1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

master.jpg
    Yet another long International break with no football worth talking about. So here’s yet another dreary boring thread to give you somewhere to post your musings about everything Leeds Utd whilst we wait for proper football to start again, and hoping we don’t get any more injuries……. Dallas hurt last night though?

Anyway this weekend I thought I would ask your opinion on the plans Radz has for the club going forward. In an interview this week which has gone under the radar, it seems he wants to go down the route of multiple club ownership. Sounds weird but with my businessman’s head on I can see the upside.

Radz sees himself owning or being heavily involved in France, Portugal, Spain and Italy for a start, with potential for others including USA later. He thinks the Man City (City Group) project of an overall Group controlling Man City with clubs in the MSL and elsewhere as well as football related projects. He’s also big mates with the owners of PSG and how they do it, so has a full knowledge of how to do it and the pitfalls etc. Also as I write this a piece has just been published in 'Marca' clearly stating that Valencia are still in financial meltdown and they have a black hole of £24m that needs filling within 2 weeks. Radz has been mentioned in the piece.....

I can see the upside as long as all the synergies benefit Leeds Utd. For example we can send Leeds academy players out to get experience and we can get players transferred from overseas clubs (Feeder Clubs) into Leeds easier. I would see this working much better if every club owned had exactly the same ethos as Leeds and that goes for coaching and recruitment too. Wouldn’t it be great if these clubs benefited from being set up in the way Bielsa would do it. Why couldn’t Bielsa be employed on a consultancy basis to oversee the transformation of any new club Radz takes on as part of the ‘Leeds Group’ Look at the way the Pozzo family deal with Udinese and Watford and how fast players move between the 2 clubs and obviously transfer fees will be just as high or low as they need to be to beat any financial fair play rules.

These things take time and it may be that Radz buys another club next year. This would obviously be done with investment from either the 49ers or his mates at QSI. We also need to remember that Bielsa may have left the club but by using his model of how to set up a club from the ground up will be important. That’s why I would imagine Bielsa would still have some input. Coaching is a huge thing and making sure they teach kids the right things is important too, so coaching right from the kids to the top needs doing properly. No point in coaching a player to do X when that will be useless at club Y.

So the question is, do you think Radz should calm down and look after Leeds, or is part of looking after Leeds thinking about the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2020
    old sea dog likes this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I think Radz has already demonstrated that he can unravel the past, wonderfully manage the present, & organise the future - all at the same time. I think it's because of this approach that he has been so successful. I have no qualms re. his capability.

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

4. lifecheshirewhite

Boo ? Halloween was last week you don't scare us, and you're only getting a treat if you watch us beat the Arsenal next week.

Lovearsenalcock and 2 pennth like this.
  5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think for a rare change, this International break has come at the right time for Leeds. Two big defeats, without key players, and Bielsa / Pablo fighting.

Lets hope we can sort it all out before the Gunners game.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

How are we supposed to sort anything out when most of the players are out of the country. Last thing we needed was an international break <doh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Not this time mate as Llorente, Rodrigo, Phillips and most of the others like Rahinah are still at TA. So lets assume Llorente is going to be fit and being coached ready along with Struijk. Rodrigo doing what Rodrigo does. phillips should also be training.....

8. Eireleeds1

Cooper and Koch both away and considering Bielsa admits himself that the defence is a problem, those two are a part of that problem. Also hasn’t Llorente been ruled out for another few weeks

9. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Think we all know Radz got extremely lucky with the BIelsa appointment.

If we were still in the Championship he'd probably be facing financial ruin. Marcelo would have left and we'd be stuck with a huge wage bill with most players on 4/5 year deals and virtually no income due to covid.

Now the reality is we simply must survive in the PL...otherwise we will have just deferred being f*cked by a year.

So to answer your question Doc...yes Radz should focus solely on Leeds United and nothing else.

Gessa, 2 pennth, FORZA LEEDS and 3 others like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The not getting promotion comment is very valid. Just look at the clubs who recently gambled and lost. Villa just made it or would be bust by now, Derby gambled for 2 seasons and failed and now sit near the bottom of the league. Wendies tried one season and it cost them points deductions and now still fighting relegation. Stoke are lucky they have money behind them, Birmingham still struggling, Swansea still struggling and close to FFFP rule breach, WBA only just made it, QPR and Forest in trouble

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Anyone hear the story about how Bates sold to the wrong arabs? Apparently the guys who bought Sheff Utd were in talks to buy Leeds and Bates sold to GFH because David Haigh was English and a Leeds fan. Haigh was a Man Utd fan born in Salford and is a liar by nature. Bates was a racist old robber and thought it would be easier dealing with Haigh. The guys who bought the blunts have done a great job.....

12. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Lucky or an inspired Victor idea? There are certainly worse teams than Leeds in the PL based on what I've seen so far. I hope we survive but most of all I hope we learn, I stand to be corrected, but there are only Bamford, Costa and Hernandez who have previously played in the PL. Pablo, like all of us, is getting a little bit older and a little bit wiser but significantly for a footballer a little bit slower as well and so we are left with a couple of players who haven't exactly shone in there previous periods in the PL. If we remain in the PL then we need a new coach, sacrilege I here you say, and it would be too if we let Bielsa go before he has mentored his successor for at least one season.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think we were by far the best team in the Championship last season and a deserving PL team this season. We have brought in some top quality to enhance our team, however we fell well short in a couple of games against PL clubs who will not be relegated this season. We fell short due to a small squad hit by injuries end of story. If we had been well beaten by 2 teams fighting to stay up I would be worried, but we lost to one club who will probably finish top 6 and another team who have gradually built a squad that will be at least mid table. We have also lost to Wolves a club who will deffo be top 10 and Liverpool who will probably win the league again. We drew with another title contender so not worrying until we have a full team again and getting beaten by clubs at the bottom.

The aim is to stay up, not panic :emoticon-0148-yes:

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  14. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I'm sure we'll be fine but we wont be getting to the levels that sniffer anticipates, not at the moment.

Doc likes this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Actually, Palace have struggled to stay up most seasons. I thought that was a poor result against a team I’d expected to get at least a point from (excluding the London hoodoo of course).

Normanbitmyleg70 likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

An indication of the way the gap has widened each season between divisions. I certainly didn't expect the gap to be as big as it is, maybe a surprise for Bielsa too

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Palace have bought well and improved every season. This is arguably Palaces best side and when you saw the difference between the benches it was a mile wide. A couple of players on £100kpwk for a start.they even have an ex England captain from Chelsea who we would have all been glad of if we could have afforded him and his wages when he was at Chelsea. So this season I disagree as I believe Palace will be well safe

Gessa likes this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Didn't Rodrigo play in the PL with Bolton?

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  19. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Take the 4-1 results with a pinch of salt guys.

The Leicester one, contrary to the media, was actually a very close game. We hit the bar at 1-2 and I genuinely think we would have got something if that had gone in. We were completely dominant at that point. The two late goals were just a result of us throwing caution to the wind.

The Palace game was just one of those days. Lots went wrong for us. Lots went right for Palace.

Throw in the Wolves game where we lost to a deflected shot after dominating the first half and having our fair share of the second half and we haven't done too badly.

Get some players back in and lady luck shining on us and we will be fine.

foolee and Doc like this.
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

They may well be safe but they’re going to be little more than mid table so if we’re getting beat 4-1 by them then it suggests we will be in a relegation battle. I think we need to prepare ourselves for a season where survival is everything. Some were getting carried away.