1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Belgian Takeover

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Eastbourne Addick, Dec 27, 2013.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Django Rheinhardt was the man!

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Wow! That's 3 of us, because I know Tewkes thinks so too!

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;ut2cbWax14Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2cbWax14Y[/video]

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

My friend introduced me to him and Guthrie Govan at the same time from when he was at the Brighton institute of music - different, but both instantly catch your attention and don't get old either. We was only listening to django over some beers this Christmas <ok>

5. ForestHillBilly

When I first heard Django I could not accept that his solo's were improvised, and it was only after I had built up a collection of Vinyl albums with different versions of the same songs that I accepted that these beautifully structured melodies were actually composed on his feet. In that respect there's never been anyone like him. I was lucky enough to see Stephane Grapelli twice, wonderful musician, but, as you say , Django was The Man.

6. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

I heard Kickaballs kicks the ball well ;)

I cannot believe we have a keeper, as said, give Pope a crack somewhere, it's ridiculous.

7. ForestHillBilly

Look at it from Roland's point of view. He's just spent a lot of money buying a football club which is in the middle of a relegation fight. He meets the manager who tells him that he needs to get the players' contracts sorted out ASAP, and that when this happens he might sign a new contract himself. This is what CP has told the media. Roland might be justified in saying " Why should I give new contracts to players who aren't doing very well at all at all?" There might then be a detailed analysis of which players were good enough to take the club forward and which weren't. There must be a lot of discussion and activity going on behind the scenes, and remember Roland will be taking an outsider's view which will not include the man-love we all allegedly feel towards CP, so what his plans will turn out to be is anybody's guess. Personally I'd be happy to see Paul Hart's contract renewed, and a pledge to continue the push towards Category A status for the Academy, but the only thing I feel confident of is that by the end of the month we should have a better idea of what he has in mind.

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

9. ForestHillBilly

Bit of a non-statement.

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Katrien Meire seems to be the '&#8206;Legal and International Relations Manager' at Standard de Liège also she may be the agent of Michy Batshuayi who is a target of Arsenal. Looks like she is another Lawyer :(

11. ForestHillBilly

Nice to know that he will be "following the team's fortunes". I take that to mean he won't be attending many games. Or is it just me?

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

With the number of teams he owns, I personally didn't expect him too.

She's a lawyer by the sounds if it, but at least she has a footballing background. Not sure what to think currently - a few new contracts would be a nice start..

13. Iwantabettertakeover

Wow! That's it..? Not exactly Razzle Dazzle, was it...

"Murray's knowledge and experience will be invaluable"...

In deciding to do the opposite I hope.

14. Addick4Life

Addick4Life Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Was confirmed on their O/S today that RD has now taken over at AD Alcorcon in the Spanish 2nd Division

15. Iwantabettertakeover

Another one... Who's he going to buy next week?

It's a fairly good guess where the majority of our players will be coming from... I don't expect Championship ready players any time soon.

16. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sod all that. Let's go back to Django. I was at a jazz night over here in november, and the Singer made several refences to 'Django' which all went over my head, as a) I'm not vastly into jazz , and b) it was all in Catalan, which is'nt my strongest language. However, after the refences here, I've had a dip in YouTube, and I have to say it's good stuff, and I may yet move onto Amazon and treat myself to a CD, though I can't see Mrs Shabby being too involved.

PS I'm prepared to go further and say it's great or even fantastic, but only if Tewks comes back and gives us an opinión. I can't believe all the stuff happening at the Valley, and the guy sits it out. Patience is a virtue, and Tewks appears to be carved from the stuff.

17. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

LOL - cut and paste delivered straight the fans, too kind dutchy !

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

19. Iwantabettertakeover

Said Slater. "It was clear from the start he was a serious and substantial individual. He did not want to mess around and things moved on apace....

I think a lot of us would like to hear that Roland has moved on apace for a new striker...

Slater... "There is no denying the correlation between a club's budget and finishing position in the league".

I wish more fans would take this piece of wisdom on board, it far outweighs the thinking that "sacking the manager" is the fix for all that ails the club...

So they've sold the club to "Roland who hasn't shared his vision" for Charlton..?
    Reading between the lines I expect the majority of our players will be loan players from his stable...
    Let's hope they're better than Pardew's bunch.

20. Butterfield

Butterfield Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links SuperC.