1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth & Loanee Watch

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I thought the fee was agreed to up front.

Maybe the kind of deal I'm describing doesn't even occur in football but, that's what I thought it was.

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My understanding is we have agreed that Fortuna can buy at that price, but obviously Tzolis would still need to agree personal terms with them and agree to join permanently.

If a bigger club wants Tzolis, they can negotiate with Norwich, agree a price, and negotiate terms with Tzolis. So we could still get a larger fee.

There is a possibility that Tzolis and Fortuna find a way to finance buying him, with an agreement that they'll immediately find a bigger club to sell him on to, thereby giving Fortuna the profits over £6m rather than Norwich, but I don't think that kind of thing happens too often, and being registered for 3 clubs in a year can have issues for the player. For example if he ended up at Bayern Munich and they wanted to loan him out, I don't believe they could.

Canary Spring likes this.
  3. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Could they then loan him back to Fortuna, not that I think that'll happen. What's in it for Tzolis ? other than getting an even bigger reputation for being a knob

zogean_king and DHCanary like this.
  4. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

5. SuffolkCanary

6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Apparently we're very interested in signing Brazilian youngster Pedro Lima on a permanent contract. He turns 21 tomorrow and has a great model to follow in Sara.

"There was confidence from City's side that a deal could be struck if Lima impressed, something he has done with his performances in Alan Neilson's side, having recorded seven goal contributions in 12 appearances since his move from Brazil."

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwic...y-want-permanently-sign-pedro-lima---reports/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  7. SuffolkCanary

I’m suprised we haven’t seen him make the bench or even get some first team game time yet

8. RiverEndRick

I think that's down to the depth we have in midfield with Sara, McLean, Núñez, Gibbs and Sørensen ahead of him.

9. RiverEndRick

I've been looking deeper into Pedro Lima's progress this year which includes 5 goals and two assists in 12 appearances. He turned 21 yesterday and is 184cm tall (6'1/2"). According to TransferMarkt he can play CM, AM or DM.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

11. RiverEndRick

Be good if Knapper could bring in this one:

"Norwich City have taken Arsenal youngster Kamarni Ryan on trial ahead of his release from the Premier League title contenders. The teenager played for City U18s in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Colchester United on Friday and has been training at Colney as he assesses his options ahead of the summer. Ryan, 18, joined Arsenal from Chelsea in July 2020 and can operate either as a wide player or as a striker. He is one of four players to be told their stay at the North London club won’t be extended beyond the end of the campaign.

After spending a brief period with Watford earlier this month, Ryan is now on trial at City – reuniting with Ben Knapper, who was loans and pathway manager at Arsenal before becoming Norwich’s sporting director in November. Ryan has played 14 times for Jack Wilshere’s under-18s this season, netting three goals and as many assists. He has also been involved in their EFL Trophy campaign, making the bench for a 5-0 victory over Exeter City in October. The youngster is expected to attract plenty of interest following his scheduled release from Arsenal, with City keen to keep close tabs on his situation. They will hope the past relationship with Knapper will aid their cause."

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24221456.norwich-city-take-arsenals-kamarni-ryan-trial/

zogean_king likes this.
  12. RiverEndRick

Abu Kamara's latest goal for Portsmouth:

Kamara's WhoScored stats:
    Screenshot_20240403-093815.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  13. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

City u16s lost 0-9 to Arsenal. 16 year old Omi-Martin scored seven of them. Earlier in the season he scored ten against Liverpool. One to watch for the future methinks.

zogean_king and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  14. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Clearly can score goals, but unless they are all solo goals created from nothing, it might say more about the player(s) / team creating the chances than the scorer.

15. Golden Eadie 2

Obviously. But he still has to put them away.

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Sign him up Knapper

17. RiverEndRick

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
  18. RiverEndRick

"Norwich City centre-back Brad Hills has won the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters Trust player of the season award for the 2023-24 campaign. Hills has impressed throughout his season-long loan with sturdy defensive displays, playing 88% of Stanley's League Two despite missing four games through suspension. In total the 20-year-old made 48 appearances for Accrington, who finished 17th in the fourth division. He'll return to Carrow Road this summer, where it's understood he's under consideration for a place in the first-team squad."

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwic...ity-brad-hills-wins-accrington-stanley-award/

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    zogean_king and DHCanary like this.
  19. SuffolkCanary

It was the u18s I believe not u16s. Prior to the game he had scored 22 goals in his last seven games in the u18PL and over 60 goals for club and country this season. He appears to have played for both the Danish and English youth teams at different age groups

20. Golden Eadie 2

You are right, my error.