1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Booked and off.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No, not a City player.

Couldn't get away for a break so far this year for obvious reasons - had to cancel bookings I'd made for the Spring and again for June.

Paid for the Spring break down in Dartmouth 10 weeks before departure and then the lockdown began. Still waiting for my money back from them after they tried to palm me off (and others) with an E-voucher against a future break. The OFT got involved and they agreed a refund - still waiting though a month later.

As for the June break I've had a result. The company agreed to set the original fortnight back to start on 4th July to comply with Boris (Drakeford :emoticon-0173-middl) and we'll be off to England and the New Forest on Saturday. :1980_boogie_down:

Got my favourite bolthole in Brockenhurst again and have already loaded the boxes of Peroni (under the floor of the X5 <whistle>) because it's no cheaper down there even without the minimum Welsh 50p per unit crap imposition up here.

Now all this may seem irrelevant but you must remember that we're playing Wurzel City that day and it's live on Sky. Two things spring to mind.

1. Can I get the 4 dogs into gear and into the car early enough to hit the road and get down there before KO?

2. With no Sky in the cottage, when I get there will the wifi be up and running for me to log into Sky Go and watch it on my laptop?

By Jove - these are worrying times for a City supporter leaving the security and certainty of his own home for the unknown.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Ill be heading the other way. Firstly to S Wales for the 10th, unfortunately for a funeral, as my father-in-law has died.
    Then on 18th for my annual week in Rhayader, though the Royal Welsh is cancelled.
    Happy about the second trip, but would rather not be having to make the first.

Im sure if you feed and walk the first 2 early sparkey the other 2 will have time to get ready (hope I'm getting the reference right<laugh>).

Oldsparkey likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

We're escaping Dickhead Drakeford and his Severn Bridge travel police on Friday - don't think he is tolerating blockade busters until next Monday. Also heading down south to Poole.

Our daughter who lives there recently announced she is expecting her first child and her mother in law is travelling from Hertfordshire to celebrate her 60th so big family parties planned with dinner at Rick Stein's on Sandbanks Sunday night. I've warned Visa to expect a heavy bill.

Coming back Monday or Tuesday but going there again on 20th for 2 weeks. It will be pi$$ing down then. It usually does.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Spot on remote.......<laugh>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

As long as it doesn't piss down for the 2 weeks before that, I'll be happy.

Coming back from the same area on the 17th so it can do what it wants after that.........<laugh>

6. BluefromBridgend

Cheers MATE!!!!

In the absence of Parkrun, been running around Newton the last 2 Saturday mornings. Didn't see anyone looking like a Sparkey though.

7. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

We can but imagine what a Sparkey looks like! I remember the three biddies in the snug of The Rovers Return....Ena, Martha and hmmmmm.....fug! :emoticon-0103-cool:

8. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Minnie! :emoticon-0103-cool:

9. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Has Corrie caught up with lockdown yet?

10. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

hopefully not :emoticon-0119-puke:

11. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

We head for Bodensee on 24th (Lake Constance to you lot- on the Swiss border) then on to Garda lake for sailing/windsurfing (not me!!!) and boarding. Might also slip in a week in Bordeaux since a mate has invited. Sad to be missing out on a bit of UK though!!!! Have a good break guys and keep safe.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Furter - enjoy yourself whilst you can. <ok>

Furter - stayed in Bregenz on Lake Constance many moons ago, but that was definitely when I was in Austria. Also spent a couple of nights in Constance itself on the lake crossing point which is an odd place. It's officially German but in reality it's on the Swiss side of the lake so it's really in Switzerland - those krauts will claim anything........<laugh>

Wasn't particularly impressed by the town (city?) of Constance at the time about 25 years ago - bloody mosquitos everywhere.

(disclaimer - I know absolutely nothing about the history of all this)

13. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

We booked 2 holidays in June, a week in North Wales, home for a week then a week in Cornwall both called off. Same as you Sparks been waiting for our refund for 5 weeks.

