1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth & Loanee Watch

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

he’s going to be playing against West Brom on saturday

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

4. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Wow! Love this. Set all levels to play the first team system.

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

7. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Spyrou's touch at the end for the assist :emoticon-0103-cool: Confidence levels as well as skill. Awesome.

8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Tom Scully interview by DDF - The 19-year-old is originally from the Aintree area of Liverpool and was with the Reds from under-six all the way through to under-14 level, before switching colours to the team he supported, Everton. After being told that his scholarship wouldn’t become a professional deal with the Toffees during the latter stages of last season, it was time to look for the next step in his fledgling career.
    “To be fair, I said to my agent, get me somewhere close to home – and he got me somewhere as far away as possible!” the midfielder continued.” “But he said that this was the best club to come to out of the options I had and I said, ‘let’s go for it’. I came in for a trial and Norwich said they wanted to sign me.” He added: “I’m loving it, I’m living in the city, I’ve got a new lodger with me in Mason Bloomfield, who’s come to live with me, and I’m just loving it, every day coming in and playing football.
    The Scouser was in the thick of the action against the Foxes at Colney on Monday night, playing in a deep-lying central midfield role.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwi...-midfielder-forward-at-norwich-city-1-5862320

9. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

That move is worth watching over and over. The fluency and confidence amazing. The back heel is perfectly placed.

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

11. RiverEndRick

Brilliant article, JMF. Southwell highlights the club wide 'togetherness' that SW and DF have brought about:

"The Academy is vital to the togetherness which is being strategically sculpted by the football club. A cohesive unit is dependent on all areas of the football department playing a role. There’s something magical about witnessing an academy graduate fulfilling expectations and pulling on a first-team shirt. Max Aarons’ development has been joyful to watch, as has the way we have watched Todd Cantwell grow as a player and as a person. Those who bemoan Cantwell’s mistakes will be the same ones celebrating his success, and if the last campaign taught us anything, surely it’s that patience is needed. The nurturing of young talent has made City the envy of some of their counterparts – desperate to be informed of the secret – but talent only expresses itself in an environment of improvement and freedom."

SW made it clear when he arrived that he wanted a whole club approach, having started his career with Liverpool's youth set-up. DF was brought in because of his ability to develop and integrate young players and that is exactly what he is doing, not only with the academy products, but with those from both the UK and abroad who want to fit in and make a cohesive whole. It's a big ask and doesn't always work (eg. Oliveira, Wildschut and others), but those who have fitted in have taken us to a new level of togetherness we haven't seen since the early 90s.

JM Fan, goldeneadie and canary-dave like this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

13. SuffolkCanary

Tristan Abraham’s has ended his loan spell with Exeter and gone straight to Yeovil on loan

14. SuffolkCanary

Was it Caleb Richards that was loaned to Tampa Bay?

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

16. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Yes it was. NCFC should be careful sending players to Florida - they may not want to come back. :emoticon-0103-cool:

17. RiverEndRick

Meanwhile, "Anthony Spyrou has managed to maintain some good form, which has been recognised with an award nomination. The 19-year-old took his tally to 10 goals in 20 games for the U23s this season by scoring four goals in four games last month, earning the Essex boy a place on the shortlist for the Premier League Two Player of the Month gong."

Being two years older than Idah, Spyrou may well break into the first team before Idah, though a loan will probably come first, as DF suggests here:

"Spyrou has the size, skill and determination to handle a shot at men’s football, from what I’ve seen, and looks to be ready for a proper loan opportunity next season."

18. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the USL season is played over the summer? I wonder if we'll see more from this linkup as their season approaches.
    Potentially a nice opportunity for our youngsters to play competitive football when there isn't so much in Europe, making it easier to see their level before our pre-season.

19. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

20. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good luck to both, weird timing as presumably it'll be hard for them to find clubs before the summer?

JM Fan likes this.