1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Disneyland

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nacho, Feb 26, 2017.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Took my 6 year old last week and she loved it. There's a few rides she couldn't go on but she was fine with it as me and my lad went on the bigger rides whilst my missus took the little one to meet characters and do princessy things. To be fair, there's only the "upside down" rides she couldn't go on - went on Crush's rollercoaster and the tower of terror and loved them both! 6 year old = zero fear of the unknown!

mackemwelder likes this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You did the princessy things as well, didn't you?

3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Aye of course - I dressed up for the day as Princess Aubergine from that film Pokeyrhighness!

Daughter looked lovely though and thoroughly enjoyed it! (Wants to for what the bastard cost me!!)

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

She's not quite one year old so it'll be a while before we go, it sounds like there's loads to do for any age as long as they're old enough to appreciate it. I haven't got a clue if I've got the stomach for rollercoasters etc these days, used to go on anything and loved it but dunno if I've still got the iron stomach necessary.

Water parks are great fun eh.

5. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

It's a kids paradise mate, good weather and literally all kinds of attractions for the youngens, plus the locals try to make it special for the kids as well which is good.

Just make sure she's able to walk distances cos you will cover some ground out there mate.

My son was 9 when we first went and he loved it, but he couldn't get on the rollercoasters and he was gutted, I was chuffed cos i'm not a big fan of them myself. Love the water parks like and I think Disney have 3 of them, plus there's a massive wet and wild as well. Just be prepared to do a lot of walking.

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cross between family fun time and a gruelling workout, I won't bother exercising before I go then. What's it like in terms of how rammed it is, constantly being jostled and crowded gets on my nerves. I know it's busy obviously I'm not expecting it to be quiet.

7. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

TBH mate i always go in late season, usually September or October so it's not too bad, i imagine if you went during school holidays it will be rammed like. Just try to avoid school holiday time if you can mate, it's a lot quieter. The weather starts to turn late October to November but it's still warm.

Nacho likes this.
  8. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

Hartlepool - we went to Seaburn Camp!

9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Ow nowt wrang with seaburn camp.

10. MackemInTheMiddle

Didn't say there was :emoticon-0128-hi: we even got to go onto the beach and we found starfish and crabs - the sealife - never see them on the shoreline now! Was a grand day out from Ford Estate.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Did you not see the dolphins chasing the tuna through the turquoise water

12. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

We went to Edinburgh zoo and one of the lads who's parents had to be persuaded to let him go as he was a bit on the wild side managed to steal a baby f*cking penguin. No one knew until the parents heard him in the bath with it.
    School trips were banned for our year after that. Never ever got an opportunity to go on another.

Burly Hurley likes this.
  13. MackemInTheMiddle

Of course we did, but they were modelled from turds and tampons :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  14. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Wouldn't take a todler, mine were 7 & 8 when we did it, and the little one was a frustrated daredevil, getting well pissed at being denied access to all the fun rides. Best time of the day is near the end when all the families leave & you can grind the good rides with no queues, the day time is a nightmare, just so busy you will literally be in line waiting to get in line. No joke.

15. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Our lass and the bairns have been to the Florida one and the other theme parks there. My idea of hell though so I didn't go..