1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Barnsley v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Are you saying we shouldn't sing that we are the "finest football team the world has ever seen"?

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Sunderland could go down again!!

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Good point rescued but slipping down table.
    Afraid I'm not looking forward to Friday.

4. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

Fulham on a Friday night on Sky...what are you worrying.......oh ****

5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Oh, I hope so, I won't stop laughing for a month <laugh><laugh><laugh>

6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

If they do (which they probs my wont) we will seek out old Smug In Boots and say hi!

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Who played right-back tonight?

8. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

What played centre half

kiwiqpr and MelburnIAN like this.
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Baptiste. He did ok there too especially defending. I think he moved to CB when Smith replaced Caulker.

10. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

That's two matches against relegation troubled teams and we haven't done well at all - losing points with draws and slipping down the league rather worryingly. A poor result against the Ruperts and we could have a mini crisis on our hands. I do wonder if the Clint Hill decision could be more costly than a compromise deal. We really need to pick up a win VERY soon.

rangercol and Steelmonkey like this.

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

For the 2nd game in a row we seemed better when Smith came on. Again he wasn't great, but he seems to provide a point of attack for us without just punting it up to him, and draws in the opposition defenders giving us more space.

12. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Three draws against teams we should be beating, Millwall, Burton and Barnsley. Doesn't bode well especially for Friday night on Sky, I fear yet another televised embarrassment...

13. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

S***, we have slipped behind Norwich

14. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

Was watching from about 30 minutes mark on my iPhone, iPad is stuffed at the moment. Wishing I hadn't bought season pass as it's a struggle to be awake when the matches are on. Didn't think it through.

I probably saw the best of us as a result, thought we still lacked end product, a lack of quality service to the forwards cost us. A least Pav and Freeman passed to each other a couple of times.

Great strike from Freeman for the equaliser, Robinson recovered well from a couple of errors, he looks assured when he puts pressure on himself. Lua lua looks a handful most of the time when he's on.

Great comment from Andy on the stream - smith should wear a paper kit that rips when tugged to alert referees to the treatment he gets.

QPR Oslo and Uber_Hoop like this.
  15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I thought I'd do a quick comparison as a lot on here were saying they'd give it ten games to predict what the season would bring ...

Last season - Played 10 Won - 3 Drew - 3 Lost - 4 For - 12 Against - 16 Points - 12 GD -4

This Season - Played 10 Won - 3 Drew - 4 Lost - 3 For - 13 Against - 13 Points - 13 GD 0

NorwayRanger and Wherever like this.
  16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

So effectively we're 1 point and 1 goal scored better off and have let in 3 goals less. In both seasons we have played 5 at home and 5 away.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Ironically our 11th game last season was a 2-1 win away to Fulham.

18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

20. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

One of the worst 1st halves i have witnessed in a very long time. Feel for Osayi-Samuel as all he had to work on was bidwell hoofing it up the line for him to chase in vain and then gets taken off at http. Mackie is not a championship player, he has no concept of the game other than running around and giving 100% which is not enough if you want to do anything in this league, and if you want to develop a young player like Osayi-Samuel you cannot play Mackie. When Connor came on we were a different team as he is actually a decent footballer so can read the game around him thus linking in other players that Mackie is uncapable of. Wszolek obviously had his Poland call up on his mind as his passing was poor his crossing even worse and his capacity to beat the final man totally out the window and missed an absolute sitter, he was a mile off the pace.. He should have been hauled off at half time. Smith is an absolute joke. Why not sign up any Sunday league player who is tall fat and incapable of moving, he should of had a hat trick in the time that he was on. Robinson looked a natural, Scowen, Luongo, Freeman Washington are all spot on for this league, even Caulker looked decent against an awful team. Ollie has got to stop making excuses pick his best 11 from the start regardless of the opposition and how they may or may not set up, otherwise we are in for another very poor season. Get rid of average pros like Mackie, Baptiste, Smith and Bidwell as we will never progress with them in our team drop people who don't give a crap, which in tonight's performance is Wszolek, develop Wheeler, Samuel, Furlong, but play them alongside decent players who have a forward thinking philosophic approach and we might get somewhere. We have actually good some decent players, play them all and cover the rest of the team with potential

Stroller likes this.