1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anyone else bored??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

OK here's something to argue about.
    Reports Abramovich " in a screaming hurry to get players in".
    Hasn't that always been our biggest problem?
    Higauin , past his best, 31 years old, get him in quick !! Was good for Sarri, so instant gratification.
    Cagliari midfielder, Barella, best fit for us, won't come until end of season. Get the Zenit bloke instead, not as good, but available now, so instant gratification.
    Play Odoi, he's got the hump and will run down his contract. Two weeks ago he was "promising and with more work could fight for a place'. Bayern want him now, will play him now and will pay 40mill." He must be OK then, so why isn't he playing?"
    Ampadu, suddenly Sarri decides" he could be Jorghinos replacement", but a week ago, he couldn't get a start for love nor money.
    Boy our management is ****ed up. Not a clue on how to rebuild, blend old and new, take 2 seasons to consolidate, everything is about "now, quicker, buy someone, don't wait for the best one , get the next best."
    Worked for Roman for 15 years, but not anymore, now other teams have more money, more patience, better planning, lower expectation levels, less egos' to massage, top notch managers, Directors of Football, and more football knowledge.
    Can't just buy a bigger boat to sort that ego problem out Roman !!!!
    Will we ever learn????
    I doubt it, but it makes life interesting.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Bodinki likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree with this 100%.

Other clubs are getting their **** together.
    It was okay when all we had to compete with was Man United, managed by an ageing SAF.
    Now we have 3 or 4 other clubes who could win the league, teams that have money, are organised, and can plan ahead.
    Buying the first expensive as **** buzz name is no longer going to be enough to get titles.
    We need to start playing some youth, and we need to start being smarter with our recruitment in general. Too many expensive flops.

3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

There’s about 15 other Premiership clubs that would like the ‘problems’ we’ve got. For the 15 years under Roman and for about 8 years before him Chelsea FC have been fielding some real top class players for our perusal. I’ll remain as a supporter happy with the way things are.

What I’m not happy with is the 6pm Sunday evening kick off for the FA Cup game against Sheffield Wednesday.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

I love the 6pm kick off cause it's early morning here, and I can sit in the sunrise with a coffee and watch in peace !!!!!

Looking forward to seeing what actually does happen in January, so far mostly talk.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Sky sports saying Higuaín loan deal nearly done and Morata is on his way if the finances can be sorted, I'm gonna start a crowdfunding for Atletico if they cant rustle up the readies.

BobbyD and Gareth1808 like this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Will you take Aussie Dollars??

7. The Ginger Marks

I have some timbaktu Francs, can I chip in?

8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Nope not bored. This season's been far better than last and i dont get bored of the team winning trophies.

Thats not to say i wouldnt mind us going through a drought if it meant we blood some youth

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Nah dude. Takes to long to get here we need rid rapid style. keep em' and buy yourself a good chiller, from what I heard youm gonna need it.

10. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

To answer the op’s question, yes.

We’ve got considerably worse since the opening few weeks of the season. We’re very predictable without a plan B. We’ve just been comfortably beaten by a very, very average Arsenal team. His subs are always the same, Willian, Azpi, Jorginho, Alonso seem to play every week irrespective of form. Sarri needs to start earning his money cause that was rubbish today.

BobbyD likes this.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Indeed it was mate. Square pegs in round holes doesn't help.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

It should be obvious to everyone now that Sarri ball as played by Napoli, is not going to happen at Chelsea.
    Jorghino, the Regista of the style, is out of his depth in the PL ,Kante is wasting his time and the rest of the midfielders we play, apart from RLC, are simply not good enough for a top 4 team. Then there's the strikers, or rather there's no strikers who are Sarri Ball savvy.
    Sarri looks unable to accept this, and while he has a valid point that he needs reinforcements, he continues to play out of form and out of position players game after game. His subs are as predictable as his results, often made too late, and he continues to ignore the potential talent sitting on the bench, talent that might actually help turn around the team with more game time and experience. This is obviously because the Board demand results, and pressures the manager to play the big money players THEY have bought, ignoring the fact some of them are wrong for the system the Manager THEY appointed wants to play.
    It is becoming Conte and Jose all over again, with the Board failing to fully back every manager with their weird transfer dealings, so keeping the merry go round going round. That's Chelsea I suppose, so all we can do is keep watching, keep hoping and keep supporting.

13. The Ginger Marks

Agree with the playing players out of form bit, I missed yesterday’s game (luckily) but looking at the team he went with I knew it wouldn’t end well. I was in the mind of this game was crying out for Kante to play holding midfield with Emerson and Moses as wing backs with Giroud up front with Willian on the right with Hazard on the left and Pedro/ Barkley in the centre.

14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It’s almost as if no one has told Sarri that he has the best cdm in the world in his team.

15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

He shouldn't need telling, it's common knowledge.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  16. chelsea - over 100 years of history

We've got 2 world class players and both being player out of position. Until that's sorted we wont improve. Jorginho on his own in the middle is not working against the best teams (and a lot of the average ones as well). This isn't Italy where the game is slow and you get time.

When Hazard inevitably leaves in the summer I really worry we could go backwards fast.

Sarri is quickly resembling Wenger in his stubbornness.

Jorginho, over 2000 passes this season, no assists. Just let that sink in.

Kante, best DM midfielder in the world as of 6 months ago, now an average right sides midfielder. Criminal.

Sarri will lose a lot of good will if we crash out to Spurs this week, especially with their depleted squad.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes such an annoying time.

Want to go, but kids got school next day.

We’ve seen some amazing players at Chelsea since Matt Harding and Roman invested:

Gullit Zola Jimmy Floyd Cech Robben JT Lamps Maka Drogba Mata Kante Hazard.

Incredible when we were watching Alan Mayes and Graham Wilkins before

18. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

For me it was also the ageing and amazing Samuel Eto’o in 2014 scoring in the 6-0 win over Arsenal, 4-0 win over Spuds and getting the league hat-trick against Man U. Let’s hope Higuan can do similar if we manage to sign him.

19. Chelsea Pensioner

Guidjohnson, Carvallho, Dessailly, Ballack.............

20. Bullet tooth Tony