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Funilly enough Dai, just had an email this morning from the company to say my refund has been approved and will be with me with 7 working days.

They didn't answer the phone for weeks with the recorded message saying the staff were working from home and very busy <steam> when I was trying to sort it out two months back, so I whacked off an email to their head office.

Got a phone call back within 24 hours and the refund was agreed there and then. That was on 2nd June (I've got it logged) and only today I've had the nod that it's on its way. I await with bated breath.

15. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Went for a holiday in France and stayed for 19 years,just saying.<bubbly>

16. BluefromBridgend

City break to Porto on 17th March, flight correctly cancelled on 16th by Easyjet.

I know the travel company we booked with, Teletext Holidays, have been refunded both hotel and flight costs. However the robbing barstewards are insisting we accept a protected credit note towards another holiday booked through them.

They are completely ignoring UK law, Package Travel - Linked Arrangements Regulations which state a refund must be made without undue delay and no later than 14 days after the package travel contract is terminated. It is now 3 1/2 months later.

I have refused the credit note and demanded a full refund in line with the above regulations. They have ignored this so I will be taking them to court. At the same time I have made a charge back claim on my credit card company.

The moral of this story guys, never, ever, at any time use Teletext Holidays to make holiday bookings.

I know there are thousands of people in the same situation as me. I will not be surprised if Teletext go bust soon. That will work for me as I can then make a Section 75 claim on my card company.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Don't like that at all Bluey - they should fully refund all prepaid monies due to the "no fault" situation.

I pushed and pushed Vacation Rentals who in all honesty have been excellent with me over the years over our cancelled break down in Dartmouth back in April. Their cottages.com arm are always brilliant to be fair to them and have never had a problem with anything before.

At first I was told I could forward book the same property at the same rates for the same dates in 2021 - but that means they would have kept my money for a year.

Then they offered an E-voucher so I could use it on another booking of my choice, but again we didn't know when we could go at the time and again they would retain my money. I then asked them if I could use the money to settle the balance for another cottage break I'd already booked up in Buckinghamshire for September. No way they said, the E-voucher could not be used to settle any previously booked break, only when making a brand new booking.

At this point I lost it. That was the end for me and I started to complain elsewhere and told them as much.

They got back in touch and said they would now accept the voucher to settle the pre-booked break I'd mentioned. I insisted upon a refund because at that time we hadn't come out of lockdown and there was no guarantee that even that could go ahead.

They then rang me back on June 2nd to say they would refund my cancelled break in full - but it could take 30 days+. I accepted that offer and as I said earlier I had the confirmation email this morning that it had been authorised.

Blow me, I've just looked at my card account and the cash has been credited back in there this afternoon. It pays to grind the barstewards down if you've got the stamina. <ok>

18. BluefromBridgend

I'm grinding away Sparks but not in a good way. <yikes>

As well as 20+ e-mails to Teletext I have written hard copy to their registered office - no surprise, no reply.

As for calling them you get someone called George, Charles or Florence from Hyderabad ffs.

I won't let it go and will take them to Small Claims Court if they don't pay up or my card company doesn't play ball. Once I get judgement I could send in the bailiffs if there is anything worth taking in their offices.

From what I have seen in TV, in the press and social media the Competition and Markets Authority and Trading Standards Authority are also on their case so it could get very messy for them in the near future.

They are an absolute bunch of sh1theads and I hope they get their dues soon.

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Was there a towel on it.:emoticon-0114-dull:

As for refunds, a salmon fishing forum I visit is full of tales of non-redunded deposits on fishing and accommodation.
    Some offering roll over or refunds, others refunding accomodation but not fishing rents, others offering nothing.
    Some out of pocket £000s.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  20. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

We done that too Sparks, got a phone call and they said refund will be with you in 5-7 working days it's 35 working days so far.
    Looks like we are talking about the same provider. starts with Ho and ends with seasons.