1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zebrowski joins

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by ManFeelings, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

2. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

this is the gasheads 10th signing, i do hope they are solvent come march

3. Vanner

Vanner Member

Surely they've got to be favourites for the title. Would love to see it go tits up for them mind!

4. tinned hats

tinned hats Member

wow what is happening down there, i hope all the players they sign can play as a team otherwise it will cost them a fortune ...a big risk is being taken!!

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Obviously trying to spend their way out of this league, depends which direction they exit this league.

6. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

Why would Rovers be favourites? They're not the only club bringing in new players and they're not exactly building from a position of strength. Look elsewhere for next season's champs.

7. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

Reading the rubbish on the blue & amber site by a small minority of fans we are relegation material apparently. :emoticon-0108-speecWe have only signed four top class players, two from league one, plus possibly Nick Fenton ex Rotherham defender & yet we are still relegation material. At least with this forum it is not biased against us compared to other forums.

8. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Brizzle have been singing proven players at League 2 or higher- Gill, Bevan, McGleish, Anyinsah, (Craig) Stanley, Carayol can all do the biz and many have played under Buckle so in theory they're looking very menacing. No guarantee it will work though.

9. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

It all boils down to if they gel as a team quickly. With having a whole new team it may take time for certain players to settle into the club. This division has had a few shocks with teams who have been written off then go on to get promoted & this season may possibly be the same. Bristol Rovers & Crawley may be able to buy their way out of this league but it doesn't mean they are going to walk away with it that easily.

10. Matster

Forum Moderator

You forgot Harrold!!!!

11. Matster

Forum Moderator

You could be reading a lot on there that is repetitive Curtis. You've always been a welcome levelled opinion to me. Morecambe are always a good side, I think that some possibly think that as you are slightly out on a limb distance wise therefore should find it harder to get good players. Some Shrews fans still miss Drummond quite a lot too!

12. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

I think we have done ok up to now with regard good players coming to Morecambe. However some fans may have not done their research into our signings enough to give us a fair evaluation. I do think this season will be a tough league with some very good sides competing for promotion. Drummond this season will be concentrating on reserve & first team issues on & off the pitch as coach and assistant coach respectively, with his wealth of experience he should along with Bentley & Mckenna do a good job. Ken Mckenna may have managed The New Saints, but some fans in league two seem to forget that this manager has played in the europa league & champions league who played Liverpool in 2005 in a qualifying round. Jim Bentley again has been around & captaining our first team for many years, he may be unproven at managerial level, but up to now is not doing a bad job, & if he can get the best out of the players he has brought in other teams could well be looking over their shoulders.

Yourselves & Gillingham look strong teams this season as well as others. However if Jim can get our players motivated & working as a team we may be surprise challengers.

13. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Many other teams have been fishing the lower leagues for rough diamonds or the SPL- they're about the same standard :smiley-finger007:

14. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

SPL is nowhere near league two standard, some teams are certainly capable of championship & premiership level football. Division 1,2,3 I can accept not much difference in the current leagues we are in. Gary McDonald moved from Kilmarnock to Oldham & turned out a gem. This player is more than capable of playing in league one. If he can show us the same ability he showed at Oldham, we should do well with Drummond in the midfield with him. Though Drummond is ageing, perhaps another season then he'll probably solely stick to coaching.

However Yourselves & Gillingham have brought in some very good players & look contenders for promotion. I hope Crawley fall flat on their face thinking this league is going to be a total walkover. IMO Bristol Rovers & Crawley are not going to get it all their own way. It is a tough league & on the day anybody can beat anybody.

15. atcham jack

i suspect the gasheads wage bill should catch up with the club by march 15th 2012. beware the ides of march. woe woe and thrice woe sayeth the soothsayer. harrold could be available in the january window along with paul buckle!

16. atcham jack

it may go pearshaped at the memorial ground, i spy 10 points deduction unless rovers can get attendances to match their wage bill

17. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Our wage bill has been slashed by about 60% you doorknobs. I know your pissed that we have signed all your decent players and all that, but just think straight. We were the 3rd, yes THIRD biggest wage payers in league one last season (Even though we were totally ****) so why would us slashing our wage bill by that much mean we could end up with a points reduction?

P.S our crowds will average out at about 7-8000. Probably more if we are doing well come Christmas.

18. Matster

Forum Moderator

Go and tell the Wycombe boys how you're bragging about signing Matty Harrold.

Some football fans, including us, do actually like and respect Bristol Rovers, however if give out insulting comments on other people's boards then people might change opinions. Admittedly your club is a bit 'up the air' at the moment with ground related stuff and you seem to be spending an awful lot of money on players wages.

19. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Chris-Gashead..

I second Matsters comments, a lot of Salop fans have plenty of time for Rovers (& visa versa). But your insults somewhat buck the trend & are unwelcome (were you dropped on your head as a kid?).

It's best you did some homework on certain players you have signed. I think you'll find that many would suggest you have signed no more than decent L2 standard players. You're going to need better than that to get out of this league.

Rocky.. We've found you a fellow Blob! :)

20. atcham jack

whilst noting chris- gasheads insults, he ought to know when living in bristol in the late 1950,s and the 1960's i used to visit eastville regularly to watch the great rovers team of harry bamford geoff bradford, dai ward , george petherbridge, alfie biggs etc on the saturdays rovers were away i would be down ashton gate watching the city. as a shrews supporter in exile i did have to keep some perspective on opposition football.
    i have noted paul buckle's signings and wish the gasheads well, whether 7 or 8k attend we shall see. i hope i do not have to quote the old rovers joke of 60 years ago. "they are closing stapleton road station down, oh why, because rovers need the points" and the other one "they are growing onions down the tote end, oh why, to go with the tripe served up there". i say again beware the ides of march