1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Acworth Thread part 2

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by JONATHAN P ACWORTH, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathan acworth

jonathan acworth Active Member

stevenage are a dirty little team they like off the ball incidents by winding up the opposition,laird will do runs so we got keep an eye on him ,most of their play will go through roberts,bostwick and freeman whos a young striker,beardsley their top goalscorer this year so i think its going be a tough gae i reckon could come unstuck here i hope im wrong on that .Ive got flu so im not going today but should be attending next home game if all goes well ponders i pm u re that game

2. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Do that, Jon. I will be happy to meet up with you.

Beardsley went off early with an injury.

All the best, pal.

3. jonathan acworth

my book-The highs and lows of being a charlton fan be out from MARCH 5TH 2012 PRICE £6.99 with a quid every copy sold going straight back to cafc ive got 40 boxes ariving first thing monday just in time for colchester game so if all goes well we could start selling copies at the colchester game

4. jonathan acworth

fans spread the word re the new book lets make charlton a few grand

5. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

I'm very much looking forward to it JA - I'm glad all of your hard work has paid off

Have you enquired about an advertisement in the Programme perhaps? Could be worth while...

6. jonathan acworth

thanks kish it should be out on monday latest by thursday next week got go around all the shops and were going set up a website where you can order a copy using recorded i think like ebay does i dont know yet until i go around their monday.Good idea re the programme was thinking doing that with an address and website contact details so if you want order copies through the site u can.i didnt relalise how stressfull its been actually putting this together,i first thourght of the idea one day at my mums house she had 200 odd snaps i had taken from the 70s to now ,so we went through all the good photos and put them together in a glossy type special edition type mag like the arsenals and tottenham mags.I thourght the fans should have these snaps which ive taken they are superb and loads of happy memories from the leeds play off final game in first top flight season to the sunderland game ive taken really nice snaps of our time at wembley some suprises as well like a famous people page and the chris powell day to a lovely photo of the valley which is just brilliant.Ive listed all the players charlton have signed from the time ive started watching them.Dont forget im putting something back into the club so every copy i sell a quid goes straight back into the club.I will next few weeks go around all the local shops in the area see if they can sell it like the charlton cafe libral club and a few others even the newsagent next to the chip place.My family will try and get waterstone interested as well got send one off to hq see what think once copies arive monday.Thank u for your support on this book its a collectors item and a must for any charlton fan who likes our history.

7. The Kish

Well for £6.99 I'll buy it... Sounds like a lot of love and devotion has gone into it and I hope it's a success <ok>

8. jonathan acworth

thanks kish be a website soon being designed so u can order copies

9. Addick_Stu

Addick_Stu Active Member

JA - count me in mate - i'll buy one.

10. jonathan acworth

blimey stu buying my book----will do i be setting up a web site from next week where you can send yr cash using a pay pall service my brother in law doing it for me so i think it be ok as hes done stuff for the dein family so all info be on their.I will be at the ground tuesday selling a few so u might see me i pm u

11. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

This is fantastic news, Jon. I am made up for you and applaud your determination in seeing the project through to its conclusion. You can count me in for a copy - as long as you sign it for me!
    My book is released in the early Summer so I shall count you in for a copy, eh?

I am well chuffed for you, pal.

12. Addick_Stu

Addick_Stu Active Member

Yes, its a fantastic effort, and i fully applaud you.

Ponders, put me down for a copy of yours too.

13. jonathan acworth

thanks stu and ponders u can have signed copies u going game tuesday?

14. Addick_Stu

Addick_Stu Active Member

No mate - got real pressures at work at moment, so weekdays are out, as its quite a trek for me to get to The Valley - but let me know - send me a PM when you are ready, and we can sort it out maybe for me to pick it up from The Valley later in season.Looking forward to reading it.

15. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Member

Ponders, whats your book called ? Can I pre-order it on Amazon mate ?

16. The Kish

17. jonathan acworth

henry irving charlton life answer to your question my book is out this week getting 40 boxes delivered so should be around the ground next few weeks their be a website where u can place an order using barclays pay pall service and will send u a copy including p & p rec delivery like ebay use were hopefully might soon be able put it in waterstone branch if the meeting goes well next week i keep everyone informed

18. jonathan acworth

song for kermit those happy feet feel like dancing showing my age.....

19. The Rifleman

The Rifleman Member

20. jonathan acworth

i had a think earlier today who do u think be in each division come 4 years time?i reckon dartford and welling could find themselves in league 2 who do u think go on a slide from prem i reckon wigan or blackburn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.