1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blueturk the cat

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 4, 2019.

1. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

i did try but its a needle in haystack stuff>>>>>>i did find little boy blue though and 2 my shock i caught him blowing his horn....dirty little boy......wasn't even wearing socks

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Look aber pal - it was nothing to do with free speech.

Not sure if sheep shagging is illegal unless you're an animal rights activist, but what he accused them of certainly was. There was no need for him to go down that road and persist with it. He was pulled up about it, his posts were initially edited and then deleted but he wouldn't let go eventually involving me.

He was banned from that forum rather than just warned despite my efforts and that was as far as it should have gone.

What happened subsequently could well have been as a result of reported complaints to the Super Mods but I have no certain knowledge of that. Suffice to say he was then given a forum-wide ban and that's when I took the flak in criticising that action and got it in the neck from on high for my efforts.

I got banned from that board for my rant at the Supers - one in particular who realy pissed me off. I'm allowed back on there now and have since explained my point of view on it but have had no feedback.

It seems to have calmed down a bit now and the only one who is suffering is Turk - hence my offer to request his reinstatement. This thread was to inform him. I didn't intend it to be an open discussion about forum moderation and would much prefer it not to be.

Opinions are like arseholes - we've all got one, but sometimes it needs to be allowed to drop in the interests of everyone..

Jay-Rede likes this.
  3. aberdude

well ive read it now and don't see the issue>>>>>>>>>like really>>>>>pathetic...................sticks and fking stones nothing more

4. aberdude

as a forum surely open discussion is its life blood and when it comes 2 banning members then surely that should be discussed and not brushed under the carpet............hence the reason not just myself has commented, what i read was tit for tat yes it wasn't nice what he said but come on surely the leeds fans can man up ffs

OTT

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Mixing my metaphors Sparkey, but this is 20-20 hindsight, after the horse has bolted.

You should have closed the thread as soon as you posted it.<doh>

Oldsparkey likes this.
  6. aberdude

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That's a very decent shout remote, but then I'm not a mod who needs to mod all the time - cue the "Vicar".....<laugh> :emoticon-0105-wink:

There is nothing wrong with opinions being expressed about it and closing the thread would only prevent the free speech that aber is supporting on here.

Seems lke I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one - sometimes I wish I hadn't got involved in the first place but what are you supposed to do when a member asks for help?

8. aberdude

depends if you believe in true freedom of speech........as in the definition.................i do and i expect it 2 be encouraged not cherry picked.

anyway ive had my say and hopefully it will have been taken into consideration...........i thank you sparkey for your patience ;)

9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Thank you Aber pal for your pursuance in this matter, keep this forum lively! I visit other forums and it is dead, no interest in fug all! Your comments keep this particular forum interesting INMO!! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party><party><party>Aber, fourth in line to be king!

Mind you, John Hughes was interesting too! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No probs aber - I usually have a fair bit of patience pal, but then I don't make the rules up on here otherwise I wouldn't have needed to post this thread in the first place. <ok>

11. aberdude

masky with me being from Aberdare im 2 nosey not 2 get involved......but yeah political correctness is not my thing that's a Zionist agenda>>>>>an agenda the regular so called normal people kinda like the taste of and lap it up giving up freedoms left right and centre in the process>>>>>>>>like i say once they are gone you will never get them back and i for one don't wanna be part of the generation that gave them away.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  12. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Sparky if anyone needs banning its the Leeds forum moderator. I really hope he hasnt going crying to you after a post of his recently on that board.

Dont know what Turks done or whether he deserves a ban but he needs to look at himself with his so called humour.

13. aberdude

im the lizard king>>>>>and i got a foil hat crown <laugh>

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

What post is that Hilts? PM me if you want.

15. aberdude

Was on the karma thread <laugh>

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Sorry guys - I must be a bit thick here - what forum are we even talking about for this Leed's mod's comment?

Signing off for tonight - will look in in the morning. <ok>

17. aberdude

I haven’t a clue dude but it would be interesting seeing if it amounts to an incredible piece of hypocrisy by the mods again

18. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

How do u pm<laugh>

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

How long you been on here hilts?<laugh><laugh><laugh>

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

After a request, brb has agreed to reinstate Blueturk back on the forum with immediate effect.

He is now free to post on any board except the Leed's forum where he remains banned.