1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Away games 17/18

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Thought it might be worth having a thread for fans travelling to away games throughout, with news of allocations from the club can be put it in for each game and how seats are selling etc.

Could also use it for travel/accomadation tips, drinking spots for people who have been before, maybe even car sharing for some etc.

Might go dead but it's worth a try.

2. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Not sure it's necessary, as everything you suggest can be discussed in the relevant match threads, but we'll see how it goes.

Libby likes this.
  3. Libby

Libby 9-0

First up is Huddersfield, any on here going?

Was one I fancied before fixtures came out as supposed to be a good day out but came too early in the season for me.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-07-31/huddersfield-southampton-tickets-on-sale-201718

Seems the club may be carrying on the practice of taking the smallest possible allocation into this season <doh>

Looking at what's sold on only the 2nd day seems like they undercooked it with only 1500. First away of the season on BH weekend was always going to popular imo.

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Fair enough Chilcs, suppose it depends on how many regular away supporters there are that post here... thought it might be better to keep these sorts of discussions seperate as it can be very dull for those not interested.

It may will not work but haven't lost anything if not and it will just die a natural death <ok>

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

I presumed that Huddersfield only gave us 1500? Bought yesterday and seemed like a lot had been sold.

6. Libby

Libby 9-0

Well it's not the 10% is it?

Read somewhere that Newcastle got 2,300 for the opening day which seems more of an accurate allocation. We seemed to start doing this a lot towards the end of last season, reckon we probably lost some money somewhere so now we're only taking a minimum allocation with no option for more. 900 for Liverpool and particuarly only 1500 for Chelsea was a bit of a joke really.

Agree that a lot have been sold, out of 3 blocks we've got 1 is sold out and the other 2 are half full anyway. Seem to have misjudged it massively.

7. Saints FC 76

I've always thought that it was the home club that gave allocations, but I may well be wrong. It always used to annoy me that Liverpool only ever gave us 1800 at Anfield, while Chelsea etc got 2500.

8. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Would love to go, not doing it alone though. Arsenal away last season was my last away game alone. Can be crap with no one to chat to in the pub haha

9. Libby

Libby 9-0

No I'm pretty sure the home club will say you can "X, Y or Z" with X normally being on a sale or return basis and any additional you have to pay before whether you sell them or not.

Recently we seem to be going for the smallest option which makes me think we've lost money somewhere down the line. But surely we should judge each game on merits, we're not exactly poor and only 1500 for Chelsea was a bit silly really considering it was only £20 and our closest trip bar Bournemouth.

We probably got less at Liverpool as we never really travel that well up North.

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

<laugh>

I go to most games alone, done Arsenal, Spurs, Milan and Wembley all on my own in recent seasons.

**** going all the way up North on your tod though! <laugh>

11. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

We are not great travellers on the whole though are we lets be honest.

PE213 likes this.
  12. It’s Only A Game

It’s Only A Game Well-Known Member

I quite fancied the Hudders game but haven't got any away game history from last season. How do you know how they are selling TLL?

13. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

It's all a big write off for me because I'm refereeing on Saturdays. I'll go to Newcastle in March and maybe Man City on a Wednesday in November? But Manchester is closer to you lot than it is to me. It's a big place up here.

Just to prove I'm in the real north, my first game of the season is the most northern team out of the 5000 ish in the English system.

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

If you go on the website you can look at the seating plan without logging in etc. and 1 block has already gone completely.

It’s Only A Game likes this.
  15. Saints FC 76

I wouldn't say that, I go to about 8-10 away games a season and on the whole we seem to sell out whenever I go.

16. Saints FC 76

I'd say about two-thirds has been sold in the first two days. First away game of the season, a new ground for many of us, good chance of winning - not sure why we wouldn't take a bigger allocation. Perhaps we can request more.

17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Club's been burnt before....and I don't think they seem willing to take the risk. You would hope that they would want to do it for the sake of the fans, but they run a tighter ship now and it makes no difference to them in the overall scheme of things.

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'd say it's pretty poor past say the Midlands?

Throw in bank holiday weekend and it does seem a bit short sighted. Hopefully you're right and we can request more.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Saints FC 76 likes this.
  19. Libby

Libby 9-0

Although that's probably right it's a bit sad isn't it? We don't make money off away fans so **** 'em.

Football is nothing without its supporters.

20. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

I'll hopefully go to Swansea away again. It certainly wasn't a sell-out last season but it was a cold, wet Tuesday night in January :(

Libby likes this.