1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aber's Music Thread x3

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by H bomb, Feb 10, 2012.

1. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

All is well (reasonably anyway!!!) thanks Aber. Some interesting video's posted lately (the David Icke one was certainly worth a watch, didn't agree with all of it mind, but certainly makes you think). Music is top notch as usual. I do like a bit of Tom Russell...I'm a bit of sucker for the 'troubador' sort of singer....Woodie Guthrie, the old blues singers, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Townes Van Zandt, Bob Dylan, Steve Earle etc etc & Tom Russell reminds me of all of these (probably not in the same league as most of them, though). Anyway he's well worth a listen.

Love the line in this song 'If a man can't piss in his own back yard, he's living too close to town

And this one reminds me of the relationship I had with my late father...

Have a good weekend fellas.

Stumpy likes this.
  2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

great hearing your doing ok butty, and its great 2know you gave david icke a chance.....once you give him a chance you will see he`s no nutter just someone the media didn't want saying what he does (i wonder why)....the true beauty of life is we are all different in small ways so we will never agree on everything but one thing we can do is listen and digest then our own conscience will do the organising of whats wrong and whats right hopefully........trouble is we have so much issues in our own lives we haven't got the time 2 look at the bigger picture>>>>>>Rothschild and other freemasons keeps thy house of cards standing

cheers for the tom track butty.....have a good weekend <ale>

whiffletree likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Have to agree re David Icke, he's been hunted down for decades because of his views. Like Whiff I agree with most but Lizards? maybe its a metaphor.

Good to hear your doin well Whiff, keep putting one foot in front of the other and taking your time to get where your goin. As for me, I'm bored out of my box right now, better half is keeping me sane by making me laugh. I'm boxing so far above my weight there someone should have stopped the fight years ago, I'm grateful no one did, sometimes I get all religious about it, but not for long, this daemon certainly lucked out.

Beth Orton's her Girl

See you on the other side Guys when, hopefully, I wont be such a maudlin dick <ok>

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    whiffletree likes this.
  4. aberdude

<laugh>.....why not lizards stumpy dude im up for any info that's at least a little interesting>>>>>when ive heard him explain this theory it does start 2 make some sense,,,,, after all......for thousands of years we have claimed people can change form and not just lizard form lots of other animals.......is it in a pure form or just an inner self?........I`d go for the later and once I started doing some of my own research into the lizard theory I was finding stuff like we have a reptilian brain section added 2 the human brain.....this seems according 2 science act if stimulated as a dominance character we can use and take on .....now assuming the elite have kept this a secret whilst dumbing down our own brain with religion propaganda, then fluoride and other chemicals we digest then I see how this power and dominance over the masses can be reached especially if they control the worlds money education business war machine and media at the same time.

"The reptilian brain, the oldest of the three, controls the body's vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance. Our reptilian brain includes the main structures found in a reptile's brain: the brainstem and the cerebellum".

all in all its up 2 the individual 2 make their own conclusion but 2make a true conclusion one must take on all forms of evidence and not just your regular media bias,........but question everything is my moto especially if the info is coming from the big business juggernaut behind our so called political democracy.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    whiffletree and Stumpy like this.
  5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I get the lizard brain dude. Its our first attempt at a brain when we split into multi celled beings, even before we were fish. It controls all the automatic programming stuff that doesn't need self awareness. It runs our instincts which are simply automatic responses to the needs of our bodys.

Evolved on top though is the id, that part of our brain which enables self awareness. That's where the I in me comes from. It interprets the order neurons spark and fire from the stimulation of touch, taste, sight and sound. These responses can sometimes be controlled and it is this control which creates choice which is the spark for emtional growth. In making our choice we can decide on a preference, to remember this we need memory to store our preferences for future use, from this we need to be able to recall our choices, but we may decide to make another choice, to change our mind, then through choosing and changing our choices over time our minds grew until it became self aware and was able to ask "what do I want".

This ability to choose is not in a Lizard Brain so it never evolved an Id, an I or a me, it just carried on doing the mundane where choice is not an option. I reckon them there zombies we love so much just use their lizard brain, they have no self awareness and live on instinct alone.

Why I don't think there's skin wearing 'Lizard' around Abber, coz a Lizard brained human is just a walking dead zombie imo. Its why I think references made to Lizards is a metaphor referring to the emotionaless, numb, sick bastards who are ****ing up my kids world.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    whiffletree likes this.
  6. aberdude

its good 2see you've done your research dude unlike some who make thy opinion up based on the books cover,......I like your theory on this and im inclined 2 think your on your right track, trouble is we will struggle for any truths because of the people in power don't seem 2 want anything discussed that's not 2 do with the agenda in hand...........................like icke has said many times thinking out side of the box is looked down upon and not once has he been giving a difficult question at any of the oxford union debates which he puts down 2 a governed education system dumbing down our capacity 2 think for ourselves on an open level.

I liken us 2 the walking dead stumpy...........we just exist scrapping a living working until we die, when the living really enjoy this planets finest luxuries with 99 percent of this worlds wealth........what I do know is somethings fking wrong with this world and its not down 2 david ickes lizard theory <laugh>

7. aberdude

8. aberdude

9. aberdude

lol.....rather this than a Katie Hopkins cnn argument tbh.....

off out 2the dam for a few days 2morro......yippee!!! bush doctor here I come

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  10. whiffletree

My favorite Bob Dylan song sung by a brilliant singer....what more could you want:

This version is none too shabby either:

Stumpy likes this.

11. aberdude

whiffle love both versions butty nice one <ok>........im stuck in Bristol fking airport......what a shi.t hole this place is jammed fking packed yuh,,,,,,,even so im fking excited 2 get my first joint down my lungs......c u Friday dudes <ok>

Stumpy likes this.
  12. whiffletree

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

Picked this gem up second hand LP on the weekend. First bought it at bargain price in about 1971-72 ish. Haven't heard it for at least 30 years.
    A lot of it is not on youtube which is a shame. Some are though:

Stumpy likes this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Great stuff Whiff, love that southern rock

Elvin Bishop one of my all timers along with the Allman Brothers.

Video wouldn't play but saw this on TV recently beielive it or not. So much rhythm, they could play in thos days. Fantastic

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    whiffletree likes this.
  14. whiffletree

Thats spot on.....top notch mate..

Another of my faves:

Maybe men in our condition shouldn't watch the video, though.

Stumpy likes this.
  15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Wish I could go back in time and go see these again

whiffletree likes this.
  16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

17. whiffletree

Now were talking Stumpy...saw most of those, back in the day...sort of mid 70's to mid 80's my prime I suppose.

Good memories...why do I feel so old though!!!!!

Stumpy likes this.
  18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I'n so grateful to have seen so many incredible bands in the dark 70's. UK Heavy Rock ruled the airwaves on radio Luxumberg, Caroline, John Peel and not forgettting the greatest show on earth the magnificent "old Grey Whistle Test"

19. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

whiffletree likes this.
  20. aberdude

see you guys have been busy since ive been busy smoking the dam dry...........<nice one dudes>