1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blueturk the cat

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm posting this thread for the attention of the poster mentioned as he will probably only be able to view it on this site as a guest at the moment.

As some of you might know, he's been banned from the entire site because of offensive posts he made on another club forum.

I'm not going to go into the details other than to say that the matter was then taken out of my hands even though after discussions via PM's with him and the mod concerned, he had been rightly banned from that club forum through a request from one of their mods - I had no problem with that.

What happened subsequently with a whole site ban (which means he can't even post on his own forum) is another matter and I'm not going to go into that other than to say I got a ban myself for criticising the decision. Although I may have gone OTT with my language, I felt very strongly about it and got caught in the crossfire.

This is just a post to Blueturk because I can obviously not contact you by PM right now to check your account over the next few days. I will request your reinstatement pending a cooling off period. What happens is then up to brb and not me.

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

free speech is exactly what it says on the tin not free speech on a certain persons terms.........incredible abuse of power by certain moderators is the issue and with them not being consistent it causes resentment from the likes of myself.......they do realise that whilst people post on here they earn money by selling theyre arses too advertising companies.

Free the Turk

3. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Hope all is sorted!

DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  4. aberdude

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aber - as far as Turk is concerned, he posted stuff that was just not acceptable on another forum and got done for it - that was a problem of his own making.

Personally I don't care about being called a sheep shagger, that's tongue in cheek stuff and par for the course for a Cardiff poster on a "foreign" board. Not saying it's right but FFS that's nothing to get worked up about. Unfortunately his responses earned him a ban from that board and that was a local matter that should have been enough to resolve it.

Where your George Orwell quote hits home and has relevance is to what happened subsequent to that.

I appreciate the depth of feeling you have about such things as you will know from our previous joint experiences over similar matters.

I don't wish to comment any more on the subject pal in case it prejudices the intention of getting him back on the forum again. <ok>

6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

I’m with Aber amazingly, free the turk! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party><party><party>Free the turk!

7. aberdude

seems its all a bit pot kettle really>>>>>>>>>do you really feel fine about an old racist slant against the welsh being used without being able 2 comment back unless done with respect>>>>>>FREE SPEECH IS FREE FKING SPEECH END OF>>>>>>>>>>the English are entitled 2 call us welsh sheep shaggers but please don't let them cry when they get a fking slap for it.

ffs ive been on the general chat for years and most of them are the worst kind of people you could ever cross paths with>>>>>>>>>all mods mostly and all funnily enough(not you of course your one of the sane mods sparks lucky for us)

please log in to view this image

8. Jay-Rede

As much as everyone got their knickers in a twist over it, he did deserve a bollocking / warning - but a ban from the forum is over the top let alone the whole site!! God forbid if these people were in law inforcement in the real world! Pathetic.

Just to clarify, I do not condone what was said, I just think everything was over the top.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  9. aberdude

well that's gone and fkd it up for turk <laugh>

Masky and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  10. aberdude

please log in to view this image

11. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

It does seem a bit heavy handed.
    If Turks vitriol was targeted at the Leeds board, that should be his punishment.
    If Leeds posters come over here looking for afters they get banned from here.
    If his comments are wider reaching / targeting a wider audience a general ban is in order, however that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I've not read the whole thread but it does seem as if he's overstepped the mark.
    A slap in the wrist and a ban from the Leeds board sounds appropriate. A ban from the forum seems punitive.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  12. aberdude

so what was said........that doesn't include the following definition

free speech
    Dictionary result for free speech
    noun
    noun: free speech
    1. the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint.

1....censorship is rife on this forum
    2....does a ban consist of restraint>>>>>>>methinks it does

13. Jay-Rede

Aber, free speech doesnt come into this dude, it's morals that come into it - An advanced search and recent records of "Blueturk The Cat" will show you what was said and you can make your own mind up bud. It was clearly a joke, just depends on if you take it that way or not. For me, it was close to the mark and a bollocking was definitely deserved.. A "foreign forum" ban was ridiculous, a full site ban was utterly outrageous.

I'm sure the majority of N606 posters are grown adults, but some still act like children!

14. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Hope to see Blueturk posting soon. :emoticon-0148-yes:

blueturk the cat and Oldsparkey like this.
  15. aberdude

again depends on your moral grounds...........there isn't a set of rules 2 morals but there is 2 free speech and that is what is the issue here>>>>tbh i couldn't give a fk what he said, that was his choice and he made it for a reason>>>>>>>tiz shame the little children didn't take it on the chin really (sticks and stones and all that jazz)<ok>

16. aberdude

where do i find these advanced tools box en jay>>>>>>>>

17. Jay-Rede

The issue with free speech is, you can say whatever you feel, that is your right, but when people get offended you must deal with the repercussions. I made a mistake on the Jacks board around 4 years ago and I was completely in the wrong. I apologised and moved on, I get on with the majority of Jack fans (when we all behave) but at the time, my name was mud. Free speech is only free if your target audience is on the same wavelength.. It's just the world we live in!

18. Jay-Rede

Top of the page mucker. Will be with the search, the advanced option will be in there.

19. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

What’s BTC said?

20. aberdude

the issue here is most people today don't seem 2 understand FREE SPEECH and wanna put conditions on it......................the world we live in is fkd if we keep eroding our previous hard fought for freedoms dude.