1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal Chaos

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by EmirAleks, Aug 27, 2017.

1. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Every club losses games. Are you saying that when you lose 4-0 the entire management is automatically a shambles?

The problem is that whenever anything happens at Arsenal like this Sanchez thing, it always seems to be because Wenger is bad and an idiot. What exactly was he supposed to do? He has said for months that he wanted Sanchez to work out his contract and Sanchez hasn't said a word. Then suddenly, he has a deal with City, and it is Wenger's job to replace him? Wenger doesn't work for Sanchez, Sanchez works for Arsenal

I don't even understand what the dickheads in the press are going on about. Ever since day 1, I haven't been fond of Sanchez. He is a divisive selfish player, who works for himself not the team.

I would have sold him right at the start of the window, and I said so, but there were fans here who would have shot Wenger for that, and Wenger felt he had to keep him. Those fans are the ones that put us in that situation.

Wenger's problem over the last few years is he is trying to keep the fans happy, and he has to realize the fans are mostly idiots and are not going to be happy with anything he does. It might be because he has been told to keep the fans happy by management.

He was far better off doing his own thing. At least then he stood or fell on his own decisions.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its not because Arsenal lose games, it because there are blatant and obvious flaws in the team selections, the positioning of the players, the signings (or lack thereof), I mean you have only JUST this summer replaced Van Persie, with Lacazette.
    Why were your signings benched? Why are you playing full backs out of position when you have perfectly good players on the bench ready to go? Why is Arsene so stubborn both tactically and financially?
    Why do the board hardly ever make statements when they can see a large section of the fanbase is unhappy at what is going on? Why do they keep resigning Wenger when they know this is not what the fans want?
    Why is he so tactically inept and unable to produce a performance out of these players?
    Why was half your squad allowed to wind their contracts down to under 12 months?
    Why are Arsenal fans being told that you have no money for signings when Kroenke came out and said that you would be competing with Bayern and the European Elite once the stadium was paid for?

If you think people are complaining just because you "lost a couple of games" then you are seriously deluded my friend.

How do you know Sanchez hasn't said a word? I am sure he and Wenger have spoken about it, at length.

Wenger also works for Arsenal, Arsenal doesn't work for Wenger. If a player leaves, of course it's the manager's job to identify and try to sign a replacement <doh>

What dick heads in the press? Everyone in the press are dick heads, thats been the case for the last 50 years.
    None of this was caused by the press! <laugh>
    Thats some serious straw clutching deflection mate, seriously.

white_gunner likes this.
  3. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I am not even gonna try and respond. Toledo you are living in a different universe, I can't even begin to relate.

4. ToledoTrumpton

Really you typify what I was going on about. Here is the best example.

"If a player leaves, of course it's the manager's job to identify and try to sign a replacement
    please log in to view this image
    "

Sanchez hadn't left, he wasn't entitled to leave, and Wenger was under no obligation to replace him. Why do you assume that Sanchez's wishes are in any way relevant to the situation.

The fact is, Sanchez is the person who precipitated this problem. Others can feel aggrieved at Sanchez not wanting to fulfil his contract, but Sanchez has no one to blame but himself for his predicament.

Personally, I would like to know what City's role in this is. How did Sanchez think he was a Man City player? Was he given formal permission to talk to City? This whole thing could have legs and Arsenal may yet get the last laugh. Sanchez and Pep might be best advised to keep their mouths shut for a while.

If Sanchez refuses to play, and Arsenal are going to get nothing for him. Arsenal and Wenger may decide that they have nothing to lose by registering a complaint with the FA, UEFA or FIFA. I doubt an FA complaint would get far, but I think UEFA and FIFA would take any excuse to cripple a rich English Club with a transfer ban for a few years.

We don't know how this will play out yet. Let's just see where the dust settles.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No, he hasn't left, but his contract has less than 12 months to run.
    If he refuses to sign a new contract and says he wants to leave, then you need to start looking for a replacement and think about selling him while he is still under contract so you can get his market value, rather than letting him **** off to one of your bitter rivals for nothing, like Sol Campbell did with Spurs.

If you let him leave on a bosman a) You get nothing and b) you have no control over where he goes.
    If he comes to City or Chelsea next season, for nothing, Wenger will look an utter twat.

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

In what world would anything happen that allow arsenal to laugh at man city?

"ha ha ha you're such a bunch of mugs you got a £50000 fine which you can pay with pocket change while you win games with a huge squad of quality players while our own team get thumped regularly, have a squad who play boring football most of the time and don't want to play for their manager"

I just don't comprehend how you can still persist in defending Wenger in all of this. You are the very definition of an Arsene fan not an Arsenal fan.

There are so many ludicrous comments you come out with. Let's just go with your one about every team losing games 4-0. Can you list me the number of times the top 10 richest clubs on the world (of which we're no.6) have been thumped by 4+ goals in the last 5 years? Let's all have a guess who's had the most.

Quilllogic likes this.
  7. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

So does the player have to physically be gone before you replace?

