1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amazing away support -Barton style

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bigmackem, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

Whilst criticising almost all aspects of Tuesdays match , at least Mr Barton thanked his amazing away support - all 179 of them . Rather than his ramblings during the post match interviews he could have thanked them on an individual basis - it would have been quicker . Realise your disappointment Mr Barton that your master plan came unstuck right at the end but be magnanimous and accept that your time wasting and frustrating tactics backfired despite a weak referee who at least had the strength to play a MINIMUM 6 Minutes . No disrespect to the Fleetwood supporters who came and backed their team its just a shame that you have an ignorant manager who commands no respect due to his conduct , whilst doing a good job for your club I think he should settle himself down and he would possibly become a better manager .

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I'd like to believe his gum chewing baseball capped drivel is all an act ...

... sadly I think it's just how he is.

He comes across like a stroppy Scouse teenager acting the big man and thinking he's absolutely hilarious.

He's so desperate to appear witty and controversial it's just embarrassing.

3. Roker choker

Roker choker Active Member

Like his appearance on Question time or when he was a regular on talk sport

4. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Another player like Mick Quinn who's not from the area and played more games for other clubs ...

... but latches onto Newcastle because he knows the Mags will lap up anything anti-Sunderland.

What a pair of heroes those two are, Barton has never won a major trophy or honour and never will.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    MrRAWhite and DH4 like this.
  6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

His interview was quite funny when he said "Yeah I'm Newcastle Mad" then, about 30 seconds later said "I'm a mad Evertonian" make your mind up man!!!

I said on the other thread but it's definitively true - Between him and Bowyer, I personally think both are doing decent jobs - but Bowyer is decent enough to keep things completely professional and the "ex mag" thing never comes up, Barton digs at SAFC at almost every opportunity. They discussed it on Total Sport last night and went through their side - and the fact that he says "if I was managing Sunderland" all the time. He couldn't handle us as he'd be a small fish in a big pond. We'll leave him in his fish bowl until June the 1st when, hopefully, he's put away for a lengthy spell and disappears from the world of football forever!!

DH4 likes this.
  7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Hopefully he goes to prison in June and banned from football.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  8. Roker choker

Roker choker Active Member

It's because "they undastaand "

DH4, Smug in Boots and MrRAWhite like this.