1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth & Loanee Watch

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Aug 22, 2015.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I've been very impressed when I've seen him play for the under 23s, so this can only be good news - 'Norwich City are delighted to announce that winger Diallang Jaiyesimi has signed a new deal with the Club until 2020 with the option of a further year. Jaiyesimi, 19, joined City from non-league side Dulwich Hamlet in 2016 and has impressed since moving to Norfolk.'

Carbrooke Canary and canary-dave like this.
  2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely gutted that Remi Matthews got injured and we had to return him to you. Think he was received well when we heard he was coming and we weren't disappointed. He did really well for us and I'm not the only one gutted he has gone. Big thanks to Norwich for the loan in the first place and a bigger one to Remi for his efforts.

Our record this season with keepers is beyond belief. We have been forced to sign a 6th keeper now because it was an emergency loan and if he couldn't play we had to give him back. The alternative for a game tonight would have been between 2 Academy players one of which is 16. One of the Academy keepers is also carrying an injury. My guess is that Keepers must be dreading Argyle asking for them to come here. It's a real poisoned chalace this season.

Anyway, thanks again Norwich and I'm sure everyone in Green wishes Remi well and a speedy recovery.

3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great post SG - and rest assured everyone in yellow wishes him a swift recovery, too.
    Shame he had to cut short his time with you, it was immensely beneficial to both the player and your club for him to be involved in as much action as possible.
    Hope you get the 'keeper crisis resolved and good luck for the rest of the season <ok>

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thank you Cromercanary. (been to your neck of the woods. Nice place and the locals talk a bit like us as well so no problem understanding the language)

We might set the league record for keepers this season if we keep it up. Talk of us trying to get the lad back when fit but I'm not sure we would be allowed to. I would jump at it if we could. Because it's an emergency loan I think we are only allowed one and as long as we have one then that's it. Only way would be a January window loan and think that's unlikely given we are supposed to have 3 senior keepers and lack of funds for another one. He is a great prospect for you though. Will watch out for him in the future and good luck yourselves for the season ahead.

5. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

canary-dave likes this.
  6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Put him in the team now <ok>

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Under-18s qualify for PL Cup knockout phase and they’ll find out their quarter final opponents this week.
    Edit - And our Under 23s won as well - Abrahams fires Under-23s to victory at Bury.
    I'd LOVE to see what he could do as a sub for the 1st team!!!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Canary Spring likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If he could get a spot on the bench, or better still some minutes in the first team,
    imagine what a shot in the arm that would be for the young and academy players.
    Webber keeps talking about the importance of the academy producing decent players but apart from Josh and Jacob, we've seen precious little evidence of him or DF backing that up by selecting any for first team action.
    Money where mouth is, SW - what's to lose after all, with our only 2 'proper' strikers both misfiring so badly?

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

GRRRR8 Post Cromer and I agree re - 'Money where mouth is, SW', we've NOTHING to lose!!!!! <applause>

10. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Here we go again, the reason we are not scoring is not purely down to our only 2 'proper' strikers misfiring, its much deep and more fundamental than that. Until the tactics change or we recruit or develop non striking players who have the skill and ability to play the way Farke wants, changing the striker will make no significant difference. Abraham's by all accounts is playing very well for the U23's. But there is a massive difference between Championship & U23's football. His next move should be a short term loan to a league 1 or 2 team where he will get plenty of game time. I think to bring him into the first team at this time is only likely to hinder or reverse his development and would make no tangible difference to the first team. In short we would be sacrificing his short term development for sentimental reasons and to give fans false hope for a week or two, before reality sets in. Of course there is something to lose or at least set back and that is the development of Abraham's.

JM Fan likes this.

11. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

And already desperate to move on to the big boys, not apparently grateful of his chance with City, useful stepping stone to play for United!

Bah!

12. Canary Spring

Not particularly politic of him was it? But he's only 15. I'll cut him some slack for that. One reason I posted the link was to give him some credit for his achievement. There was nothing in the EDP or NEN about him. Let's show him some love and next time he might mention NCFC :)

13. Canary Spring

Jamal Lewis played for an hour in the U23's. Didn't realize he was that close to playing again.

14. General Melchett

That's good news, he would seem like the next youth in line to make the step up to the first XI. Though on recent evidence his confidence might be better nurtured avoiding our current championship travails.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Under 18s playing in the Youth Cup at CR on Tuesday evening - tickets £3 each.

16. Canary Spring

For goodness sakes, General, I'm trying to find something positive. <wah>

17. General Melchett

OK, maybe he will help arrest our recent championship slump! (Especially if it coincides with Tettey and Trybull returning to the starting XI)

Bah!

Canary Spring and JM Fan like this.
  18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

So our Under 18s will play Derby to progress to the next round of the FA Youth Cup and the tie is to be played by 20th Jan. I'll post details once they are released

19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is very strong talk of Remi Matthews coming back to Plymouth for possibly the remainder of the season. There is much rejoicing on the boards and forums at this and I hope it isn't one of those false buzzes that often go around with signings. One thing it does show though is how strong the feeling was for the lad before he got injured and had to return to you. We have a keeper who is highly thought of keeper wise so it shows how highly Argyle fans rate Matthews if they are praying for a return.

canary-dave likes this.