1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Acworth Thread part 2

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by JONATHAN P ACWORTH, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathan acworth

jonathan acworth Active Member

////////////////

2. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

I know this has zero to do with Charlton or even JA...

But some of you will have noticed me scandalously place links to my blog on not606 before - I'm loathe to sometimes since this a football site but I know you're a lovely bunch and most of you are open to the odd bit of distraction

We've now got a Facebook page for the blog/site so if anyone would kindly like that then you can keep up to date with any new articles >
    If anyone's actually read and enjoyed the original article then I'd be very grateful if you could check out my writing page >

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sendawaythetigers/260634910652832

We have some semi-interesting articles coming up soon including two interviews with actual real people this time (Comedian Richard Herring talks about his new tour and Musician/DJ Andy Lewis on his solo project and working with Paul Weller), a lovely article on The Daily Mail and an avant-garde audience participation piece on Zombies.

Thanks.

''THE PROBLEM WITH SILENCE IS THAT WE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE.'' HANIF KUREISHI

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Come on Kish, SELL it to us <laugh>

4. jonathan acworth

even i go on it if u want.

5. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Hello JA,

How is baby doing? And the missus?

6. jonathan acworth

hi ponders yes everyones fine the baby is lovely upto around 15 now and is gurgling and trying to say the odd word now and then .the wifes fine ,my u know what be out hopefully in march ive also got some filing in september looking forward to pm me and i meet u next home game i go to

7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Are you sure you haven't taken Arry Redknapp home by mistake?

8. jonathan acworth

heres a trivia question for u i bet u cant name radio one djs since it first started?

9. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

you win. i cant.

10. jonathan acworth

good programme about to start royal marines operation afghanistan ch 5

11. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Looking forward to your book JA :) I think its been asked before, but will the book only be available in the Charlton store or will it be online/in a few book shops?

Hope all is well <ok>

12. jonathan acworth

cheers ww had some good news week of the 5th march hopefully be in shops being delivered next week .Should be in waterstone greenwich branch or bluewater and dont forget a quid go straight back to a charlton charity with every copy sold so im putting something back into the club

13. jonathan acworth

i only watched first half due to new baby keeping us busy -but we have a massive problem up front in my view the front two goals have dried up and i think we seriously start changing it around a bit ,perhaps have danny haynes up front and get in loan striker.I think the striker situation seriously should be looked at over the summer.If u where boss who would u bring in up front ?i wouldnt mind seing dj campbell from qpr in the summer hes not going get a look in at qpr is he?

14. jonathan acworth

from this squad who do u think be transfered in the summer and who u think cp bring in?

15. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Please don't start talking about bringing in loan strikers Jon haven't we got enough already? Now.... I wonder if Chesterfield would be interested in taking Leon Clark on loan?

16. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I think Kermorgant's level is The Championship, he's far too good for this league in my eyes, but his job isn't to score goals, its to create them. His form hasn't dropped at all, he's just simply not scoring. Bradley Wright-Phillips hasn't scored in a while but dropping him for too long will really dent his morale and make him even less likely to score.

That said, I'd give Haynes a starting place instead of Bradley Wright-Phillips in the next game, or else play Haynes and BWP up front and drop Kermit to the bench.

17. cafc4ever

cafc4ever Member

How about this for a team for saturday

Hamer
    Solly Taylor Morrison Wiggins
    Russell
    Hollands Jackson
    Hayes
    BWP Kermo

18. jonathan acworth

good news people had confirmation today my book is being delivered on the 5th march 40 odd boxes at present so should hopefully be around the ground fro that week if anyone wants a copy be setting up a website where u can send cash through and will send u a copy through the post be a bit like ebay system where it be sent recorded

19. Belvedere to Charlton and back again!

Tbh i think the only striker in our squad good enough for the championship is Kermogant! the rest have found their level in league one and although all our strikers have played in the Championship none have a good scoring record and this worries me very much!

20. jonathan acworth

the new stadium proposals for greenwich seem very impresive i would love for charlton fc to move into the new ground it holds 40,000 which if we move in will i think put charlton back on the map just in time for premiership return,we could also make some 30mil selling the valley which i would like to see put back into the team.On a lighter note i see vassell and harewood in talks i havent seen much of these two so im hoping fans can let me know if they can do a job for the rest of the season .Good luck for the game tom i love to have gone to this but got help with chours in doors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.