1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic You've done very well so you WILL be punished

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by makemdan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

But trials involving a 12 week interval have been conducted for the Oxford jab, although the sample size was small. Here's what the British Medical Journal has to say about it.

Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, appears to be in support of the current policy.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n18

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  2. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

I was told at work yesterday that the three week trial was to speed up the vaccine and a twelve week trial would have delayed its roll out as the government as well as the medics were under pressure to get this vaccine out into the community asap.
    Whether there's any issue between the two jabs being that far apart I was told wouldn't matter in the slightest.

3. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

Gordon you real should stop spreading this 'FAKE NEWS'.

Trump has gone from us, (for now).
    Tis the age of honesty.

And I know, as should you that by now, Nissan is on it's kness.
    Lay offs, perhaps even closure will be announced within the coming months.

I know this because our local Members of Parliament tolds us that this would be the case if we were to leave The EU.
    And we did.

And they wouldn'y have lied to us, would they?
    Three sweet lady Politicians.
    Invent porkypies just to frighten the peasants?

NEVER IN THIS WORLD.

4. Ronsafc

Ronsafc Active Member

The Northern powerhouse leaders should remember this when everything is back to normal. London, South east and richer parts of the country can get a smaller portion of grants from central government and the rest of the country a bigger share, if they are now saying it alright to take things away from highly efficient places.

safc-noggieland and gelders pie like this.
  5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

According to some on here, Brexit has been a disaster for Nissan and no doubt hundreds if not thousands of workers will be losing their jobs in our region :emoticon-0136-giggl

6. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

To be fair it must quite embarrassing for them all their dreams have been shattered that everything hasn’t gone tits up.

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Sorry if it was me that called you to cancel! (Yes that's what I've had to do as part of my job recently!)

As for the OP - It's crazy that we appear to be getting punished because more people up here have taken the chance to get the vaccine! Or we're more efficient in giving it!!

I also actually agree with the delay in giving out the second to protect more people - makes a lot of sense.

However, apparently less people have actually died since October than they did 12 months ago. That's total deaths per month. Obviously, if it's true, this will likely be down to less people going out and less cars on the road etc. (Again this is just something I overheard so haven't looked it up properly)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  8. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I think it's only normal that people worry about local job losses and the consequences of Brexit, which won't all be good. However, anyone who would wish for people lo lose their jobs, to prove some puny political point, would have to be sick in the head.

Montysoptician and Gil T Azell like this.
  9. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Well I agree with that.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Couple of things I've read today.
    72% of the black community and high figures of Pakistani, Bangladesh and Eastern European communities refusing the vaccine. More of those communities down south, so is that why their vaccination figures are behind ?
    Some S E doctors are rumoured to have refused to use Pfizer vaccine, and some have held back demanding more money.
    I was accepting enough of the idea of an equal national effort, but not if these things are true and are the reason for the difference.

11. polyphemus

It seems that there is a bit of 'History Repeating Itself' with this one.

At the time of the Indian Mutiny, Indian Troops fighting forBritain were were told, by their opponants, that the grease used on their new cartridges was a mixture of pork and Beef. Damnation for Muslim's and Hindu's
    General Pershing in The Philipines having trouble with local Muslim rebels allowed the rumour to get about that any rebels, killed would be buried in a grave with a dead pig in it, thus ensuring that they would go to Hell.
    Another rumour, probably untrue, was that US troops dipped their bullets into pigs blood before firing them.

This time, so I read, the rumour has been spread that the vaccimes contain pig and beef poducts.

gelders pie likes this.
  12. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Should have added, a professor is saying it has a lot to do with mistrust of the govt ( well we're all unsure on that one ) and of the NHS, and that there is no representation of their communities amongst the people, govt , scientists etc who provide the information they see and hear.

13. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

So they'll only believe information given to them by someone of their own creed or colour ...

... sounds a bit racist that tbh.

rowley and gelders pie like this.
  14. polyphemus

Umm.

Shortage of Medical Specialsts from Indian and Pakistani and Black heritage. Not how I've seen it.
    In fact without these the Health Service would crumble.
    And of course there is no Government representation either, apart from--
    Sunak
    Patel
    Kwarteng
    Sharma
    Braverman.
    (Apologies for anyone I've missed)
    This is just the list of Senior Ministers.

On the other hand they will happily accept what they get from gossip from the unqualified and 'Social Media' from who knows who or what their agenda might be.
    I believe that The Muslim Council is asking the Mulla's to advise theie congregations to get the vaccine as soon as possible.

15. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

How come your getting yours mate? Is it due to being a carer? I'm a carer for my mrs so I'm going to try and get in early.

16. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Clinically extremely vulnerable mate

Gil T Azell likes this.