1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 days

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by City Man, Jun 6, 2016.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I have no idea if they are accurate, but when I've spoken to mirror sports journalists, several said they were from Hull and City fans.

2. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Why?

Two different things for me.

I'm now happy for the Allams to go. No I do not suddenly hate them. They'll leave with my best wishes and gratitude.

I'm happy for Bruce to stay but if he goes, he goes with my best wishes and thanks. If he stays I'm perfectly happy to carry on supporting him and the team.

I don't understand what you're driving at, but as PLT liked it I'm assuming it's a dig.

Without the Allams there'd be no club. Without them there's also have been no Bruce. We've enjoyed an exciting, successful and disappointing time over the past few years, thanks to them.

If you were looking for something different please use better bait.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The point he was making, is would those who have supported the Allams throughout, still support them if it was their antics that were the cause of Bruce leaving.

4. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

10 days that shook the world.

5. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

Probably dates back to the days when Gilbert Johnson was their chief sports hack. He spent most of the time in the bar, either at the club or the Wheatsheaf in Kirk Ella. Rumour had it he had the inside track from the Needlers.

6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

The original post was put on cos it seems that the club is catastrophically underperforming. Nowt to do with budgets or not making automatic, I mean off the pitch.

The club are underselling , underpromoting, undermarketing and have been now for too long.

The council, deliberately or not, are not maximising the relationship and publicity that they could have from City's continued success. Incompetence? Jealousy? Apathy? Sheer ignorance? You choose. But the publicity the football club has generated for the city woukd have cost countless thousands and has reached all corners of the globe...yet between them they cannot even organise a celebration.

Lastly, the fanbase. Split, divided, exhausted, skint, under a cloud, diluted, ****ed about. We should have the biggest and best fanbase in our history, but we have ended up with a muted and modest support that doesn't know whether to boo or cheer, stand or sit, attend or boycott.

7. Happy Tiger

Oh. Why didn't he say that then?

Still a daft question.

I've, as you know, supported the Allams right up until the concession removal, which has annoyed me somewhat. I still admire and respect them for what they've done for the club, but I hope this selling malarkey is sooner rather than later.

I would think considering what's happened during Brucies tenure, nothing currently happening is likely to bother him. He's a manager. He manages. They let him manage. It suits him just fine. If he goes, it's because he wants to, not because of any "antics" of the owners. He might not get on with Ehab, or he might not be arsed one way or the other about Ehab, anything we read about that is purely speculation. Still remains, the only reason Brucie will go is because he wants to.

Like I said, daft question.

Sunbeam-Tiger likes this.
  8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I was with a mate of Ehab's this morning, he said that Ehab doesn't expect Bruce to stay if he doesn't sell the club.

9. Happy Tiger

We all thought he looked finished last season. He's proved himself with getting us up again, he'd leave with his head held high, and I suspect he's not too badly off.

I guess the putting two things together and attempting to make something else out of them, just annoys me.

10. Dublin Tiger (with a gap)

Bloody hell, Ehab's actually got mates? :emoticon-0104-surpr

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Maybe it would have been more accurate to say 'someone who knows him'. <laugh>

12. Dublin Tiger (with a gap)

What a very strange post! :emoticon-0114-dull:

13. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Hull having their best season for a long time (and still attracting the knuckle draggers it seems judging by last night's trouble at Warrington), and we are shepherding people in their direction.
    The sooner we get a new owner who has a clue, the better.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    PLT likes this.
  14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

He's a millionaire, of course he's got mates.

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  15. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

16. Tiger1966

Tiger1966 Active Member

Its time for the Allams to move on. They no nothing about running a football club. Their fortune was made selling diesel engines & they have never understood life long football fans & someone buying a diesel engine are not the same thing to be treated in the same way. I only hope the new owners actually know something about football & enjoy watching football (something Assem Allam doesn't. He has never supported Hull City. He has never been a fan & stood on the terraces like we have year after year). I still think Steve Bruce is not the man to keep us in The Prem long term. Under him I see us surviving 1 or 2 seasons as before. Time has come for City to stop being a yo-yo club. Look at Stoke, they went up with us in 2008 & have been there ever since. City have suffered 2 relegations in that time. We can't afford a 3rd one.

DanKelly and Bengals Tiger like this.
  17. BridTiger

BridTiger Active Member

Bruce will go whilst he is on top unless he gets 20/30 million to spend.
    If we get relegated his stock will go down and attracting another Premiership club would be difficult.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  18. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

To be accurate he said 'a mate'...no suggestion that there are others

19. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

It would not suprise me if the potential new owners are waiting to speak to Bruce about things.

I imagine that Allams have spoke highly of Bruce, and new owners would want to know a - is he staying, to replace him will cost a fair bit, b - how much would it cost to bring in who Bruce wants.

If Bruce says he needs 40mil or so I could see them walking away ( any other manager would want a similar amount of more, especially if players left with bruce), as the price becomes unrealistic.

20. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

If the present owners or new owners are serious of staying in the Prem, the manager will need at least 40mill to spend on quality players. Attracting such players is another problem