1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best Current F1 Driver

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Forza Bianchi, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Who is currently the best F1 driver?

1. Sebastian Vettel

2. Fernando Alonso

3. Mark Webber

4. Lewis Hamilton

5. Jenson Button

6. Felipe Massa

7. Nico Rosberg

8. Robert Kubica

9. Michael Schumacher

10. Adrian Sutil

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Kubica. There's very little between them. Vettel gets my vote though simply because I like him more than the other three. :)

2. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Looks like Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso are leading the way, early days yet though!

3. JOSH1297

JOSH1297 New Member

I pretty much agree with that although maybe Alonso and Hamilton with Vettel for fastest; remember Monaco '07? They lapped everyone but Massa and he wasn't far from it...

4. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

To be honest, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica all have a case to being fastest - and I don't think there is one driver who stands out in this respect.

If Kimi Raikkonen was still In F1, he would be fastest - because I genuinely believe that no individual can outdrive Kimi on his day.

5. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

what I dont understand is why Juan Pablo Montoya left F1 to go to Nascar mediocrity

6. JOSH1297

JOSH1297 New Member

McLaren gave him a dull car compared to it's predecessor and I guess he just lost his passion. I don't really know to be fair

7. DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan

Alonso is clearly the best as those who really know about these things always vote for him

There is a link that I will dig out for those who have only recently started watching F1 and might have missed sweet Fernandos masterful double WC triumphs

8. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I was a big fan of JPM's as he was exciting to watch, although he did get me worried at Silverstone 2005 when he had a big 'moment' in practice and me and my mates were in his firing line coming out of Copse Corner, luckily he kept it together and I am here to tell the tale. He won the race that year and I was happy as I had a fiver each-way at 10-1 on him!

9. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

He had a huge bust up with Ron Dennis, much like Alonso did in 2007. It was again about favouratism but this time it was less publicised

10. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

Putting my own bias to one side I have no choice really but to agree with what the drivers and team bosses voted the best f1 driver and they voted Alonso by a country mile, so who am I to disagree with the very people involved in F1 who have far more information available to them than us armchair pundits.

I agree about Kubica being the 2cd best driver, and would put Vettel 3rd best and Hamilton 4th although judging Hamilton is hard as he has always been in a top car from day 1 in formula 1 so how good he really is is harder to gauge.

11. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

Is it possible for people to join under multiple ID's here and vote from the same computer? I have no wish to try it to find out, I was just wondering likes. :emoticon-0103-cool:

12. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

No Jose! you are not seriously saying that LH fans are disguising themselves as Alonso fans in the hope they will be accepted as knowing anything about f1? surely not, if I was more of a lewis fan (i am a fan) and honestly believed he was the best there is I would be shouting it from the rooftops but also accept that those drivers and team bosses probably know a lot more and take their opinions into account but still support lewis as being the best there is, but unfortunately I am a huge Alonso fan and luckily those directly involved in f1 racing themselves share the same opinion as our goodselfs.

Scandal hits not606 best driver poll LMAO.

13. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

The poll is completely fair. No users that have voted are operating more than one account.

14. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Jonah's still paranoid!!!!

Jonah seriously this is for the serious Alonso fan, we don't need fanboys that can't cope with Fernando being beaten.

15. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

AMCODetc.... it was a joke... you know a satire? because Lewis was leading and is leading, I thought it funny and satirical to ask.... as though I care... lmao get a grip...

now dont you feel a tad stupid for jumping to conclusions?

ah bless, glad you joined though.

16. LewisWDC

LewisWDC New Member

Hamilton is currently the best VOTED driver at the moment.

Jose I have a concern I need to tell you about as you are the mod here on the F1 Board I will send a private message to you about it.

17. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

I don't know satire no. Who is satire?

18. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I fear this thread has been ruined by multiple Lewis Fan boy IDs. I have suspicion that AMCODOTG is not the original from 606 and just a lewis fanboy impersonating him

19. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

You are impersonating El Nando. Yet you accuse me of impersonating AMCDOTG?

You must be a Lewis Hamilton fanboy because you and LewisWDC have both now accused me. Please don't start this already it's NOT 606.

20. BillyRedCard

BillyRedCard New Member

Lewis may be good but number 1?? I would vote for Kubica, but you can't really argue with Alonso, however annoying you may find Jose :)