He made it clear last season he didn't want to re-sign. Common sense says look for a replacement straight away and then get as much as you can by selling him. Or you bite the bullet to keep him but get (or at least secure) his replacement either in January for the coming season. But Wenger pretended to have the balls and said he staying no matter what. Then yesterday happened.

How can you not see the craziness in that?!

Quilllogic likes this.
  8. ToledoTrumpton

We are in the top 10 clubs so far as generating revenue, but that is misleading. We are supposedly ahead of Chelsea, but Chelsea still owes Abramovich over 700 million pounds, even after some corporate financing, which may have reduced the debt by 500 Million. This "debt" doesn't appear anywhere in that calculation of the richest clubs.

Man Utd are over 500M in debt, and use a toxic bond deal to run their debt scheme, pumping private money into the club, and in Europe the rules are different so who knows how fiddled the books are there.

If you really think Arsenal are in the top 10 richest clubs in Europe then you are an idiot and your opinion counts for nothing.

9. ToledoTrumpton

No, to be honest. Arsenal can't afford to replace Sanchez. If you think they can then you must be a Chelsea fan and used to a situation where your owner can pump a billion and a half pounds into the club over the last 5 or 6 years, without expecting it to be ever paid back.

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Revenue vs rich owner debt, fair enough.

But this image below is still inexcusable when you ARE a rich club, have a HUGE wage budget, and have OBVIOUS squad deficiencies... Or maybe not if you're Toledo...

And don't try and say spurs are just as bad at not spending. The main difference is they're currently not ****.
    Screenshot_20170901-093052_01.png

11. ToledoTrumpton

Cini65 - Seriously, just try and hold onto your garbage. The only difference between our squad and United's, is that when they sign a player he automatically turns into a world class player in their fan's eyes, and when we sign a player, our fan's immediately say he is ****.

Their fans are like a 12th player for them, and our fans are like a 12th player for the opposition.

Other team's fans think Ozil is better than ours do. After the first 2 games he led the league in chances created, and all our fans were saying he was playing like ****.

12. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Kind of embarrassing that David ornstein had to release a 'questions answered' video about us because no one knows what the hell is going on.

However, it seems I was partially right. We ended in a transfer profit because we are "safeguarding money for the next 2 transfer windows". I believe the board now know ozil and Sanchez will not resign and they will be left with two giant holes to fill next summer, hence the "safeguarding"

Whether or not we should be safeguarding money when it appears we have enough anyway, I'm not sure...

ToledoTrumpton likes this.
  13. ToledoTrumpton

I would point out though that given the inflation of wages and fees, who can say what "Enough" is.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure that's true. Everyone thinks he's pony and a little weakling. He's a good player but not top 4 material or big game material. He could be if Wenger uses him correctly.

Quilllogic likes this.
  15. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

AFAIK, Oligarsky has legally written off all the 1bn odd that he has
    pumped into Chelsky, and in the event of his death none of his
    benefactors will be able to seek to recover that money to the
    detriment of the club (selling off key players and taking the money
    for themselves etc) .

16. ToledoTrumpton

Well, my view is that Ozil's performance is always seen through the rest of the team. He creates chances, time and space for other people. If they make good use of those things he looks good. If they don't he looks like ****. That is why he is so difficult to evaluate.

How can you tell if he created a lot of those things and his team-mates squandered them, or that he didn't create enough?

I just find that we really stink when he isn't on the pitch.

BobbyD likes this.
  17. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

All teams lose matches but in the last 5-6 years Arsenals record against the domestic rivals is abysmal and includes some absolute drubbings, then there are the routine schoolings by the European elite.

The FA cup wins may have distracted some but many notice the lack of any tactical plan or direction in the vast majority of these games. There will always be some Wenger loyalists but it seems most fans are now aware of his deficiencies. the game has moved on and he's been left behind.

He should of gone out with Dignity after the FA cup win last year. It may all end in Acrimony now, and he's deserves better than that.

ToledoTrumpton and winifred122 like this.
  18. ToledoTrumpton

I think that was true, but the debt is piling up again. Chelsea also play a little game with Chelsea FC and Chelsea Holdings Ltd who own Chelsea FC.

19. ToledoTrumpton

I don't know if the game has left him behind, or if the game has changed making it harder for a club outside the to 3 to win. Obviously Leicester were a shot from the blue, but that may have just been a freak occurrence.

I agree that he probably should have gone though. I don't think we would necessarily have done anything different this year, but I think even if the game is leaving us behind, we need to formulate another 10 year-plan to deal with the challenges ahead and overcome them. At this point he is just delaying that effort.

white_gunner and BobbyD like this.
  20. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Maybe but at this point both Liverpool and Tottenham have overtaken us purely in terms of football and Everton are starting to creep up behind, and none of them have spent money that we can't compete with

We might not be able to compete every season with the Manchesters and Chelsea but we can certainly make a better attempt at it than we have been doing

blukyt likes this.