1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zamora to QPR

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cravingawin, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

To be fair, there's every chance he will with his recent medical record.

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Despite (founded) talk of him not fitting our system any more and not being happy, my sentimental side is gutted.

With regards to the fee, his contract is up at the end of the season so I suppose it's the best we'll get.

3. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

He renewed till 2014 Bidley when MH took over.

Gents let's face it. He will not be missed. We want a striker who can score goals. Apart from 1 season the rest of the time, agreed he contributes for the team, has been poor. People here talk about chances and scoring goal. BZ's record will not be top, most likely bottom.

The guy does not want to be at Fulham. End of...

4. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Are you sure his contract is up at the end of the season? In 2010 he signed a 4 year deal no? In fairness we did accept a £5m bid from Hull 2 years ago only for Bobby to reject the move so it could have been a lot worse. Still think we should push QPR as far as they can go. £4m is definitely not enough considering it's 31st of January and this window is typically a sellers market.

5. Captain Morgan

I think that's a bit harsh, Madness. He was a vital part of the Roy Hodgson team, whether he was scoring goals or not. Whenever he was injured, we didn't look half the side we were with him. I suspect that his importance is less in Jol's system than it was in Roy's, and it certainly seems that he doesn't want to be here any more, but he did a lot more than have one good season. I'll agree that he only had one good goalscoring season, but his game was about a lot more than that.

Now we need to replace him with a goalscorer though.

6. FFC_Madness

Captain I think I have reflected that in my comment. He was moaning under Hodgson and is moaning now. He was an integral part of the team but we can't have a team based on BZ. We always wanted a second option one way or another. Think now we have that.

But I think he is doing a mistake. Either him of Cisse will be left on the bench as they play on the same position...

7. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

If QPR paid more for Cisse than Zamora, our management team need a good kicking...

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Ah fair enough on the contract front, I must have him confused with AJ. So the fee is derisory.

9. FFC_Madness

If you think that Zamora is better than Cisse you are mistaken...

10. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

What's being better got to do with it? Everyone pays a premium for English players, so why shouldn't a direct rival to us?

11. FFC_Madness

Yes I agree, a premium for English players with potential!

12. oldnslow

oldnslow Member

Er, from the BBC. " Micky Gray in Leeds via text, on 81111: "Just seen Clint Dempsey at Kings Cross getting on a train to Newcastle. Wouldn't comment why."" (Please, does this mean we decamp to the Dempsey thread?)

13. FulhamIreland

Just somebody trying to start a rumour I think, wouldn't read too much into it. The guy said he was in Leeds yet managed to see Dempsey in London? Doesn't make sense.

14. Captain Morgan

I saw that. If he's in Leeds, he must have very good eyesight to see Clint at King's Cross. And if Clint they want to beat the deadline, they wouldn't be putting Clint on a train at this time of day - it would be a helicoptor or a private plane or something. It just doesn't add up. There are always dozens of these on the BBC site on deadline day. Nice try though, Micky.

15. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

On the positive side at least we won't have to put up that god awful cupping of his hand to his ear s**te when he scores!

16. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

QPR have a blank chequebook, it's the January window, we don't need the money and he's our most important striker.

HOW IN THE HELL HAVE WE ACCEPTED 4 MILLION FOR HIM!

I'm all for ushering a player out of the club who doesn't want to be here, but we could have offered him to Sunderland/Villa, who would have paid us a lot more. If the Russian guy is Zamora's replacement then the only way is relegation for us.

17. Cravingawin

Bit strong Bandido ol' friend! Relegation? If the Ruski is no up to it, stick deuce up there with AJ or Dembele or Kasami or Ruiz. Christ stick Riise up there! We'll be alright, have faith in MJ.

18. Cravingawin

Apologies I forgot you are a practising Catholic so please ignore the way I used the word Christ. LOL

19. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Craving

To win games you need goals. There is nothing to suggest this Russian can get us a hatful of goals to keep us up, infact there's an awful lot to suggest he won't. Zamora, even though he is a complete arse, is integral to the team and how we play. It will take a while for this new guy to settle, time we don't have.

20. FulhamIreland

Bandit I do share your' pessimism on the transfer dealings but I don't think for a minute we will get relegated this season. I think we have enough goals in the likes of Dempsey, Murphy, Duff, Ruiz, Dembele etc. to keep us up even if the Russian doesn't score many. Let's not be too judgemental until we've seen him play a few games.