1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zola resigns..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Bolton's Boots, Dec 16, 2013.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rookery Mike's thoughts.

"Thrilling to hear that so many of the watfordfc fans that wanted Zola out now don't want his as yet unnamed successor either. Brilliant."

Fickle or thoughtless? Take your pick. I did ask last night how happy some of them would be when they were not allowed to make an appointment.

2. Goldentrue

Goldentrue Active Member

Would have struggled to put it better myself...

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

As ever in these type of situations the players could look at themselves.

Zola did sometimes fail tactically which is maybe where he could have done with some experience alongside him as per last season but he isn't the one making mistakes in goal/defence and not shooting when well placed on the pitch.

A good man who did his best and its a credit to the guy that he choose to manage us (could have just sat on his millions in London being a pundit) but sadly having no Vydra and Abdi being injured really did for him plus maybe no Plan B (unfortunately teams knew how to play us)

Good luck to the new guy and he'll get my support (unless it was a Di Canio type person with no man-management skills) as we want a stable progressive club so there is no point rubbishing them before they start.

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Very well written Tamas, i hope yellowtoyou reads this and the penny drops for him :emoticon-0181-fubar

5. yellotoyou

yellotoyou Active Member

"Very well written Tamas, i hope yellowtoyou reads this and the penny drops for him " - nope sorry no pennies dropped here nor do i expect any to - how about you?

Agree with Tamas though and i think it's sad that Zola has had to go on a personal level but good news for the club as i can't see we were going anywhere with him.

Still no doubt Flittonhorn will let go of his bone at some point - let me know when and i'll reply to him then but no more beforehand - by the way there's no w :emoticon-0116-evilg (psst. it's a play on words!).

6. Yellowvoice

Yellowvoice Member

Sorry guys but to me it was just another Italian surrender.......the going got tough so he bailed out and all your sentimentality is for nothing because at the end of the day GFZ made some very poor decisions ( particularly on rotational play) which ultimately cost us promotion last season.
    A really nice guy, met him a couple of times but I feel he lacked the grit and bones to carry it off in the championship.
    Good luck to him wherever he goes

7. yellotoyou

yellotoyou Active Member

Here here - well said

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

I feel gutted that he left us, no guts for the fight. Better off without someone who isn't up for it. Period.

9. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

It's gunna be Warnock. Don't know why you're all kidding yourselves.

10. yellotoyou

yellotoyou Active Member

Why don't you put some money on with sky bet as your so sure - I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms - they might even give you a celebration mug.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I really don't know how those of you are saying he had no guts have come to that conclusion. It might be right, but it might be totally wrong. Do you have inside information? I don't. Do you ever wonder what happens on the training ground that even Dan doesn't see? Yes, you could disagree with some of the teams he put out quite fairly, but do you know what terms regarding playing time some of the players are on? It annoys me when I see people guessing at what a player might earn, state it as fact, then believe their own guess work is correct. No one knows what has been going on in the club except those involved. Maybe, and I use that word on purpose, he hinted that things behind the scenes were not as they should be and for that reason he felt that it would be better for the club if he left. You can create different reasons for why he might have resigned, but to say that he had no guts for a fight is only your guesswork, not a fact.

12. Yellowvoice

Yellowvoice Member

Bailed out Frenchie, bailed out!

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Do not have a clue what that is supposed to mean. Could you try English or even French? :emoticon-0100-smile

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Alfredo Sebastiani looks as if he will be joining Watford on the coaching staff.

15. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Your club is perfect for Colin, it's in the south so he can commute and you're in just the right situation for him, capable of promotion this season but not close enough that he can't pass the blame if he fails.

We're talking about a man who is almost guaranteed to have applied for the job or have been approached if only to see what he says, and seems able to talk his way into any job.

16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

The glaring problem with that is, he doesn't speak Italian! There is more chance of Colin becoming the next England manager!

17. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Or Leeds playing decent football <ok>

18. Yellowvoice

Yellowvoice Member

My junior hornet tells me there are photos around of this bloke Sannino dining with the Pozzo's last night