1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are we in the ****e?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

7 points from next 3 games at least !!

2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

we are goosed.

next game this, game after that.

sound like political ****eeeeeeeeeee.

champ here we come.

3. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

When you are in the position we are in, you need "roll up you sleeves and die for the cause" type of players. Right now we have a few flair payers that are great when you are in the ascendency, but right now we need warriors and our team does not have enough of this type of player. I love GD, and he can turn a game, but I think the team would get more overall contribution with someone else up there that will battle for every ball.
    The more I look at this squad, the more I think we are lacking In players that you need for a relegation scrap, which worries me - a lot

We are still only a couple of wins from climbing a number of places, but....

Friday we need 3 points, no ifs, no buts!!! Problem is I am not sure we will get them, Norwich are a good team at home and a bit of a bogey team for us there.

superhorns likes this.
  4. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

Norwich is where Deeny made his debut for us.

Markthehorn and yorkshirehornet like this.
  5. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

It’s like kicking a can down the road. And so on to Norwich which now becomes the biggest game of the season...I think three wins from the next three is a bit unrealistic but if we don’t get 5, 6 or 7 points then...

6. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Hopefully we won't be kicking the can down the road until the end of the season. I think we probably are 'in the ++++e' but it doesn't smell as bad as the Bassini years (ie. we've known worse). If we go down the Pozzo's may take a long hard look at their recruitment policy - they may actually plough some resources into getting a higher profile manager (as opposed to journeymen from the lower reaches of Serie A or La Liga). They may also think that rather than send 4 players of 4 different nationalities to us that it is better to do it in blocks (ie. all the same nationality, so they can help each other to adapt). It's also time to stop blaming luck in throwing so many injuries our way - this is mostly not lack but bad preparation.

7. Markthehorn

Our signings haven't really worked out which doesn't help and the lack of a striker is showing .

Flittonhorn likes this.
  8. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seen video of Deeney on the training ground scoring goals from outside the area. Sarr also seems to be making progress.

Markthehorn likes this.
  9. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Sheffield United aside if we had the same results against the other 10 teams so far we would have 6 points

10. duggie2000

As last season

11. Nascotwoodfrog

Nascotwoodfrog Active Member

please log in to view this image

12. Markthehorn

Palace seem to do ok after a bad start then!

13. duggie2000

The teams who usually go down are the ones with a couple of wins and draws to begin with and then the wheels fall off just like Everton

14. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

I have had some serious TELMEX issues recently. Our C. Slim tinternet provider.

N E Ways back to where we belong and bottom AGAIN.

GRIM.

Do you think we can avoid relegation

15. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

I am starting to lose the faith, we create chances and don't take them. We never cause mayhem in the opposition box and force errors.
    Other teams seem to get a chance and bury it, or force errors from us by pressurising the ball, in and around our box.
    Today was imho a disaster...we have to put a run together!!

16. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Not getting the chances..... Must be favourites for relegation at the moment..

andytoprankin likes this.
  17. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Havn't seen yesterdays match so don't know really went wrong after half time.
    If we don't double our points by the end of December we will not even be in a relegation battle.
    I am not sure what the problem is except for a total lack of confidence. We have good players, put together some good moves, pass generally well and the defense is better now. Injuries are an issue perhaps.
    No comment from QSF after the game and I wonder if he will go, a tad unfair I think and not great for the team to learn another new system when down.
    I wonder how the Pozzo's will play this as it not in there plan to get relegated, but if we keep the current squad I reckon we would bounce back next season.
    Have to keep the faith and keep supporting the team.

18. Markthehorn

Well we don't score enough and rarely seem able to pley well for 90 minutes.

Yesterday we were probably on top till they scored .. but we lost confidence and they played the game well.

andytoprankin likes this.
  19. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I’m with you except for the ‘bouncebackability’ of our squad. The Championship is a monster that eats up newly relegated clubs. Funnily enough, one of the few to make that work recently was Burnley. By that I mean they took the money and ran, rebuilt with that money in the Championship, then came back fighting.

20. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I think we are lacking a number 9. Troy has been turning into a number 10 for a while now, and Gray is just not up to spec. We need Welbeck fit asap, but apparently he is out “for months”. Hence, in answer to the title of this thread - yes.

Markthehorn likes this.