1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Baggies away

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, May 9, 2017.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Nah...nailed on to get Shakey and Mahr...actually your probably right, Poch and Alli are top drawer.

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Thanks. Very proud of my team. If we can keep them together for a couple of years (big if) then I will be excited to see what we can do. This year we came up a little short. Without us it would have been a boring stroll for you guys.

3. The Ginger Marks

Chelsea will see new arrivals next season but none of the above fit the bill. Virgil van Dijk & Morata being the main possibilities.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I want Virgil and a striker.
    And maybe a midfielder, depending on if Cesc stays or not.

5. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Congratulations to Chelsea on a deserved title win. As others have said, we were never really in the title race and were constantly awaiting a total collapse that simply never came.

Conte is a manager who I have long admired and his drive and energy meant that you bounced back instantly and agressively whenever you suffered a rare setback. He has got the best out of misfits such as Moses and Pedro and has even got Sideshow Bob doing a very convincing impression of a superb defender.

Ultimately, your consistency and experience prevailed over our attempts to catch you. Should be interesting next season as this is now the second consecutive season that the PL champions had no European football to juggle. IIRC that hasn't happened in PL history (put your money on Everton now I guess <laugh>). But Abramovich will back Conte massively in the summer and I doubt he'll struggle to bolster your squad ahead of next season.

All 3 games between us this year were highly entertaining and truth be told pretty equal affairs.

Enjoy your summer, please lose to the Goons so that Wenger signs a new 4 year deal, and stay the **** away from anyone in our squad not named Sissoko <ok>

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

You need to get Jose to chill out and smile a bit, he's just too grumpy these days. The guy has everything to be the best Manager in any League, but his temperament just stops him from achieving his goals.
    I'm sure he'd get more out of players with praise and encouragement than by criticism and embarrassing them.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He has actually been/seems a lot happier since December, I have heard that before that he was worried about his fathers health (real world problems).
    His treatment of players doesn't bother me, they are playing for Manchester United, if that isn't enough to make them give their best every game then they need to go.
    He has handled the Rooney situation very well, a player that has given his best yet is now past it but is being phased out with very little notice or comment.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware of family health problems, that explains a lot. Rooney has been treated well but Schweinsteiger was handled poorly.
    Hope he does lighten up, personally I got many a laugh from his early Chelsea press conferences when he was always taking the piss. Hate to see him get old and bitter, there's enough of us around already without Jose !

Diego likes this.
  9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

As Cesc says, football is ****ing amazing :)