1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Vs Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Sep 17, 2016.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I assume China is taking a break from his duties, I pm'd him but got no reply yet so may as well start a thread.
    CHARLTON:
    Rudd;
    Solly (capt), Konsa, Pearce, Fox;
    Holmes, Ulvestad, Crofts, Lookman;
    Magennis, Ajose.

Subs: Phillips, Lennon, Jackson, Bauer, Botaka, Foley, Novak.
    Wimbledon have a Fuller at RB, wonder if it's Barry who came through our Academy?

It's absolutely fantastic what Wimbledon fans have achieved, and I hope they get their dream move back to Plough Lane. Good luck to them this season.

2. ForestHillBilly

The atmosphere sounds flat on the commentary. either the game is crap or else the fans miss BDL exhorting them to get behind the boys & make some noise.

3. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

4. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

by all accounts a worse performance than anything seen last season, talk your way out of that one Uncle Fester?

5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sorry. I've been on ITTV (after promising not to) as I wanted to hear Colin gushing about how a 2-1 home defeat is really a great result and a kick in the teeth for CARD.

6. deleted.....

A guy on Twitter blamed the 2-1 loss on CARD's pre-match protest rather than Fester and the player <laugh> what a plank!

It was such a tiny protest I doubt the players even knew it happened..

7. ForestHillBilly

The commentator was having kittens when we were 2-1 down in stoppage time and Rudd was taking a goal kick. Only Magennis was upfield, the rest of the team were in our own half. Maybe we were playing for time? If Rob Elliott had been in goal he'd probably have got himself booked for time-wasting. Well done Wimbledon and their fans however.

8. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Just back home from a new nadir in the recent history of Charlton.

A very good opening 10 mins saw us all over the Dons, with Lookman finishing from outside the box.

Slowly but surely we took our foot off the gas, although Rudd was not troubled

Attacking their excellent 1500 away support in the second half, Dons gained in confidence after a substitution which saw a big no.9 come on. We were ragged and our midfield non existent

Unfortunately despite our top 6 budget our Albert Steptoe like Defence was always unlikely to hang on and so it proved

Booed off at the end and rightly so.
    There is more chance of CARD winning "Campaign of the Year" than the very average Slade getting us out of this league - in a Northerly direction that is.

Depressing.

9. ForestHillBilly

AFC Wimbledon only 1 point behind Milton Keynes- hope they go above them soon.

10. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Sorry! I had wrote it up, but in true me style, I got me a date with a hot woman who claimed she liked whiskey. So it was worth sitting, watching a play in the Globe Theatre.

11. Holden Chinaski

Now for dinner and more more and loads more whiskey

12. User deleted as requested

If we lose at Oxford next week Slade is under pressure

We are making no progress whatsoever under his stewardship and I for one cannot be bothered to give the fat c*nt much longer

13. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I am so glad that I have decided not to watch this dog turd this season. Drawing against Fleetwood and losing against AFC Wimbledon who were both non league teams not long ago. What excuse will the apologists give.Too cold, too windy, card protest.Promotion, my Arse.

14. Holden Chinaski

I've been told by the lady that we're 2 points from relegation... she's understands the promotion and relegation.... a keeper???

#roland out

15. User deleted as requested

Funny you should say that, a fan called Simon Wright has Tweeted that the protesters are responsible for the defeat today <laugh><laugh>

Let's be clear - I was at the protest as an observer - there were 250 -at most out of 7500 Charlton fans there today

CARD and the protests in this form are finished

This team is utter sh1t and would still be so if 27,000 deluded members of ITTV were cheering them on.

DickPlumb likes this.
  16. deleted.....

Typical Fester.... "we are leaking too many goals" ...... NOT .. "We are failing to score enough goals when bossing games"

Negative pr1ck <grr>

17. User deleted as requested

I just want it to kick off down there big time, it is such a depressing experience these days like watching a much loved elderly relative suffering on their death bed

I saw Murray getting out of his sports car in his shades before the match - a new bird on his arm at least 30 years his junior.

The old Mrs Merton gag sprang to mind.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Falls on Slade. That team was good enough to beat Wimbledon and showed it in places. Second half though you could see slade, not discouraging them, but more insistent on maintaining shape than being creative when in menacing positions. Very notable on set pieces too.

Not going to go OTT as I'm somewhat not surprised. He's a manager who has never achieved promotion, and today was a glimpse as to why. Today, as much as I hate Roland, was on slade.

19. User deleted as requested

Slade is a one paced, lower league plodder.

No written guarantees for a reason

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yep. He will pick up points where perhaps we aren't expecting them, but then he will lose them when we 'should' get them.

Monkey and peanuts come to mind. PP did the job with a squad not as talented in a league that wasn't as competitive