1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aberdeen v Celtic: (belated) match thread

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Psychosomatic, Apr 17, 2011.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

who won Motm yesterday?

Diamond is off to Hearts anyway isn't he. He did show promise. Maybe he should have moved a long time ago to fulfil it.

2. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

I'll tell you one thing about Aberdeen. If the rest of the players worked as hard as and showed as much passion as Chris Maguire they wouldn't have lost 4-0.

Now, I'm not saying he's a good player. He's a decent enough young player. But you could see his frustration on Sunday when he was running his socks off and the rest of the Aberdeen players were just giving possession away and giving stupid free kicks (and penalties) away.

Old Broony has his work cut out in the summer replacing quite a few of those players.

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Maguire worked his balls off but with 10 men they just couldnt get anyone close to him. I can understand his frustration which is why he can be forgiven his **** talk after the game.

4. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

Wait. “Celtic-minded” is code for Roman Catholic?

Now look here, I was pretty sanguine about having Celtic fans in the Aberdeen team, okay, but Catholics? We must hunt these Pittodrie papists down, Dev, and kill them very, very firmly. It’s the only way. (The mask slips, revealing a seething, spit-soaked sectarian behind the gently-crafted facade......)

Thanks for all the other stuff you said, by the way. We should hook up sometime and talk about all this footy stuff over a nice hot cup of sex. (No, seriously, thanks.)

5. Psychosomatic

I don’t know who was man of the match, Rebelbhoy. You’ll forgive me, I trust, for avoiding all post-match analysis and subsequent newspaper coverage (save for the article Dev linked to).

I’d heard that about Diamond, as well, although the only place I’ve seen it mentioned is on 606. Maybe I’ve missed it in the newspapers, I don’t know, but I’d certainly be happy enough to see him move to Hearts. It may revitalise his disappointingly stalling career, who knows?

6. Psychosomatic

That’s probably true, Stereo. There is a lingering suspicion – despite what I may have said earlier – that some of these players are shirkers and simply don’t try hard enough. The point, however, is that they do this against everyone, week in and week out. They’ve certainly slipped back into their bad old ways in the last couple of weeks and the season can’t really end soon enough.

I’m fairly confident – in a way that I’ve not been for a very long time – that Craig Brown knows what he’s doing, however, and will strengthen the team in the close season. He (Brown) has been our best signing for ages, despite the fact he acted like an utter fanny towards the Motherwell chairman a few weeks back. It was like Lennon and McCoist all over again, save for the wall-to-wall condemnation.

McGuire stood out yesterday, you’re right. He is occasionally – far too infrequently – a shining light in a very bland and uninspiring team. He seemed rather bewildered by the ineptitude of his comrades. Hard to blame him, really.

7. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

The commentator mentioned Diamond moving to Hearts a few times. Poor Hearts!

The good news is that we (Celtic) can look to giving them a good few drubbings with Diamond at the heart of their defence :smile:

8. Psychosomatic

My commentator didn't mention anything about Diamond moving to Hearts, although I ended up watching the game - from the end of the first half onwards - in a language I couldn't understand or properly identify (eastern European, I think).

"The good news is that we (Celtic) can look to giving them a good few drubbings with Diamond at the heart of their defence."

I think even Aberdeen may manage to bag a couple against Hearts if the move goes through.

In my last response to you, incidentally, I mentioned the Motherwell chairman. I temporarily forgot his name, which is, of course, John Boyle. (This is merely admin, don't worry about it.)