1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Z & P Day

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Seven years ago we signed Bobby Zamora and John Pantsil for a cool £6.3m.

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson welcomed the pair to Craven Cottage saying: "I am very pleased that we have been able to add both Bobby Zamora and John Pantsil to our squad. Bobby is a talented striker who not only has a desire to score goals but always looks to involve the rest of the team with his intelligent play. I have no doubt that Bobby will play an important part for us and his quality has allowed us to strengthen our attacking options. John has a versatility that will provide us with more defensive options, which is extremely important to the strength and depth we have in the squad."

"Completing both signings has been a protracted process which has been much speculated about in the media, I am delighted that we can now officially welcome the players to the club, following the completion of all of the necessary paperwork."

And the rest was a nice wee bit of Fulham history. Just a pity one struggled with injury and one didn't play in that Euro final.

2. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Loved both players. Pantsil especially.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Loved them both. For a while John Pantsil was my youngest's favourite player, for no other reason than he had 'pants' in his name. To be fair, my youngest was pre-school age at the time.

Cottager58 and 2whitestripes like this.