1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anyone else bored??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 16, 2019.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Carvalho brilliant CB

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Those really were the days, and interesting how many Claudio Ranieri found and brought in. He'd be my choice for Director of Football at Chelsea, and my choice when we inevitably fire Sarri and look for another "short term" replacement.
    We have surely exhausted all and every quality manager who would ever want to come to Chelsea knowing they will be shafted and let down by Board who lie and lie and lie again about wanting to "build a future". RA is Donald Trump without the gut, always right, never to be questioned, fills his company with sycophants and weaklings, and uses his money to bully and compensate for his hopelessness at football.
    He is however, dedicated and loyal to the Club which makes it even more frustrating that he won't get in better "advisors" and let the Club grow and develop properly.
    Guess when you have 8Billion in the Bank, you don't give a **** what anyone else thinks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Really? I thought it was well known that Ranieri wanted Mutu veron and crespo.

And the club wanted Cech Cole Maka etc

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Didnt Rainieri sign Cech? I know he didnt come to the club till after Claudio was sacked, but I am sure the signing was done in the January window before that by Rainieri.

And to be fair, of the 3 signings, Mutu, Veron and Crespo.....only Veron was ****.
    How was Rainieri to know that Mutu would get caught doing cocaine and be sacked and that Crespo would get all homesick about Italy and want to leave. But when when Mutu and Crespo played, on the few occassions they played for us, they were great, scored goals et all.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Peter Kenyon oversaw all the signings then before he lost his power battle with Arnessen.

Kenyon targeted, wanted Brit players: Ashley etc.

And he wanted Drog Cech etc

Ranieri wanted to build team around Veron Crespo Mutu. It didn’t work, Jose came in and kept Kenyon’s Signings and got rid of Claudio’s.

The club and kenyon were building behind Claudio’s back all along: Drog Cech Jose etc

They weren’t convinced by Claudio

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Sorry that's just not right. Kenyon and "the Club" knew about as much as Marina does now, and ****ed up at least as often.
    Don't know where this "Jose kept Kenyon signings and got rid of Claudios" comes from.
    For the record, here's the list of players signed by Ranieri and attributed to him, at Chelsea and his other Clubs. Notice how much REAL talent he spotted???

Chelsea Cech, Bridge, Glen Johnson, Gallas, Makelele, Duff, Petit, Gronkjaer, LAMPARD, Zenden, Joe Cole, Veron
    Other Clubs Falcao, Slimani, Crespo, Mouthino, Mutu , Sissoko, KANTE, Rui Costa, Koulibaly, Antony Martial.

For Lampard and Kante alone, he's a million miles a better judge than Kenyon could ever dream of being. He won with Leicesters scraps, and laid the foundation for Joses' success at Chelsea, which Jose has acknowledged on many occasions.
    Firing Ranieri was the beginning of a succession of **** ups on a grand scale by RA, always looking for a "Star ****er" like Mourhino , to gloat about, but like everything RA does in football, that went pear shaped as well because he always knows best.

7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

no way CP. I'm not going to attribute who bought what but Ranieri as a manager has made some good signings when he was the boss.

As an actual manager though, yes he had a miracle season but in general i think he's pretty pony at being a manager. He's generally underachieved whereever he has been and even at leicester he got fired after performing miracles cause he's not up to scratch. His tactics are hap hazard and tbh i don't think he has a general system of play. Plus he's the tinkerman and except for that season at leicester always tinkers and the team finds it hard to perform consistently.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

so looks like Higuain should be done today. Loan with option to buy makes a lot of sense and hopefully solves 2 of our biggest issues of late....no striker and Hazard out of position. May even be available for selection Thursday.

Next big issue, Kante. Can Sarri find a solution and have the best DM in his rightful position and maintaining 'sarri ball'?

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Love Claudio but tinkering and losing a one goal lead to ordinary Monaco side in EC semi was worst tactics I have ever seen.

We were winning, they went down to ten men and we lost 3-1

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He is more than a DM tbf.

When we won the title under Conte,
    Matic was more of A dm and Kante pushed up pressing breaking up play and giving to playmakers.

He is best suited in CM in counter attacking sides like Conte Chelsea, Leicester, France.

Dunno if he is as well suited to Sarriball, but has still been one of our best players this season

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

worked out in the end as we got Jose but that C.L was there for the taking and he/we blew it spectacularly.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes. We should have got to final.

Doubt Claudio would have outfoxed Jose though

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He is not a right sided midfielder in a 3. It's clear his talent has meant he's not been awful but he is nowhere near being used correctly.

We've basically got 2 world class players looking pretty average at the moment.

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Liked Crespo and Mutu but they never settled for differing reasons. Crespo scored some good goals for us.

Claudio wanted to build team round Veron but didn’t work

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree.

Kante has done v well considering.

And Haza has done well in some games as false 9 too

16. Chelsea Pensioner

I'm not saying he is /was a great manager, just that he's a great judge of talent. That was my only point.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

To be fair, Claudio did not know Mutu was a cokehead, Crespo would hate London and Veron was so injury prone.

All signings made from autumn 2003 were made by Kenyon, not Claudio, such as Cech.

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Ranieri did not find Kante. He thought he was too small, the Leicester scouts and director of football did.

‘ Kanté was the player’s name, and Ranieri – as he would later admit – did not know much about him. Ranieri was far from alone in that respect – plenty of other Premier League managers have since questioned how he slipped under their radar – but Walsh and his recruitment team had done their homework. David Mills, Leicester’s senior scouting coordinator, had been to see Kanté play for Caen, and clips and statistics were put together to highlight the midfielder’s talent.

Ranieri, however, still needed convincing about the player’s physique. A few months down the line, on the back of some superb performances from the Frenchman, Ranieri recalled how Walsh would constantly badger him during pre-season, saying: “Kanté, Kanté, Kanté!” In the end Ranieri was won over, Leicester handed over £5.6m and the rest is history.’

19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Well you mentioned sacking ranieri (tbf a little unfairly but i dont think he'd ever have got us to win the league) was a mistake so i assumed you thought he'd have been the manager for us

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

CP must be the only Chelsea fan I’ve ever met who thinks we should have kept Ranieri and not got JM.

The Monaco CL semi showed he wasn’t up to it