1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2017/2018 Squad

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Ron, Apr 30, 2017.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

13 not a bad base to start from when you look at some of the other clubs who will be starting with virtually a whole new team.

2. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I would take Tafi Moore in a heartbeat. Thought he played exceptionally well for us until his injury and may well have kept Harriman out.
    Scarr is a decent defender, but never looked outstanding at League 2 level, so League1?
    Personally I think we need the following
    1. Another keeper (we have been spoilt in the latter years with some of the loanees and though Brown has done a decent job, he is for me an average league 2 keeper)
    2. Another left back. JJ has been hot and cold at times, possibly because he has played virtually every game and has no real competition
    3. Centre back cover - WDH, Muller, McGinely and Scarr going (I know the first two are not confirmed, but likely) leaves us with a gaping hole
    4. Strengthening the midfield - we really miss the likes of Gape and O'Nien when they are out injured. Williams is set to return to his club and the lad we took from Notts County has been ok, but nothing special

The only place we look like we have adequate cover is the front 3
    At least this year we have time on our hands to start negotiating earlier and the promise of league 1 football may encourage some fine development / youth squad players from the Premier / Championship to come to Wycombe, whilst keeping the body of the squad. I could see us bringing in around 6 players to bolster the squad

Guywanderer likes this.
  3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

4 players have been released today Goalkeepers Scott Brown and Henry Newcombe (Who was he?) and central defenders Max Muller and Will De Havilland neither of which is a surprise.

4. philhythe

Looks like Scott Brown had already decided to go.

5. philhythe

Scott Brown signed for Port Vale I can understand why with all that travelling