1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread a step closer

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

lets try and do Plymouth a favour , whilst beating one of our boggy teams and stuff Walsall.

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I thought we were the better side today and am a bit disappointed we did not snatch the win at the end. We got caught a fair bit on the ball in the first half and I thought Docherty was fouled at the start of the move for their goal. Nevertheless, it was one of many awful goals we have given away all season as they carved through the middle of our defence very easily. We improved in the second half and were in command of the midfield and pretty comfortable in defence. At last a ball dropped for us in the box and the right man was in the right place to knock it in. Docherty was as busy as usual but I would give MOTM to Golbourne who I think was real quality second half. Coventry were surprisingly ordinary for a side with play-off aspirations and never really threatened apart from the goal. Finally I thought the Town support was excellent today, both in numbers and noise generated.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

yes i saw the goal on the highlights, he ran through three players unchallenged then her layed the ball off rain the box. as you we have conceded so many soft goals this season but equally we have had so many games were we have not turned up for 45 minutes ,today we waited to the last 15 minutes of the first half to wake up.

4. Zenfootball2

when i heard the result at the match i thought they had stayed up, it is horrible when your team gets relegated . sickening to go down on goal difference .
    i hope you bounce straight back up.

Matster likes this.