1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zlatan confirmed

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by fruscianterox, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<doh><laugh>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  2. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Not worried about you swearing, all I'm saying is get abusive to people who are there in front of you, and can give you a slap. It's pointless getting into an abusive argument with someone online.

It just shows how little you actually have on me though that you're going back 2 years to point out something I was wrong about and picking up on my spelling.

how many goals do you see Ibrahimovich getting this season, just out of curiosity?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I would think 15 or more would be a good return. I don't see him as here only to score goals, he is here to provide assists and create space for others too.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think you're mixing the role of a coach with that of a senior player. When you say that a senior/top player fails as a coach, you're talking about managing or coaching a whole team, which involves tactics, opposition analysis and a whole host of different skill sets. And therefore greater scope for failure. Whereas when you're a senior player you're sharing your experience with another player and leading by example. A young player will look at the way a senior player will make runs, the way they may steer the ball on a first touch for example, the way they link up with another player, their decision making, their ability to slow down a game at the right time or pick up the pace. BUT the key is, it's that one player they're learning from to improve their own game, not the whole team.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  5. King Shergar

Ibrahimovich IMO will not score 15 goals or more this season. I am fairly convinced of that. Will be lucky to get 10.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You can always go tell my employers if me using a swear word or two upsets you so much.
    That's your usual MO.

I don't know, ten - fifteen maybe.

That's not the point, the point is that of course young players learn from older class ones. ****ing obviously.

But hey, I have no clue (as usual) so you must be right.
    Which would be a first.

7. King Shergar

It doesn't upset me, just pointless acting like a tough guy online.

All il say is if Ibrahimovich gets 10+ PL goals il be suprised. Hope he does do well as I am a United supporter, but just don't trust a player of that age leading the line for us. I think signing him was a big mistake.

He should be USA bound like the rest of the top players his age, he's to old for the PL.

8. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

I guess time will tell

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You have no clue as per usual.

Digest those words. Coming from you, that's hilarious.

If I was acting tough I'd have offered you out or something stupid like that.

I didn't, I called you a knobhead which you clearly are.

<ok>

10. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I remember some documentary or other where the players from that time gave their thoughts and opinions on Cantona, his impact and his legacy. Almost to a man they thought his biggest impact was felt on the training ground rather than on match-day. They talked of how he was the first on the training pitch and the last to leave and it was Beckham who said that it was Cantona's endless set-piece practicing that made him copy the guy. Others were saying that because he spent so much longer on the practice ground that they too started doing extra drills - nobody wanted to be seen to be off the field while Eric was still there. If the 'king' felt the need to do extra work, then so should the mere mortals, especially the youngsters

Even the senior players took that as a signal that they had to up their game too, nobody wanted the younger players to look down on them as lazy ordis-interested in improving their game, so in that sense it is possible to see how one signing can have an immense impact on the squad as a whole - and not just by banging in 'x' number of goals per season.

I very much think that Zlatan will have that same impact, and if he doesn't score, who cares. I won't be measuring his success by goals scored - I think he will lift the squad and provide an inspiration for the youngsters. Name one other player in the UK today who could do that.

This is a win-win signing for us. There is no room whatsoever for sentiment in the PL and if JM didn't think for a minute that Zlatan would not improve our squad considerably - then he simply wouldn't be there. Yes the wages are ridiculous, but you can bet that Woodward has already sold more shirts and merchandise than he will cost us over the year.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Teddy Sheringham. Three years in a row, aged 34, 35 and 36. One of those seasons he was playing for Utd you daft twat <laugh>. Heck he even managed nine for Portsmouth the season he turned 37.

Also Alan Shearer, despite having no knee ligaments left by that point. Pretty sure Les Ferdinand managed it multiple seasons approaching his 40s.

Well that was difficult...didn't even have to stretch to Fat Frank or Stevie Me <ok>

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ibrah: I will kill the premier league, eat their defences, then go drink a bottle of the finest Petrus, Pomerol. Enjoy the show.

13. glazerfodder

Obviously well past his best ......

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Making history already. <br><br>We can confirm Zlatan broke <a href="[a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ZlatanTime?src=hash">#ZlatanTime</a[/a]> <a href="[a href="">2[/a] July 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Man UTD is to be renamed Zlatan UTD destroyer of worlds

15. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Zlatan is hardly a Teddy though <doh>

16. glazerfodder

Love all this - the guy hasn't kicked a ball for us yet but he is crap ......................................weird

17. Skylarker

His grandson's quite good I hear.

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You're actually suggesting that Teddy was better at 34?

19. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

He's not going to join, was only a month ago people were taking the piss because he rejected us for Malmo.. Right????

20. Skylarker

Maybe or maybe is was sarcasm? Take it how you want <ok>