1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Vs Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Sep 17, 2016.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

God help us if Lookman or Holmes get injured.

League 2 a real possibility.

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Don't think league 2 is on the cards (though I say that with a hesitance not to jinx things), it still detracts from immediately being a poor performance where victory was in clear sight, and two) it hopefully not being a sign of things to come.

I fear come Monday, slade won't change ****.

3. User deleted as requested

Table toppers Scunthorpe next up on Tuesday night.

I would bring in Bauer for Konsa (poor today) and maybe Lennon for Pearce. Jackson back for Donkey Crofts, but above all PLEASE drop that waste of space Nicky Ajose. 2 fortunate deflections aside at Walsall, he has contributed nothing in his first 7 games apart from arguments with team mates. Ok we are not playing to his "strengths" but at least run about a bit and try FFS. His first touch is heavier than Pardew's in a disco.

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Agree with a lot of that thought Fox was excellent today Novak was more of a threat in 10 mins than Ajose in 80 .
    Losing to AFC Wimbledon is 100% embarrassment .It wasn't a lucky win we were ok first half and first 10 of 2nd half.
    That's OK nothing special but OK and winning .
    Then sat back further and further and got punished.
    Slade obviously couldn't see what we all could see.
    This job is too big for him.

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

WE're nearer the relegation spots than the play-offs, the tables don't lie. Slade spends too much time covering his arse for my liking. His saving grace is that Roland's previous appointments were even worse, what a recommendation- he's better than Carol, Millwall Bob or Mad Dog Luzon. I'll have my first look at Charlton next Saturday at Oxford, another defeat and the fans' response could be interesting.

6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Didn't see the match, which I'm happy about, but followed the updates. However, there is a pattern emerging, which Cardiff fans warned us was the case. However, there is also a damning statistic, that Russel Slade has never achieved promotion. The general view of the match was that we started brightly, missed a few chances to kill the game off, after which Wimbledon pushed forward and won. While we were being pushed back, Slade opted to change nothing, and when the Don's got their winner, he let us continue unchanged.
    One defeat isn't a problem. Swindon bushwacked us at the Valley one promotion season. But that was a different era. We are looking very average. Ajose is getting stick now, but we are serving hoofball, and the midfield continue to plod. Slade may get us into the top half, but I begin to doubt he'll achieve more.

7. User deleted as requested

The crowd turned on the players quickly today after Wimbledon scored, ditto last week at Fleetwood when Right Said Fred was barracked for his substitutions. There is the smell of death around the Valley at the moment, 50% of the remaining fans are the hardcore Happy Clappers "it's my job to support the team", the other 50% are like me just waiting for the right time to start the proper protests again as opposed to the Enid Blyton tribute act we get from CARD.

As FHB said, Oxford away next week will be interesting because we can't tolerate this sh1t for too much longer.

8. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Is Slade better than Peeters or Luzon...I'm not so sure

9. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

OK, better than Carol (touch wood).