1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ale out again!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Shawswood, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Another ACL on the official
    Good job we didn't risk him against Burton
    Oh wait....

2. Kampala Hoop

Kampala Hoop Active Member

Stupid decision to play him. One of our only cultured midfield players shouldn't be sent out against lumpers in the cup. (All credit those lumpers are better than us)

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I'll break my football purdah on this one - desperately sad for Ale, this must be crushing for him. For what I have seen a good man as well as being, in my view, by some distance our best midfielder, and one of the few squad members with a history with the club.

I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery and returns to the team, but who could blame him if he called it a day?

4. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Gutted for him, 3rd one now. Realistically that's got to be it for his career now surely, it only seems to get worse

5. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Omg the poor bloke must be distraught.

6. South Africa Road Block F

As hard as it is to say, I don't believe he'll be able to fulfil the abundance of potential he had after this recent set-back.

7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody Hell, just as he was regaining his form and looking like the player we all remember......

Sadly, I doubt we will see him play again.....

8. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Goodbye Ale and thank you very much for the memories.

Long life and happiness but that's the end of your footballing career very sadly.

10. Sawbo R

Sawbo R New Member

Absolutely gutted for the guy. Every time he gets back to full fitness he gets struck down again.
    I would be very surprised if he is able to come back again after this.

11. 4StringR

4StringR Active Member

[video=youtube;F1iC7SzZ4N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1iC7SzZ4N8[/video]

12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Terrible news for Ale this. Seems from what it says on the Official his knee seemed stable but the scan showed a new separate rupture in his left knee.

The only good news for the Club is that the timing of this gives us chance of replacinghim before the window shuts. We seem desparately short of technical quick and good passing players in our midfield, especially now the best we have is out again.

13. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

3rd ACL more or less one after another, clearly a fundamental underlying weakness. If it wasn't against Burton it would have been against someone else. Sad but his QPR career is surely over. Is his contract up at the end of the season?

14. SRR

SRR Well-Known Member

Heartbroken for him. He must be absolutely devastated. He has never been given the opportunity to fulfil his potential because of his injuries. A great footballer and from what I have seen and heard a fantastic human being. That news has set me up for a day's work..............I fell absolutely f**ked off now.

15. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I thought the same. Better for us it happened then and not next week after the window closes, IF it were destined to happen anyway.

16. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

Unbelievable, gutted for him. This may finish him as he must have an inherent weakness with his knees.

This must mean that Harry has to get in at least two more midfielders and try to get rid of Henry who I think is one that Harry is saying should take catch a bus with a one way ticket away from Loftus Road

17. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

Once is bad luck, two in two seasons is terrible luck, three in three seasons is a sign that he has serious issues with his knees, he will probably try and come back but it'll always be in his mind and he will never be able to be a fully comitted player on the pitch. Shame really as we never got to see his full potential and probably never will.

18. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Gutted for him but as cirrai abu said earlier it would have possibly gone against someother team. His knees were just not meant to be last. Ale is a real superhoop and is always be remembered as one. Sadly this must be the end of his career. Hope he could continue in the club in some other task, like a coach or a scout.

19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

For anyone who hasn't read Clive Whittingham's report:

On Wednesday night Harry Redknapp selected Ale Faurlin from the start, fresh back from his second ruptured cruciate knee ligament injury in as many seasons, and then watched as the Argentinean pulled up holding his knee in the corner after chasing back a tired ball he’d given away. Even then, with Faurlin in discomfort, they seemed initially to be wondering if he could “run it off”. Rangers were painfully slow to get him off the field and Leroy Fer on – Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan down on the touchline, turning to Redknapp at the back of the main stand and shrugging. Redknapp, forced to stand up and do something, shrugging back at them. f**ing amateur hour.

20. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

If it was going to go again it makes no difference who did what, sadly, it really does look like the end now for one of our classiest players of the last two decades...