1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

10 days

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by City Man, Jun 6, 2016.

1. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Middle of last week SB said he would decide within 10 days (i.e. end of this week) whether he wants to continue or not, having met Ehab Allam last Tuesday.
    In the meantime, no word about whether the Allam family are selling despite apparently having pimped it out for a year or two, offering it for a quid, offering it for nowt etc
    Also no word about the state of any negotiations or how many groups are interested. Is there even a scrap of truth in any of this buy out stuff?
    And also now word about the Membership scheme sales, and no attempt to re-market these now PL football is assured.
    Now I know next to nowt about the marine diesel genny market and how buyers behave, but I reckon football fans thrive on positive news/feelgood factors and the win at Wembley generated industrial quantities of positive feelings and publicity for the club and the city. Yet it's like we lost or got relegated, there seems to be no attempt to capitalise on the win and the fantastic publicity it generated.
    Perhaps because SB is at his villa in Albufeira and the lasses on stilts are busy, there is no one at the club available to bang the drum for Hull City, and we shot our load with the paper clappers at the Derby semi final game?

2. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

It's typical Hull City Tigers bollocks; nowadays everything is done on a need to know basis - just keep repeating the mantra - ''no-one tells them how to run their business'' ...

PLT and dennisboothstash like this.
  3. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

It's bollox isn't it

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Swansea supporters trust have over 20% of the shares in the club and they played no part in any negotiations, I'm led to believe.
    WTF would we get constant updates?
    If it happens it happens.

Steve Bruce will still be here.

The Allams will still be here.

Red top reader likes this.
  5. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

That's the problem

dennisboothstash and Kempton like this.
  6. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Fairly certain in my own mind that the lure of Premier League dosh will have Ehab creaming his pants, that and from what I have heard his ego re owning a footie club for the kudos of it, makes it seem also certain that Ehab aint going nowhere. Brucie on the other hand may have seen enough of the whole circus surrounding the club, and walk away while his stock is high, on the vote we had a little while ago I voted that things will stay the same, with the Allams remaining and Brucie staying as well, the only doubt I have of this is if SB has had enough and can`t be arsed to put up with the antics of the owners any longer.

7. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

I can't see a change

Unless Brucie is given a too hard to resist offer elsewhere. And the other options are drying up quickly...

8. City Man

Not sure anyone has an insight into Ehab Allam's thoughts on running a PL club- it's pure speculation until it comes from a reliable source.
    Like his father, he seems to have neither the aptitude nor the enthusiasm to lead a football club, just a dogged need to possess it.

PLT, Girt Bucket and spesupersydera like this.
  9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

The Allams have always let him manage. As long as theres a transfer pot, which there will be, he'll stay. Why would he want to go to a championship club and battle for promotion again.
    I doubt theres a PL job on offer and i doubt he's seen as sexy enough for most teams.

Red top reader likes this.
  10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Though the numbers are massive, it's pretty much impossible to make a decent profit in the Premier League unless you take the money and run (ala Blackpool/Burnley), even with the increased revenue.

To compete you need a wage bill of £60-70m and £20-30m in fees isn't ridiculous, the money's gone before you know it.

Though I'm sure Ehab enjoys the prestige of owning a Premier League club, there's a decent chance of us coming straight back down again and that puts his investment at risk again. It's a hell of a punt, particularly for someone who's self-evidently **** at running a football club.

I also still think there's a more than a 50/50 chance Bruce will walk if Ehab's in charge.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

This for me is spot on, so let's hope Ehab does the sensible thing and sells up. My feeling is if Ehab does stay, the chance of SB staying is less than 50/50 and he is more than likely to leave.

johnbo likes this.
  12. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

How is it you can never find a golf pro when you need one?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  13. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

When did our fans turn into the same as the others who demand to know everything that's going on, when it happens, and expects to be involved in the decision making?

When something's ready to be announced, it'll be announced. Getting narky about it online serves no purpose.

14. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

If and only if there are 3 genuine punters looking at seriously buying the club then Ehab will be playing them off against each other like a Gilbert Baitson auction

15. City Man

No he won't

It's all about finding a good home for the club which will be sold for a quid

16. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

It does make me think that they sports group was the Cali sports group. Our local news did say that they wanted to buy a club that was not in the PL. It makes me think that the price just went up and now they will look somewhere else.

17. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

My guess is Ehab will stay on with a minority share similar to the guy at Swansea. It seems he doesn't want to let go. This is a great way for him to network with people he would otherwise never get close to. What an opportunity to sell your high powered lawnmower engines or whatever he makes. I hear Abramovich can't get enough of them. He has two already, one he keeps has a spare.

Brucey will stay on because he has nowhere else to go. Get ready for one shot on target per game next season unless he changes tactics.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  18. Tiger1966

Tiger1966 Active Member

But doesn't Assem (Chairman) actually own the club & Ehab (Vice Chairman) was appointed by him to run the club ?
    So if Assem decides to sell Ehab is out of a job ?
    Assem is wealthy & put the money up to buy City ?
    or does Ehab have money himself & they went 50/50 & are joint owners of Hull City ?

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's family money and Ehab's hardly going to end up unemployed, he's got a generator business to run.

20. City Man

I think running Ferriby would be more suited to the modest capabilities of Ehaw.