1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zamora to QPR

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cravingawin, Jan 31, 2012.

1. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Bandit BZ is not really the guy that will guarantee that!

As if he fits to the team that is debatable.

2. Circus Lights

Circus Lights New Member

As annoying and frustrating and full of himself as Zamora is, let's not forget how instrumental he was in our second-half performance against Newcastle (setting up Dempsey's hat-trick). The huge pity is that he and AJ looked good in the 4-4-2 formation we played in the 2nd half. That obviously wasn't enough to convince Jol that it was the way forward for us.

3. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

How many do you think the Russian will score then? More than BZ has done this season?

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

If he gets sold:
    Lets face it without being as blunt Zamora has done a Samba on us with out coming out in the press and saying
    something like 'I never want to play for the Team again', he just got on and did just that on the pitch
    most the time <yikes> (with a few exceptions).:confused:

If he stays with Us:
    Maybe he was fooling the media and getting them back for making his life a misery by putting out the rumors
    he wants to leave!!!!

I suspect it will be the first, he's always reminded me of a player who likes the money, but really wants to be
    somewhere else (sleeping in bed) and always looking for something to moan about and doesn't knuckle down when things go wrong.

I have good memories of Zamora but they have been soured by his recent performances, it sounds like he won't or can't adapt his style of play.

5. FFC_Madness

No I don't think he will score more but not BZ either that's why I am not really worried about his departure. May be a good thing to stop the "rumours" of unrest in the dressing room and give the chance to Sa and Trotta to play more.

My only worry is that we are selling to QPR without ourselves being secure!

6. Stockdale_for_england

Hello again all, long time no see.
    I think this whole Zamora sale isnt too bad all in all... I'm told he was bought for £4.5mill, so selling him for 4 after a few seasons work isn't too bad a bit of business.
    I worry though that now if AJ were to injure himself for the rest of the season we would end up being even more reliant on Clint, so I'm hoping we sign someone within the next 5 and a half hours.
    I also don't think we'll be relegated this season. OK we've been uninspiring but most of the other teams have been a lot worse. As long as we dont play as badly as Wigan we'll be fine :)

7. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

This is the bit I don't understand. BZ still has 2.5 years on the clock, yet we apparently turned down £1.5m for AJ who has only 6 months left.

Add to that we're selling him to close rivals - in every sense of the word. Unfortunately I can see BZ hitting it off with Helguson. Just as strange, at this time, is the likely move, on loan, of Etuhu to Wolves.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be the old Fulhamish shot in the foot.

8. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Who to believe? SSN are now saying £7m, rising to £9m if they stay up. Ah, bugger it !

9. FFC_Madness

Pitfall of the deal might be that he is asking £90k per week. Have seen that before...

If the deal falls through due to his personal demands what reception is he expecting at CC? Just a thought. Bobby my advise is: take it mate coz you are going to get loads of stick should you stay at Fulham and play as you have been so far...

10. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

It still seems a little surprising; that MAF would sell anyone to Sparky; whether BZ fit the system or players there, including HH. And I'm not sure that Sparky trying to buy QPR away from the relegation zone is going to work - But that's his problem.

11. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Deary me Bandit, you are the embodiment of excitable! Bobby has hardly been our only source of goals this season! If AJ sticks around he'll get more games and if Pog can add a couple too we'll be fine.

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

A great point!

13. Cottagecravens

does the Zamora deal hinge on the Barrios deal?

14. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure but I think the German Transfer window closed at 6pm, so no Barrios, shame.

As for the Zamora sale I would think they are arguing over wages, bonuses, if QPR are relegated get out clause, etc, money to Agents, and Hughes adviser
    Joorabchin getting his client and himself a cut.
    or could they be waiting for Joorabchin to persuade Man City to loan them Tevez :emoticon-0102-bigsm cause that's who Hughes wants.
    and then drop Zamora because of dodgy legs.

15. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Bye bye, BZ. It was nice watching you play. Best of luck at QPR, except when playing us.

16. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

It's not about his goals Bidds, it's his overall play. He assisted all of Dempsey's goals against Newcastle and managed to even get on the score sheet himself. I think Bobby's wage demands forced Fulham to accept a lower price as QPR would not have wanted to pay £9 million PLUS the 90k per week wages.

17. Circus Lights

Circus Lights New Member

Fully expect Zamora to do well for QPR over the next few months as he looks to earn a spot in the Euro squad. That's why we should have kept him. No matter how bad his relationship with Jol was, he would have been a major asset to us for the rest of the season. As Bandit states, he played a part in 4 of the goals against Newcastle. Big onus on Demps & AJ now to keep us up. And time for Ruiz and Dembele to step up to the plate...

18. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Ah we must give this Pomegranate lad a chance first. We never know he could start banging them in.

19. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

He could well do that Ireland, and if he does let me be the first to come on here and apologise for having written him off so abruptly.

20. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

F..k Zamora where are the couple of quality defenders we desperately needed.
    Jol,I feel you are now center stage,with the spotlight on you until the end of the season.
    The next 14weeks,could be make or break for you. and the club.