1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Argyle...v...QPR

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 5, 2020.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I think QPR have gone 4:4:2 which is exposing Cooper's defensive fragility.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3-2...Nouble...78 mins.

3. notDistantGreen

Smart move diwn the left: Nouble loses his marker at the far post and side foots a volley into the top of the net. 3-2.

Cut QPR wide open there.

4. notDistantGreen

Nouble bares his teeth there. Sloppily lost the ball just in the QPR half but thunders back to scythe the QPR player down.

Booked but the fans will love the attitude.

5. notDistantGreen

Argyle trying to close it out. Keeping the ball nicely and swarming all over QPR when they do lose it.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-2...F/T.....excellent result....confidence booster against a Championship club....<applause>...:emoticon-0167-beer:...<ok>.

7. notDistantGreen

Definitely £10 well spent. There are some defensive issues to look at, but then, Lowe has that concede 2, score 3 philosophy and we scored 3 very, very nice goals.

And we won't be playing Championship teams every week.

No individual weaknesses to pick on but no real stars either, in a good way: all the players would get a 7 or thereabouts. Very pleasing team performance.

That won't have done confidence any harm!

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Some positive write ups on pasoti about the game.....MacLeod seems to have done well and Mayor scoring in first game bodes well.

I feel that Camara will force his way into the starting eleven....he looks a great athlete and will do well with those around him.

9. notDistantGreen

I wasn't totally convinced by him against FGR but looked lively today.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sorry who ?.....MacLeod, Mayor or Camara.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the Sky highlights....three good goals......Nouble looks a bit of a beast....good at holding opposition players off....and that volley could have done serious damage if anyone had got in the way of it.

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bit late to the postings but I've been busy. I watched this on my son's TV and didn't know what to expect watchability wise. As it turned out it wasn't that bad coverage even if it was one camera.

The first half was a game of two halves really. We started as if we were a bit asleep and they started at a hundred miles an hour. You could almost smell their first goal was going to happen. Poor defending in that the players were just not alert and gave the scorer an acre of room. It did look as if they were going to run all over us for about 15 minutes but we settled into the game and started to play a bit. Thoroughly deserved the equaliser and it was a decent goal. Hardy laid it on a plate for Edwards who took the chance very well. Think if there was VAR then we might have had the second just on half time although I do think 3 players rushing in offside if they touch it is still offside if they don't. Distracts the keeper and that leads to him missing the ball. No complaints about the lino giving it the flag and thought the first session was well worth the watch.

Second half started much like the first without the goal given away. But, again we grew into it much quicker than half one and the second for us was again very well taken. Mayor must do that more often. He threatens to shoot a lot of the time but doesn't pull the trigger. Their equaliser was well taken and there can't be much complaint about it. Argyle kept going and matched QPR across the park. The third was another sweet move and again a very well taken chance. There was no fluke about this result. We were playing higher opposition and matched them. Generally some very good play and QPR did come to win this and not roll over. Defensive frailties yes at times but going forward looked decent. Nobody had a bad game and all of the newbies looked quite assured including Michael Cooper in the goal. He made a couple of mistakes it's true but he is very young and he will learn. Excellent shot stopper which seems to be a trait with our keepers. MOM for me............Mayor but with a number of distinctions for others.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lewis MacLeod looks a handy and influential midfielder....it was his tackle that broke up a QPR attack releasing the ball forward for one of our goals.

Been looking up his career record....it is riddled with injuries,(over a season in one case)....and of course that is probably why he has dropped out of favour with clubs further up the pecking order....so at the moment that is our gain and if we can keep him fit to our benefit.

14. notDistantGreen

Camara - I thought he looked a bit like Bakkinson against QPR - Bambi on Ice. Better yesterday though....

I do like McLeod, always available, tackles, passes well, the ideal holding midfield player.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bakinson got a run out with Bristol C on Saturday.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Have you seen the..."Match Day Moments" video of the QPR match.....excellent quality...and a few angles that are not shown on the youtube Match day video. You could actually count the blades of grass in one of the shots near the end.....top quality photography.

I also watched the full match video this afternoon....a great game played by two footballing teams quite entertaining.

I was impressed by Michael Cooper's performance and his ability to kick the ball a long way.

Nouble has the ability to hold on to the ball and I thought outstanding....reminds you a little of Akinfenwa but with more speed.

Aimson is like having a new player in...so little did we see of him last season.....and I thought he was quick about his covering.

Also George Cooper looked good for someone in his first game back.

Mayor looked more interested in shooting for goal...and has already equalled his goal tally for last season.

17. notDistantGreen

Glad you enjoyed it Plym. Not looking too bad are we?

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yes Ryan Lowe has a few combinations to try out in the early weeks...to find his best starting eleven.....gone are the times when if one of your first eleven got injured you were immediately putting out a weakened team......I still fancy Panutche Camara as a starter when he learns his roll in Lowe's set-up.

19. notDistantGreen

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator