1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 years ago

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Apr 22, 2019.

1. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Dave would struggle to beat a target set by Shane. Seriously.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

With what you guys have been through recently, taking her to London was the right decision mate. More memories to cherish. I’m sure you’d have gone even if you’d had a crystal ball and knew what the score of that game was going to be :emoticon-0148-yes:

San Tejón likes this.
  3. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

A standout moment for me was the 3 nil away win against Fulham under poch. Was pinching myself at how far we had come with a fair few of the players that had started the journey. Only maybe topped by jpt, championship season and Shane long in Anfield

4. One of yer Norvern Saints

One of yer Norvern Saints Well-Known Member

Like so many others have said or implied there is just too much choice! A day that sticks in my mind is the Forest away game when relegation had already been confirmed. I had picked up a copy of the Non-League newspaper that carried the headline that Saints would be welcome in The Conference (as it was then called). Reading of this potential future really brought home how dire things had become. Yet the Notts County club where the police herded us was buzzing with gallows humour, and when we got to the match the mood continued. Singing "1-0 and we ****ed it up"; "That's why we're going down" and celebrating the late Forest goals was a sign that we were collectively saying "We are Southampton, so come on you bastards, do your worst."

Of course what followed was the stuff of dreams, and we all know where to look for it turning out as it did, yet oddly I was as proud of Saints and the fans that day as any.

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Welcome One of yer Norvern Saints. What a great day that was at Forest. Their fans really didn’t have a clue and were initially bemused by our humour that day. I think their stewards got a little worried by the “and now you’re gonna believe us, we’re going on the pitch” in the last ten minutes.

Fantastic display of stoicism by the Saints fans that day.

6. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. We used to manage a newsagents, at the time, so getting a few days away, sin los niños, was always difficult, so if the time coincided with a match, I took one for the team.
    We are booked to fly to Spain in 7 weeks, give or take, subject to my wife being found fit for travel. Her last chemo treatment is next Monday, followed by a scan mid May, and then we get the results (and a letter for insurance purposes hopefully).

Archers Road and fatletiss like this.
  7. Saint Elsewhere

Saint Elsewhere Well-Known Member

Not a banner moment for the club, but a personal one for me was our 3-2 win against Forest back in 2011 - after a looooong and debilitating illness, my old Ma had been subbed off for the last time earlier that year, and my dad, a lifelong Saint, accompanied me to his first match in years - he hadn't wanted to go for a while because he refused to leave her side. Close game, but we were treated to a hat trick from one of our all time finest, Mr R Lambert - smiles all around and my dad went back to being a season ticket holder the following season. Sport can be very uplifting at times.

8. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

^^^
    This. My favourite reply so far

9. One of yer Norvern Saints

One of yer Norvern Saints Well-Known Member

Absolutely. All the little personal dramas that go on off the field fascinate me. I always find these stories touching as we all have our own, and its a reminder that this bizarre obsession that we share is both meaningless and profound at the same time.

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Huge part of what it's all about for me, so much more than a game.