1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Acworth articles

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by jonathan acworth, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I thought it was just a poor stream I was watching - thanks for clearing that up (not the most appropriate statement <laugh>)

2. i thourght he said good stuff on charlton worth putting up on here

3. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i'd have to say JA, at least he talks sense. Would rather listen to him than the ramblings of a mad man

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

and a seriously good midfielder for Norwich <ok>

He is one of the few that can actually play a game better than he can talk it <laugh>

5. Charltonpat

Charltonpat Member

This is my own thread,so im going put any new topics in here -save creating new ones.This will give other people a chance to start up threads ,i will reply to some if want have a debate etc.people are welcome to leave replies in here wiith what ive said along the comming weeks so people no need to leave im doing this for the good of the forum

Like I said before Ryan, deliberately breaks his own rules.

6. Glovepup

Glovepup Member

Exactly, so when I say he needs to stop he starts an attack on me and Charlton Live. Which is a joke!

7. Charltonpat

Charltonpat Member

I just wonder how long other posters would survive Glovepup if they posted multiple threads on the board having agreed to put all articles in the one thread. It seems like special treatment and deliberate flouting of the rules to annoy everyone else to me. More's the pity.

8. i will keep any new topics in here from now on ---------------

9. IA

IA Active Member

<laugh>

It wasn't that foggy at the actual match. The thought never occurred to me that the ref would've called it off.

10. it was very foggy what it looked like on tv im suprised the game went ahead -why didnt they put flood lights on?anyone see john helm in the directors box he commentated on charlton vs leeds if i rem

11. paul charlton live i will take note what u said and i will try and be good on here if any new threads i will put in this section acworth articles i am trying and have been very good of last few weeks i apologise if i made any comments that offended charlton live or any other people on here today,im so pleased with our performance today got a bit carried away with the fa cup -peace to all

12. IA

IA Active Member

That's nice.

In real life, there was no need for floodlights or for the match to be called off. A bit misty, that's all.

13. Glovepup

Glovepup Member

Apology accepted JA, but I do hope you'll stick to it. I do hope you'll do as you say, but I have a feeling of de ja vu.

14. 56 years an addick

JA, I have been to matches where the other end was almost out of view. If the ref can see both ends from the middle he will allow it.Having said that there were no camera at these games. anyway it was easy to see the other end from behind the goal. Suggest you get a neq TV or clea your glasses or sut nearer to the TV

15. 56 years an addick

Dear me JA. His father was or is Don Townsend, a right half in the fifties in Div 1. Thought you had written a book on CAFC. Did u bone up? I saw him as a kid.

16. i will stick to it but i will answer to other peoples threads -i will just start one in here and people can respond to it i just got carried away with fa cup weekend im like a little kid when it comes to the f a cup its the only cup comp i like

17. 50s before my time im afraid 56 years im 40 so my first game was late 70s

18. thats a good idea about book of the 50s for the older generation i think their is one out at present which ive seen a copy of

19. im sure i seen fog today on the box just behind goal where terracing was ! rem when we had all that rain and **** comming down still game went on

20. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I think teams should attach turret-guns to their floodlights, to shoot down any birds which are ****ting all over the pitch.

Rain is fine though...