1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 6 Nations

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Right, nearly the end of the transfer window so time for some new discussions.

I know how much posters on here enjoy their rugby so thought I'd get a thread up. Surprised one hasn't already been started. <whistle>

France first up.

My birthday tomorrow. Mrs Remote asked me if I'd like to go out for a meal. I suggested that given the cold weather, staying in with a bottle of red may be more appealing (sub-text and remaining unsaid : with the TV tuned in to the wales game).
    We've been married for nearly 31 years, so she knows my habits by now. <hug>

In fact, on the day we got married, Wales played France for the grand slam in the then 5 Nations. We lost 10-9. Jean-Patrick Lescarboura scored the French try which meant my Mrs won the sweepstake, so not all bad.

A link between the two games is that the Welsh No 8 tomorrow, Ross Moriarty, is the son of the Welsh No 8 in that 1988 game, Paul. Makes me feel old.:(

What also makes me feel old is that the French centre tomorrow, Romain N'tamack is the son of the great French wing Emile, who I saw play against Wales more than once.

Anyway, I know how much you all love the egg chasing so look forward to a vibrant thread. <devil>

blueturk the cat likes this.
  2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Sorry to rain on your parade Remote but egg chasing?

I would sooner have my piles removed with a rusty blade and no anaesthetic. Ouch!!!

What's on ITV tomorrow night?

You enjoy though mate.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Colonic irrigation is more appealing.

Don't wish to spoil it for you remote, but one of Clingo's enemas would be my choice pal. <ok>

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Id rather watch a 2 hour feckin debate on brexit.

5. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I think the vast majority of the country would disagree with you. <laugh> I like both sports and it takes a blind man to realise that there's a hell of lot that football can learn from rugby. Respect for the Ref and diving are but the tip of the iceberg.

Living in England means that the 6N has a lot more meaning. We look well placed if we can get a win in France, no easy task given that the French are finally beginning to improve. Still think Ireland will be the best and that there wont be too much between the rest (bar Italy). That final week game against could be very tasty if results go Wales way! <ok>

6. BluefromBridgend

Face? Bothered?

Lol!!!

7. ccfcremotesupport

Love it, 'bout time there was a bit of abuse being slung about on here.

Bugger you all, I'll enjoy it anyway. <cheers>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Remote, if it was being played in my garden I’d draw the curtains

You enjoy it though:emoticon-0148-yes:

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  9. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I like the oval ball game at international level, not much time for the club rugby. However, I won't get up at silly o'clock to watch the game tonight.

10. ccfcremotesupport

What's the time difference out to you Taff?
    I quite like club games as well. Watch quite a bit though side the demise of the Celtic warriors have no real allegiance to any of the Welsh regions.
    I'll watch age group rugby, women's rugby, 7s, whatever is on. Only go out of my way to watch internationals but if there's a game on when I'm sat in front of the Tele I'll watch.
    I played the game for 24 years so it's hard to get it out of your system.

So, while I'm sitting there having sang the national anthem, beer in hand, I'll spare a thought for those of you having your piles scraped, having enemas or staring at the inside of your curtains while debating brexit.
    <nahnah><nahnah>

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

BluefromBridgend and Oldsparkey like this.

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Honest question remote.

When it comes down to it and if it had to be one or the other, who would you rather win this weekend, City or Wales?

12. ccfcremotesupport

Ouch.

You know how to put a man on the spot Sparkey.

Tough one. If I thought it would keep us up city all the way. But......
    I enjoy both sports and always want the win. I suppose there's a longer term involvement with the footy, promotion and relegation.
    6 nations is a repeat of last year that will be repeated next. I think the rugby international occasion is more than the footy.
    So, on balance, a city win.

That's a bugger of a question for a Friday morning.

To be honest, there's something that would trump both. Catching a salmon!

Besides sitting down with a beer tonight, I'll also be sat in front of the Tele by 5.30 Saturday, tuned in to BT sports (with more beer).

13. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

@Remote, there is a 7 hour time difference so the Wales game is on at 03:00 here. Before Sparky asks, I do stay late/get up early for the Bluebirds when they are televised here.

14. BluefromBridgend

Catching a salmon?

Taking it down to Masky's level (and where is he anyway?) is that code for something else?

15. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I hate Rugby season <yikes>.

16. ccfcremotesupport

No euphemism blue. I spend quite a bit of time stood in Welsh and Scottish rivers with my rod in my hand.
    Fishing for trout and salmon is a passion of mine.

But it's more or less the same season as football jay.

Quite enjoyed watching the rugby league game between Wigan and st Helens last night. Won't go out of my way to watch it but it was on while I was doing some paper work.
    Now their season IS different.

17. Jay-Rede

Sorry mate, I meant 6 nations time.. When all the numptys come out of the woodwork and claim patriotism when in actual fact all they really want is a giant piss up

"COME ON HENSON, PASS IT TO RYAN GIGGS AND SCORE A TRY"

Half of them don't have the foggiest <laugh>.

Genuine Rugby fans and supporters are fine.. It's the -just an excuse for a piss up- fans I can't stand <-- which is the majority <whistle>. I should have made that clear from the start <cheers>

Hilts24 and BluefromBridgend like this.
  18. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

I'd never seen a rugby match until I moved to Cardiff 40 years ago. My local football team got me a ticket for Wales v Ireland. Got some stick when I went into the local dressed in green! Wales won 9-8 with a penalty near the end (4 points for a try then) and I remember a Welshman crying on my shoulder in Westgate Street after the game. I asked this complete stranger what was wrong and he said " I'm glad we won but you were the better team".
    It was then that I realised how passionate the Welsh are about rugby. Don't know what time we finished partying but the boys looked after me even though I was dressed in red when I got home!
    So I started to watch rugby then and went to a few more international matches and I quite enjoy watching international matches on the telly now. But only if there is no football on.

19. ccfcremotesupport

No worries jay, I guessed what you meant, just pulling your chain.

Agreed that the 'internationals only' brigade can be a pain.

Nothing wrong with having a few beers before / after a game. At least you can without anything kicking off.

On a side topic I see there was quite a bit of trouble at the Everton cup game against milwall. Some nasty injuries.

Anyway, keep the flak coming, I've got broad shoulders and thick skin.:emoticon-0181-fubar

20. Jay-Rede

Hardboiled or fried mate? <whistle><cheers>