonic

The man he took the title from was Glowacki who wasn't a bad champion. One of his defences before he was flogged by Usyk, was against Marco Huck. Huck held the WBO title for 13 fights. In that run, he also stepped up to heavyweight and fought Povetkin. He lost a split decision for Povetkin's WBA Heavyweight Title.

Usyk has just had the 13 fights, but last time out he handed Huck his head on a plate. He'll have to be good to win the super series though Ron. Briedis is the WBC Champ. If he beats Briedis, he'll have to face the winner of the second semi, a clash between WBA Champ Yunier Dorticos 22-0-0, 21 kos and IBF Champ and Murat Gassiev 25-0-0, 18kos. All four semi finalists are reigning champions and none have ever been beaten. It's a fantastic concept. So if Usyk can roll through this field of frightening combatants, he'll stamp himself as someone special. I know it's a bit out there, but there some actually mentioning a possible clash with Joshua in the future.

Ron likes this.
  17. Cyclonic

Andre Ward has been dropping some interesting tweets.

"Weighed in last night at 199 lbs. All muscle I promise!! I been working," Ward stated.

"We're working on something special."

He's told Jim Lampley that the one fight he'd be interested in would be against Anthony Joshua.

please log in to view this image

18. smokethedeadbadger

I hope he comes back love Andre Ward. Class fighter, class man

beeforsalmon and Cyclonic like this.
  19. Ardent1965

20. theinconvenienttruth4

theinconvenienttruth4 Active Member

No one is beating The Cat. He puts on a clinic tomorrow getting his man out of there in the 10th or 11th. Gassiev will be a tougher task in the final but he wins it 9 rounds to 3. Then he's coming for that Juice Ed from Watford. The clock is ticking.